PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Are You Feeling Happy or Crappy about Zappe?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you Feeling Happy or Crappy about Zappe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was I though? Nah I don’t think so. So let’s see some proof today.
Yes, Zappe was better… despite Mac getting starter reps in practice.

There are no “Zappe fanboys,” most people here calling for Zappe to start (including myself) did so because he was the next guy in the depth chart.

I literally said to start Grier or Zappe I don’t care who the coaches pick, I ended most posts for a month with the hashtag #AnyoneButMac

It had nothing to do with a love for Zappe, it was because Mac was so abominably bad it was becoming physically uncomfortable watching him start week after week. Like watching a lame horse who needed to be put out of his misery. But in your small brain that = Zappe fanboys.
He has been elevated so I guess Bb is ridiculous.
The Saints elevate Taysom Hill every week, he’s a gadget player not a QB. That’s Cunningham. But hey I guess you’re a “Cunningham fanboy” and believe he’s a future MVP.

Maybe maybe not.

I believe it. Why would it be any different now than the last few weeks.
I go to quite a few training camp practices in the offseason. One thing I found interesting was how often I saw things at practice, then later when I read what reporters wrote about specific plays that happened, how horribly wrong they were… I mean they attributed catches to the wrong receivers or completely misinterpreted what occurred. So I don’t put much faith in the media to get it right.

Jones until recently was a legit NFL QB. Zappe to date has still not shown that he is.
There are no “Zappe fanboys,” most people here calling for Zappe to start (including myself) did so because he was the next guy in the depth chart.

Watch the excuses when he loses. Or saying they knew all along he was great and BB was wrong, That’s what Zappe fanboys do. Don’t be them.

I literally said to start Grier or Zappe I don’t care who the coaches pick, I ended most posts for a month with the hashtag #AnyoneButMac
You got your wish. I’m there too now.
It had nothing to do with a love for Zappe, it was because Mac was so abominably bad it was becoming physically uncomfortable watching him start week after week. Like watching a lame horse who needed to be put out of his misery. But in your small brain that = Zappe fanboys.
Then don’t make excuses for him. The fact is 31 other teams could have had him for free and they all went lol no thanks. He sucks. Sucked during camp and in every appearance going back to the Bears game. But this time will be different you’ll see!

My annoyance with Zappe isn’t even that. It’s the fact he was drafted at all. Sam Howell was right there. How did that work out?

And Jones is done. He is no longer relevant to anything.
The Saints elevate Taysom Hill every week, he’s a gadget player not a QB. That’s Cunningham. But hey I guess you’re a “Cunningham fanboy” and believe he’s a future MVP.
1701607582795.jpeg

I go to quite a few training camp practices in the offseason. One thing I found interesting was how often I saw things at practice, then later when I read what reporters wrote about specific plays that happened, how horribly wrong they were… I mean they attributed catches to the wrong receivers or completely misinterpreted what occurred. So I don’t put much faith in the media to get it right.
I’ll take your word for it. Just repeating what he said. He also said the team didn’t look any more inspired than in previous weeks with Jones. That’s harder to believe but we’ll see I guess.

Jones until recently was a legit NFL QB. Zappe to date has still not shown that he is.
Jones was never better than the first 3/4’s of his rookie season. That’s pretty good for a rookie but bad for a veteran QB. He took a flaming nose dive this season.

Zappe is undefeated as a starter, but I agree that is way too small a sample size.
Watch the excuses when he loses. Or saying they knew all along he was great and BB was wrong, That’s what Zappe fanboys do. Don’t be them.
I don’t know what this ^ means?

I said last year when Mac got hurt he should be benched regardless of whether he is healthy. I said after Zappe went 2-0 he should continue starting, not because I knew he was the long term answer but he looked to be building confidence and getting better. Mac led the entire NFL in interceptions when he got hurt last season. He deserved benching then and I said so.
You got your wish. I’m there too now.
You must be a fanboy of someone then…
Then don’t make excuses for him. The fact is 31 other teams could have had him for free and they all went lol no thanks. He sucks. Sucked during camp and in every appearance going back to the Bears game. But this time will be different you’ll see!
Saying there’s a big difference from getting zero starter reps all week and being prepped for the gameplan isn’t an excuse… it means you don’t understand how football works. BB literally said this in his press conference a day ago.
My annoyance with Zappe isn’t even that. It’s the fact he was drafted at all. Sam Howell was right there. How did that work out?
We’ll find out when Zappe gets more starts, he had two and deserved to keep starting.

I’ll take your word for it. Just repeating what he said. He also said the team didn’t look any more inspired than in previous weeks with Jones. That’s harder to believe but we’ll see I guess.
I wonder if he stuck a thermometer up each one of their butts to take their temperature?

Some are not cut out for pro football. It's not for everyone.
What’s so exciting about today is Zappe playing well, helping us get the victory, and the other teams thinking Why didn’t we take this cat off the waivers? We’re dumb.

Mac was so abominably bad it was becoming physically uncomfortable watching him start week after week.
You were throwing up too?

Right on the money. And it was the same with Jones. I don’t know of any fan boys of Jones here, but there was a good contingent of those who wanted to see if he could actually play with O’Brien. Jones proved beyond any shadow of a doubt that he couldn’t, so now, much like Jones we are stuck with Zappe. I honestly don’t care who they play, I only want the highest draft pick possible, as I don’t want them to have to pay to move up for the QB they want.

Right on the money. And it was the same with Jones. I don’t know of any fan boys of Jones here, but there was a good contingent of those who wanted to see if he could actually play with O’Brien. Jones proved beyond any shadow of a doubt that he couldn’t, so now, much like Jones we are stuck with Zappe. I honestly don’t care who they play, I only want the highest draft pick possible, as I don’t want them to have to pay to move up for the QB they want.
Zappe could suck, he could become a good backup, he could become the next Drew Brees... nobody knows.

What little I've seen of him, the kid seems to have a chip on his shoulder (small stature, small school) and takes his job seriously.

He has a nice arm, moves well in the pocket, runs a clean operation. He has to better understand the importance of not turning it over.

I want to see the kid succeed, I don't give a rat's azz about a draft pick. I'd take a great QB over a high draft pick all day/every day.

Zappe could suck, he could become a good backup, he could become the next Drew Brees... nobody knows.

What little I've seen of him, the kid seems to have a chip on his shoulder (small stature, small school) and takes his job seriously.

He has a nice arm, moves well in the pocket, runs a clean operation. He has to better understand the importance of not turning it over.

I want to see the kid succeed, I don't give a rat's azz about a draft pick. I'd take a great QB over a high draft pick all day/every day.
More than anything playing a different QB may result in pass plays actually being run as designed and the right receivers being targeted, so you can gauge the other 10 players on offense properly.

I just want a great QB, I don’t care how they get it. I didn’t believe in what I saw from Zappe last season, and I think he’s looked worse in the time he’s had this season. I don’t want Mac Jones back, I have seen enough. and I don’t believe Zappe is an answer, but I’m fine with him starting the rest of the season, and if he plays well then let him compete for a spot next summer. But I don’t believe that will be the case. I think they need a new QB room next season.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back