PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible Moss comeback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss was doing fine with New England, went to a disaster in Minnesota, and went to a Tennessee team that was developing Britt as their 'star' of the future.

Moss' demise has been wildly overplayed. He may, or may not, be toast, but judging off that year's produciton is pretty much impossible to do.

He wasn't "doing fine" in New England his final year. Otherwise BB wouldn't have traded him mid-season. His play and production had fallen off a cliff. Whether that was due to declining skills or crappy attitude is irrelevant. We don't need either. Then or now.

Even worse than his decline was his effect on everyone else on the team. Brady had an inordinate number of ints trying to force the ball to Moss that year. BO'B's play calling was even more one dimensional than it is now and BB had to spend far more time than he now does with Ocho blowing sunshine up Randy's butt to keep his mind in the game. Opposing D-Coordinators figured that offense out. In the end Moss had the production of Ocho with the attitude of T.O. The sideline "conversations" between Moss and Brady that year were more frequent and more animated than the ones now with Ocho and Brady. And there were rumors of tension between Moss & Brady and the preferential treatment of Moss was setting a bad example for the team.

Last edited:
I have a feeling he will be back... my guess is that he is essentially taking the first half of the season off and will be fresh for the home stretch into the playoffs.

jim-mora.jpg

:D

I would rather have had them bring Moss back then trade for Chad O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes