PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff Scenario Shaping Up Nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.
SD beating Oakland is good on two counts:

1. Helps our 2nd round pick significantly :)

2. Puts Cincy @ Houston and I believe Cincy can win that game and thus send the Bengals to Foxboro :)

SD beating Oakland is good on two counts:

1. Helps our 2nd round pick significantly :)

2. Puts Cincy @ Houston and I believe Cincy can win that game and thus send the Bengals to Foxboro :)

This is a good scenario.

This is a good scenario.

Absolutely. Cincy coming into foxboro would be ideal. Would also mean a likely Balt/Pitt matchup where they can beat the piss out of each other.

Absolutely. Cincy coming into foxboro would be ideal. Would also mean a likely Balt/Pitt matchup where they can beat the piss out of each other.

This is a very realistic scenario. Cincy is playing well with Dalton and their defense has been playing well also. No doubt in my mind that Cincy can go in to Houston and beat TJ Yates.

That would be quite a treat for us for that first game at Foxboro and as mentioned. Balt/Pitt can beat the bag out of each other.

We are home until we are beaten or head out to Indy, so send whoever you want, we will be ready to play.
I don't care what happens in next weeks games.

I hear the 'whatever happens happens, just bring it on'. However, we have the chance to play (let's see if I can get this right): Cincy, Den or Pitt. It's not such a bad thing to want Den or Cincy versus playing, arguably, the best team in the AFC is it? (not to say Pitt is the best team but they arguably are).

I hear the 'whatever happens happens, just bring it on'. However, we have the chance to play (let's see if I can get this right): Cincy, Den or Pitt. It's not such a bad thing to want Den or Cincy versus playing, arguably, the best team in the AFC is it? (not to say Pitt is the best team but they arguably are).

I really am not worried about Pittsburgh coming here. I understand the thinking that they are a better team than the other 2, but getting the HFA is what the reg season is all about, and we should be ready to take on whoever shows up.
There is at least an equal argument that beating the best to get to the SB helps you win it as there is that getting a cakewalk there does.

Another year, another dreadful AFC West team ruining the seeding. I wish they would just go to record for seeding, with the division winners being guaranteed a wild card appearance rather than ranking above a much better team.

Last edited:
If Pitt and Houston win, it would be
Pitt (5) at NE (1)
Hou (3) at Bmore (2)

Not the other way around.

yeah i actually just logged on to say that the playoff scenario looks balls to the wall tough. it seems pretty clear that the AFC is a three way race with Pitt, Baltimore, and NE....by virtue of the seeding, its hardest for NE, as they will have to play both of those extraordinarily physical teams in back to back weeks for a trip to the SB.

if they get there this year, they will have to earn it and the D better strap the f up.

i'm guessing cincy will be favored over houston and come to foxboro in 2 weeks

yeah i actually just logged on to say that the playoff scenario looks balls to the wall tough. it seems pretty clear that the AFC is a three way race with Pitt, Baltimore, and NE....by virtue of the seeding, its hardest for NE, as they will have to play both of those extraordinarily physical teams in back to back weeks for a trip to the SB.

if they get there this year, they will have to earn it and the D better strap the f up.

Go Bungles!!!!

I stand corrected.. They just said that, due to the Denver loss, the Bungles.. errr. Bengles are in as the 6th seed.

houston will beat cincy. AJ is healthy again and the Arian Foster/Ben Tate backfield should be enough to get past what seems to be to be a fairly weak #6 seed.

Well the Browns did their job, they made Ben play a full game.

Now we're either going to get Cincy, Denver, or Pitt with Ben most likely hobbled after playing yet another game on that bad ankle. Looks good for the 2nd round, unless we really lay a stinker.

#1: Patriots
#2: Ravens
#3: Texans
#4: Denver/Oakland (likely to be Denver).
#5: Pittsburgh
#6: Cinncinnati

God the AFC West SUCKS

to be honest, also, do we really think Houston would be a cakewalk? not I. with the Pats tendency to make reserve QBs look like peyton manning, i would be nervous.

cincy didn't beat anyone this year fyi. they got swept by pitt and bmore, and won against a smorgasboard of non-playoff teams.

So assuming Pitt beats Denver, they are coming to Foxboro unless Cincy wins right guys?

I thought somehow Pitt was gonna go play Balt in round 2?

Last edited:
i think pitt will destroy tebow... so i guess we should hope for cincy.. so we have a choice of den, pitt or cincy coming to gillette on jan 14th... i take cincy out that bunch

So assuming Pitt beats Denver, they are coming to Foxboro unless Cincy wins right guys?

I thought somehow Pitt was gonna go play Balt in round 2?

Pitt will play baltimore if cincy beats houston...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots