PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible Moss comeback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a hypothetical situation where the Pats did sign Randy Moss, they would have to cut Price. Because if he isn't better than Randy Moss at this stage of his career then there is no hope for the kid. I don't understand why they don't put him on the field. Even if he doesn't know the playbook, just send him deep every play to spread the defense out a bit. I'd rather a WR 50 yards down the field not making a catch than a WR condensing the middle of the field not making a catch.

WR tends to be a position that can't play well with a pulled hamstring....

After watching these receivers try to beat man coverage the last few weeks, I'd support looking into it.

If they think he can still play, then bring him in. I was initially opposed to signing moss, but the receiving corps clearly needs help. Though 85 and/or Price stepping could change things. But both are big ifs.

However, I'm not sure how much Moss really helps us against man coverage. He isn't a physical receiver by any means, and if he can't run anymore, he's not going to stretch the field either.

Last edited:
I hope very much he returns.

One of my favorite players of all time, and after the debacle last year, I think he realizes what he had here.

Moss is not coming back.

He's not in football shape, and hasn't played in a year. You can't just get off the couch, and go out and get hit by guys like Troy Polamalu and expect to be in one piece.

If the Patriots wanted him back, I think he would have been instead of bringing in Ochostinko. Which looking back, would have been a much better deal.

I guess we'll never really know what happen in the locker room with Moss. I get the feeling Belichick just never wants to have a repeat of it again.

Him trading Moss was a message to the team as well. It sorta defeats Belichick's hard ass personality if he allows him back. Won't happen.

Moss is not coming back.

He's not in football shape, and hasn't played in a year. You can't just get off the couch, and go out and get hit by guys like Troy Polamalu and expect to be in one piece.

If the Patriots wanted him back, I think he would have been instead of bringing in Ochostinko. Which looking back, would have been a much better deal.

I guess we'll never really know what happen in the locker room with Moss. I get the feeling Belichick just never wants to have a repeat of it again.

Him trading Moss was a message to the team as well. It sorta defeats Belichick's hard ass personality if he allows him back. Won't happen.

Decent analysis by a Jets fan! Congrats! :D

The Pats offense is not that bad anyways. Damn! This was the number one ranked offense for majority of the year!

Yes, there are some obvious weaknesses in the offense. Positions and needs that will need to be addressed in the off-season. You can't have it all. Tom Brady just needs to play better, and they need to establish more of a running game.

It's the defense that everyone should be concern about. Bring back Moss, add Jerry Rice, it doesn't matter. If their defense keeps getting gashed like it has been, there's no one on offense that's going to save them.

Moss with these TEs will be dope. Well except against the Jets where Cro or Revis can take him out alone, but against most teams, the offense will be much more dynamic and can have quick strikes.

BB was asked this week if there was any chance the Pats bringing Moss back. BB did not answer the question. This could mean there is a chance they are trying to work out a deal.

I'm still waiting for that long-promised Beatles reunion.

BB was asked this week if there was any chance the Pats bringing Moss back. BB did not answer the question. This could mean there is a chance they are trying to work out a deal.
Wow. This must be true because it's really unusual for Belichick to be asked a question and not give an answer. :rolleyes:

Moss with these TEs will be dope. Well except against the Jets where Cro or Revis can take him out alone, but against most teams, the offense will be much more dynamic and can have quick strikes.

Which is fine. If he's good enough to be covered by the number one corner then he should be on the team. If the corner is Revis, it opens it up for welker/branch/hernadez/gronk. If the corner is not Revis maybe makes some deep catches.

It is possible that Moss is in game shape -- he went into the offseason expecting to play so he likely worked out hard. The question is if he's kept up the training in the past 2 months or if he's just sat down. I wouldn't be suprised if a guy like Moss (or many pro athletes) keep up their shape even after they retire for a couple years as they're just used to working out daily.

On the list of things that that could mean, I'd rank "the Pats are about to re-sign Moss" pretty low.

I'm sure that if BB were asked a question about Jerry sandusky he wouldn't answer, and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't mean there is a chance he supports child molesters

Moss IS NOT COMING BACK! It is time to move on. Focus on the future and not on the past.

Why do people hate Moss so much? I have never heard more people get their panties in a bunch about a former record breaking player before.

The same people that complain about Moss threads comment in every single one.

Why do people hate Moss so much? I have never heard more people get their panties in a bunch about a former record breaking player before.

Pretty soon they will start relying on their ultimate weapon and calling anyone who wants Moss back 'Jets fans'.

Nobody hates Moss, Moss proved he had nothing left during a contract season. He had 3 chances with 3 teams, accomplished nothing with each of them.

Nobody hates Moss, Moss proved he had nothing left during a contract season. He had 3 chances with 3 teams, accomplished nothing with each of them.

Oookay but all players get old. This isn't a new phenomenon. It happened to everyone of them in every sport. There seems to be a certain amount of vitriol and satisfaction when it comes to Moss' shortcomings imo. He was a major contributor to a historic season and a great team.(tho we all wish it ended differently)

Belichick didn't answer the question, he just did this:

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Moss was doing fine with New England, went to a disaster in Minnesota, and went to a Tennessee team that was developing Britt as their 'star' of the future.

Moss' demise has been wildly overplayed. He may, or may not, be toast, but judging off that year's produciton is pretty much impossible to do.

Last edited:
Oookay but all players get old. This isn't a new phenomenon. It happened to everyone of them in every sport. There seems to be a certain amount of vitriol and satisfaction when it comes to Moss' shortcomings imo. He was a major contributor to a historic season and a great team.(tho we all wish it ended differently)

Agreed.

And there is the chance that he does have something left -- not probowl randy moss, but enough to concern a saftey and team's top 2 corner and open it up for the others -- ocho cinco and price unfortunately aren't that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes