PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible Patriots Targets you might not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Cousins,
I have been searching possible Patriots connects and visits or multi-visits. Some do not make any sense like a Reggie Ragland, Vonn Bell or Jonathan Bullard as they will be called Thursday, but two intrigue me in Round 2 early and one later in that Round. I think BB might package #60 and #61 to go there for a shot at those two (three) with 11 picks.

It is just a due diligence on reported trips and workouts, but more than one time.Understand neither are my picks. This is just gathered information.

The Pats have shown interest in possible second rounders Vernon Butler DT La. Tech, Germain Ifedi, T Texas A&M and S/OLB Su'a Cravens of USC.

Butler is 6'4" and 323 lbs. He is ranked from #29-#35 in the top 100.of various evaluators. Su'a Cravens is rated in the mid 50's. You are going to have to stretch to reach either but no so hard for Cravens.

Ifedi is 6-5 ¾, 324 has long arms and he's shown quality athleticism in pass protection.....yea! He had a private work out with the Pats (Scar!)

According to the NFL Draft Value Trade Chart, nos. #60 and #61 are worth 592 points. Cleveland, Tenn., Dallas or the Chargers I am sure would pull the trigger for two second rounders seeing they all have holes to fill. You could go up to get Butler or Ifedi if that is Bill's flavor.

As far as Cravens, #61 and #91 in the third puts us at 428 points. Right about in the Saints area at pick #47 and we should be able to land him and still have pick #60 If we don't go Butler or Ifedi.

Other main interests they have had are Maryland OLB/DE Yannick Ngakoue, a pass rush expert, Maryland S/CB Sean Davis a hybrid DB who has length, Kevin Byard from Middle Tenn. a Safety who is a ball hawk and can return punts, Alabama CB/pr Cyrus Jones, RB Kenneth Dixon La. Tech , WR Devin Fuller from UCLA(???UDFA?) and Navy RB Keenan Reynolds.

They have also had a private workout with Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa. If you recall BB had a love affair with Tulsa TE Garrett Mills a few years ago.

Just for laughs, yet another Mock:

Round two: Pick #32 DT Vernon Butler in a trade with Cleveland foe pick $61 and pick #62
Third Round #91 Pats select: OLB Yannick Ngakoue Maryland
Third Round (comp) #96 Pats select:Kenneth Dixon RB La. Tech
Fourth Round #64 in trade with the Falcons who need many picks and we offer 4 (our two sixth picks #196,#204 two seventh picks #243 and #250):Sean Davis S/CB Maryland
Sixth Round (Comp) #208: Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa
Sixth Round (comp) #214:Kevin Byard S Middle Tenn
Sixth Round (comp) #271:Cole Tonner OT Harvard they have scouted too

DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk