PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pot Roast visiting - (UPDATED - He's Reportedly Joining the Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ I'd give my left foot to have won at least Super Bowl 46. Christ it haunts me more than 42 for whatever stupid reason.
Agreed, 46 would have been redemption for 42..instead it was another major kick in the gut... Luckily 49 has helped immensely with those wounds

I like this. I hope they leave him in on third down. I personally hate when we go light on 3rd down because we lose power and dont add too much speed. I prefer power that collapses the interior and I think we will have that between Branch, Easley, and Pot Roast.

I also wonder if they aren't thrilled with any of the DTs in the draft. Maybe they draft a kid and ease him in as Branch and Pot Roast are done after 2016.

rookie DTs don't seem to have that much of an impact in BB's defense. watch malcolm brown and easley make a big jump this year.

Interesting that Hicks signed for two years at $10mm, and the Patriots let him go, and then signed Knighton to $4.5mm. That's a lot for someone at this point in free agency.

But happy the Pats appear to be all-in again.

You know why we (and Belichick) are obsessed about getting value for their cap money. In the end, managing cap money has been one of Belichick's greatest advantages.

There's a difference between understanding that they need to manage the cap responsibly and the kind of cap micro micro micro micro management that has been going on here. Thanks to Miguel more than anyone else (by miles and.miles and miles) as well as a coach/GM whose approach to team building is based heavily upon value, this forum is more knowledgeable and savvy about the salary cap than any other fan base out there, and that's a very good thing and raises the level of discussion regarding personnel and cap matters. That's a good thing and I'm all for it, I do however think that like anything else theres a time and place for it and that over the years cap based discussions have gone from a factor in discussing the roster to the overriding concern and an obsession to many. Clearing cap space for Free agency is important and a priority in the lead up to the start of free agency, however there is also a point where the priority has to become fielding the best team for the upcoming season, and imo there are a good number of people here who don't get that factor and stay completely focused on how much each player is making and whether that's the "right value" instead of looking at what is most important for fielding the best team that season, and who would apparently prefer to keep cost cutting instead of recognizing that there will always be players who are both overpaid and underpaid on each seasons team. The Patriots are now at the point where saving money is a secondary concern for this season's team and what really matters is putting the best possible team on the field for 2016, and that filling the need on the defensive line was more important than spending an extra million for pot roast doesn't really matter if he delivers what they need on the field.

Last edited:
Interesting that Hicks signed for two years at $10mm, and the Patriots let him go, and then signed Knighton to $4.5mm. That's a lot for someone at this point in free agency.

But happy the Pats appear to be all-in again.
I mentioned this earlier as it is at least curious. They tried to sign Hicks, so I think it is more complicated that simply preferring Knighton, although they are not identical. I wonder if they were willing to pay more after losing on Hicks?

rookie DTs don't seem to have that much of an impact in BB's defense. watch malcolm brown and easley make a big jump this year.

Easely is going into his third season, but imo he's the key to the deal for pot roast as he will be one of the guys they move around and will offset the loss of Chandler Jones.. Now if they have a spot for Chris Jones they will have their D Line filled out and Easely will be the one who really takes ChandlerJones role of both an interior and edge pass rusher, whereas Long will provide more of a DE who can hold the edge and get some pressure when need on early downs.

At about midseason Brown was playing at a good level. To your point he may have been the exception than he rule.

Easely is going into his third season, but imo he's the key to the deal for pot roast as he will be one of the guys they move around and will offset the loss of Chandler Jones.. Now if they have a spot for Chris Jones they will have their D Line filled out and Easely will be the one who really takes ChandlerJones role of both an interior and edge pass rusher, whereas Long will provide more of a DE who can hold the edge and get some pressure when need on early downs.

I'd be very surprised to see Easley on the edge frequently.

If knighton lost some weight then i expect him to be effective. Any idea how much weight they saying he lost?

Imagine if Knighton announced his decision today instead of yesterday. Would any of us have believed it?

Have the official details came out about his deal. Many were saying the same thing about McClellin's deal until the official numbers came out. Who knows what kinds of incentives he has to meet to reach that 4.5 number, and if he does that means he had a good year.

Captain Stone's brand of general negativity is usually a nice counterweight to the insane homer posse. He's gone over the top a bit since the last Super Bowl win, though, IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents