PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible Patriots Target: Michael Griffin, Safety from the Texas Longhorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
If size does matter at SS...keep an eye on Sabby Piscitelli, Oregon St, 6-3 224 and fast. Plays the run and pass well and is a late riser. Could develop behind Rodney for a year -- then who knows. Considered a 3rd-rounder now, but after workouts, etc -- could move up a round.

Thx for the heads up on piscitelli. Never heard of the guy before, but he sounds like a very intriguing prospect.

Where did you find that? I looked, but couldn't find it. Not many players play as fast as there combine time. I will stand by what I said before and I believe you agree. Hawkins is not blazing and not slow. He has average speed of a cb.

You know what? Shame on me for not posting the link. Sorry. I actually just googled Artrell Hawkins 40 yard dash time into google. Sorted through alot of junk on Packers players and so forth, and after awhile, I found an article that said his time.

Maybe I exaggerated a little but Hawkins is not the long term solution at free safety for the New England Patriots. Michael Griffin has that potential.

ditto.
Check out these rankings:
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/s.html

Griffin has almost twice as many tackles as Landry or Nelson over the past two seasons. And I don't need to re-iterate how much of a ballhawk this guy is.

Last edited:
I said we would have to trade up to get griffin in the 2nd rd. The odds of him dropping to the high second aren't unrealistic. But who knows, everyones lists will be changing atleast 20 times by draft day, due to the combine, pro workout days, and all the player hype. One guy many think wont even be a first rd. pick, easily turns out to be a top 20 every yr.
I like your picks, except for the David Harris pick. He was good, but not very impressive. To me atleast. Not to mention that he is as slow as molasses. I think he runs the 40 in 4.7 and has even been timed near 4.8. That is slooooow.

Harris ran 4.55 and 4.57 at the Combine...

Are you stating that Bill Polian is spying on the New England Patriots messageboard?

Considering that members of this forum have great insights on the Pats, we can expect that Polian would be spying on this messageboard.:D

There is also John Wendling out of Wyoming. 6'1 222 and ran 4.48 range at the combine. Supposed to be very smart, high character, non-stop motor type. Only the level of competition is a ?.

Barry

Griffin is a special teams monster, another reason for the Pats to love him.

Griffin and Buster Davis would be 2 quality additions to the D.

I am now concerned that Griffin's stock may be rising, with the other two safeties in the draft facing intelligence or character concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News