PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible reason why a Colts win is better for PATs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing--all this Jets or Baltimore stuff when it's going to be neither. We will face KC and Pitt--you can forget the rest of the pack.

I do believe that KC has more of a chance than a lot of people are giving them, but in the end I agree that if the Colts do beat the Jets they will never make it out of Pittsburgh.

This is going to sound strange. I want the Jets to lose because they are the Jets and I hate them more than I hate the Colts, and I do hate the Colts.

Anything can happen in the playoffs. If he Patriots should not win, I don't think I could bare the Jets winning and going on to the AFCCG. I'll be sad and disappointed if the Patriots should not win vs the Chief or Ravens. But I won't be crushed as I would if should be the Jets.

Does that sound strange or weird?

Amazing how many posters here completely forgot about how the Pats ALREADY played the Ravens this year with TWO WEEKS rest and heard non-stop about that beat down last year.

Sorry, but that " by the hair of the chinny chin chin" win doesn't fill me with much lust for another.

Gimme Loud Rex next week and his clearly inferior team.

........and I want the Jets comp to SD to be a 2nd rounder instead of a 3rd rounder for Cromartie.

I haven't forgotten jack. All games are different, and that "hair of the chinny chin chin" win leads me to think the next game would be more of a blowout than if the Pats played the Jets again. Sports are rarely predictable.

Just going to ask here, what is the majority here hoping for between NYJ, KC, and BAL? All three have great storylines.

Cassel vs his coach and QB who got him there, revenge vs BAL's victory in 09, Jets for various reasons. I honestly can't think of one result from all 4 WC games that would upset me, there is a good side to any result here while we sit back on bye week.

Last edited:
Over analysis IMO ... Patriots will be prepared to play regardless of opponent.

You seriously think the team will have different mental attitude regarding their opponent?

Look no further than the snow game to see our mental approach does not change.

You can go even farther and look at how they played their last game of the season.. Ricky Williams after the game said that the Pats played harder than ony other team they have played against all season even though they had nothing to play for. This team is focused and I doubt they will take any opponent lightly especially now that its playoff time.

I view this as a "glass half full game".

Same here. There's good reasons to root either way, and for me it's making my head hurt thinking about all the different scenarios so I'm just gonna sit back and hope for a good game. Either team loses is a good thing at the end of the day.

This is going to sound strange. I want the Jets to lose because they are the Jets and I hate them more than I hate the Colts, and I do hate the Colts.

Anything can happen in the playoffs. If he Patriots should not win, I don't think I could bare the Jets winning and going on to the AFCCG. I'll be sad and disappointed if the Patriots should not win vs the Chief or Ravens. But I won't be crushed as I would if should be the Jets.

I'll agree with the 1st paragraph.

I'd like to see a dominant defensive win over Manning.

If they could hold Manning under 200 yards, I'd really feel a lot better about this defense.

I haven't forgotten jack. All games are different, and that "hair of the chinny chin chin" win leads me to think the next game would be more of a blowout than if the Pats played the Jets again. Sports are rarely predictable.

Obviously you HAVE forgotten it because you wrote earlier in the thread -- "On the flip side, a week of hearing "33-14" will have the Pats coming out breathing fire against the Ravens." -- as if the Pats hadn't ALREADY heard that before another Ravens game earlier in the season and they didn't blow out anyone that day.

Exactly what makes you think the Pats will be MORE upset about last year's loss to the Ravens the second time after already beating the Ravens? Most teams are most pumped for revenge the very NEXT time they face the other team - - it's not like a skipping kind of thing.

Last edited:
I don't believe in trap games in the playoffs. Everyone knows what is at stake. You bring your A game or go home. Do you say the Steelers had a trap game in 2001 when the Pats beat them? I say they got outplayed, outcoached, and out schemed. The better team won.

It doesn't matter what we want, the Jets have absolutely no chance to beat Peyton and his mediocre and wounded teammates. Wrecks is all blubber and bluster with no substance. The Jets true measure will be on full display for all the world to see, when Rex and his team of over-rated prima donnas will be exposed as the frauds they are. Book it.

Besides, as has been mentioned, Jets lose and you gotta love the 2nd rounder it costs them for a one season Cro rental.;) More genius in the F.O.

I'll root for the Colts. I just can't stand the Jets.

So is this the official trap game thread for the Divisional playoffs?

It doesn't matter what we want, the Jets have absolutely no chance to beat Peyton and his mediocre and wounded teammates. Wrecks is all blubber and bluster with no substance. The Jets true measure will be on full display for all the world to see, when Rex and his team of over-rated prima donnas will be exposed as the frauds they are. Book it.

Besides, as has been mentioned, Jets lose and you gotta love the 2nd rounder it costs them for a one season Cro rental.;) More genius in the F.O.

If the Jets lose to Indy, they have to give up a 3rd rounder, not a 2nd rounder. If they beat Indy, they have to give up a 2nd rounder.

Go Jets!

Obviously you HAVE forgotten it because you wrote earlier in the thread -- "On the flip side, a week of hearing "33-14" will have the Pats coming out breathing fire against the Ravens." -- as if the Pats hadn't ALREADY heard that before another Ravens game earlier in the season and they didn't blow out anyone that day.

Exactly what makes you think the Pats will be MORE upset about last year's loss to the Ravens the second time after already beating the Ravens? Most teams are most pumped for revenge the very NEXT time they face the other team - - it's not like a skipping kind of thing.

It doesn't matter that the Pats squeaked out an OT win earlier in the season. The dynamic of the week if the Pats play the Ravens again will be how dangerous the Ravens are, this is the match-up the Pats didn't want, 33-14 last playoff game, etc. etc. The dynamic of the week if the Pats play the Jets will be, "how much will the Pats win by this time?"

The Pats are a young team, and still impressionable. Again, the Pats win both games easily, I think, but the OP's 2 cents is reasonable.

They are a much better team now, they struggled against SD and CLE back then in OCT. Now they are in the playoffs and WILL be fired up.

my feelings exactly. to add to this - i think division teams are always tricky ,45-3 not withstanding. So it would not be the same with if the pats play the jets again.

I'd like to see a dominant defensive win over Manning.

If they could hold Manning under 200 yards, I'd really feel a lot better about this defense.
That wont happen. We will score so many points that they will have to throw a ton. Yards dont matter,in fact allowing a lot of passing yards usually means a win.

Agreed with consensus. Ideally it would be Jets @ Pats while the Ravens and Steelers beat each other up.

This.

Plus, by beating Indy, the Jets lost their 2nd round pick to the Bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News