PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Are You Feeling Happy or Crappy about Zappe?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you Feeling Happy or Crappy about Zappe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He looks less scared in the pocket. Which could be a symptom of Mac being totally broken.

But meet the new boss, same as the old boss! 0 points against the leagues worst defense.

What's going to happen vs. a good defense?

Like the Stealers' defense, in 4 days, at their place? I think even Trubisky can score at least 10 points from the turnovers we'll give him.

406493582_733217018849325_7769792058213694379_n.jpg
Zapp said ''hold my beer''

Last edited:
I mean he didnt turn the ball over, thats like a major upgrade. lol. He was fine in some area's took some bad sacks, but most young QB's do, he made some good throws, protected the ball, blah blah blah. In a city of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Like the Stealers' defense, in 4 days, at their place? I think even Trubisky can score at least 10 points from the turnovers we'll give him.

If the Steelers win, Bill's officially entered the Landry Zone.

This poll is open until March of 2024 to give people a chance to vote and to modify their choices. Well, here we go kids. Patriots get a win, Zappe throws three TDs and got a completion over 30 yards - the first of the season to "bust" Juju Smith-Schuster.

Are you happy for Zappe?

If we end up with six wins or more it's a no brainer to me to start him next year rather than spend $20+ million on Cousins while we bring along a rookie. It's ok if he's a work in progress as long as the arrow is pointed in the right direction.

I should write a book about my observations of Tom Brady prior to the Mo Lewis hit & from then on, and entitle it "I Told You So".

And I'd love to be able to write its sequel regarding Zappe.

The foreword for both will be:

You Were Totally Wrong You Idiots And You Furthermore Never Learned Anything You're Just As Stupid Today As Ever

He played good, but not enough to change my opinion tbh. The Steelers defense has consistently underperformed and they held us to zero in the second half and almost came back because our offense died out when they had a chance to ice it against a team that was anemic. That's not on Zappe, but it speaks to the limitations of this offense. Even when they get a good draw, they can't consistently maintain it. Which is still indicative of the overall problem. We don't have a QB who is worthy of being a starter and we don't have the weapons on offense to actually compete at any sort of high level in the NFL.

It's the same story we had with Mac last year tbh. Hope we can catch a team early and get some quick lead, then hope the defense can holdout because we can't win from behind and we can't be clutch when it matters and the pressure is on.

I should write a book about my observations of Tom Brady prior to the Mo Lewis hit & from then on, and entitle it "I Told You So".

And I'd love to be able to write its sequel regarding Zappe.

The foreword for both will be:

You Were Totally Wrong You Idiots And You Furthermore Never Learned Anything You're Just As Stupid Today As Ever
I still can't believe BB started Mac over Zappe for the Bears game last year, giving what seems like all the 1st team practice snaps to Mac. I get why he did it, but it's like he didn't learn from riding the hot hand 20 years ago.

I still can't believe BB started Mac over Zappe for the Bears game last year, giving what seems like all the 1st team practice snaps to Mac. I get why he did it, but it's like he didn't learn from riding the hot hand 20 years ago.
Post Of The Year

We could, or should, have won ten Super Bowls.

Belichick likes to go against the grain and against conventional wisdom, and against what's obvious to everyone paying attention, and it sometimes works but often destroys momentum or any chance at winning.

It's probably the primary reason the Patriots did NOT have the greatest dynasty ever, by a long shot. He overthinks and blows it.

That said, he deserves credit for not blowing it, like keeping Brady in there. He could have been on the verge passing Shula and, more importantly, competing for a title (Zappe is better than Brock Purdy, IMHO). But he treated Jones like Montana, Brady & Unitas combined leaving the obviously better QB on the bench. Exactly how Berry treated Eason (makes me almost as sick as having to look at the flying elvis).

I can name five dynasties right off the top of my head that were way better than the Patriots'.

I can name five dynasties right off the top of my head that were way better than the Patriots'.
Depends what we mean by dynasty. If we're talking only championships then the Patriots have won 3 in 4 years and then 3 in 5 years... a few other teams have had dynasties like that. But if we mean 2001-2018 then ours is the only team that has sustained excellence that lasted that long.

Depends what we mean by dynasty. If we're talking only championships then the Patriots have won 3 in 4 years and then 3 in 5 years... a few other teams have had dynasties like that. But if we mean 2001-2018 then ours is the only team that has sustained excellence that lasted that long.
Yeah, longevity. But we only won consecutive titles once. We're up there, but not Celtics/Yankees/Canadiens

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST