PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff Scenario Shaping Up Nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be honest, also, do we really think Houston would be a cakewalk? not I. with the Pats tendency to BEAT reserve QBs ,i would be nervous.

Fixed it. I am not nervous.

So assuming Pitt beats Denver, they are coming to Foxboro unless Cincy wins right guys?

I thought somehow Pitt was gonna go play Balt in round 2?

Correct on both questions.

My guess is that Pitt will be an 8 point favorite over Denver and Houston will be favored by 3 over the Bengals. Denver may be the worst playoff team I can remember. Would certainly prefer to play Cincy then the survivor of the Baltimore/Pitt slugfest in the AFCCG. Really liked what I saw with the run game today (both offense and defense) and I see that as a key for our chances.

houston will beat cincy. AJ is healthy again and the Arian Foster/Ben Tate backfield should be enough to get past what seems to be to be a fairly weak #6 seed.

I don't agree. Cincy has played relatively decently. IMHO more deserving of a playoff spot than Tenn or Oakland or NYJ (they deserve it more than Denver too, however, someone had to win the AFCW). A quick look at their stats (through 15 games) says Cincy is #8 in points and #7 in points allowed. Statistically they are relatively close to being what you would expect from a #6.

While I don't expect them to beat Hou, Hou appears to be vulnerable (though appearances can be deceiving).

Cinci generally plays good enough to be in games against tough/physical teams and they had one of the better run defenses all season, albeit lit up by Ray Rice today(lot of it came on two runs). That could help against Houston/TJ Yates/Arian Foster.

Game planning over next two weeks will probably be for Cinci/Pitt, as I see Denver having zero chance of winning and they recently played them.

cincy didn't beat anyone this year fyi. they got swept by pitt and bmore, and won against a smorgasboard of non-playoff teams.

Well, they beat the Bills early in the year. How'd the Pats first game against the Bills go?

I realize it's the easiest thing in the world to bash Cincy, but at some point reality has got to intrude. Two winning seasons in three years, swept the AFC North two years ago, made the playoffs two out of three years in the roughest division in the NFL = Bungles.

:rolleyes:

The Bengals should beat Houston next week. If they do, and if they do indeed come to Foxboro, it'll be nice to be able to go to a local Bengals playoff game. Never thought I'd write those words, believe me. I'd fully expect New England to put a hurting on them if it happens, but it'd be fun regardless.

#1: Patriots
#2: Ravens
#3: Texans
#4: Denver/Oakland (likely to be Denver).
#5: Pittsburgh
#6: Cinncinnati
Assuming the Bengals get the job done next week this is pretty good. Denver is going to get destroyed, which means hopefully the Ravens and Steelers tear at each other in the divisional game. I'm just wary of having the reward for #1 seed being games against the Steelers AND Ravens before even looking in the general direction of Indy. Bad division winners really mess up the seeding.

Assuming the Bengals get the job done next week this is pretty good. Denver is going to get destroyed, which means hopefully the Ravens and Steelers tear at each other in the divisional game. I'm just wary of having the reward for #1 seed being games against the Steelers AND Ravens before even looking in the general direction of Indy. Bad division winners really mess up the seeding.

well lets hope the bengals win next week. should be a toss up

yeah i actually just logged on to say that the playoff scenario looks balls to the wall tough. it seems pretty clear that the AFC is a three way race with Pitt, Baltimore, and NE....by virtue of the seeding, its hardest for NE, as they will have to play both of those extraordinarily physical teams in back to back weeks for a trip to the SB.

if they get there this year, they will have to earn it and the D better strap the f up.

No, we have it the easiest because we play them at home IF they make it that far.

Do not underestimate Cincy. They have a really tough defense. The majority of their losses to Pitt and Baltimore were very close. Not to mention, AJ Green would have a record day against our defense

Last edited:
Go Denver, and Go Bengals.

I'm rooting for the Bengals next week, but I think it will be tough for them to win. They are horrible against teams with winning records. Also, Bengals lost at home vs Houston with Yates playing qb 3 weeks ago.

The only thing we know for certain is that Pittsburgh will bring Denver to its knees and then deny them a reach around.....that one might as well be in the books already

Last edited:
You should cheering for Houston and the Denver Tebows. Brady vs. Tebow II in the divisional round... you know you want to see it

If you're gonna be the best you have to beat the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes