PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff Scenario Shaping Up Nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't the teams who had worse records than us and havent won 8 in a row have any flaws?

Yes. There is an argument to be made, due to their weaknesses, that Pitt or Balt or Hou will lose. However, their weaknesses don't necessarily mean the Patriots as the logical AFC SB representative. I go back to the point in my last post -- given our recent repeated performances in the first halves against lesser opponents, I don't think anyone can be called unreasonable for believing there is a stark uncertainty regarding how successful the Patriots will be against the AFC's top caliber opponents.

Trent Dilfer on ESPN's SportsCenter: "I can't see the Patriots making the Super Bowl."

That's where I stopped reading. :rolleyes:

I will LMAO if Tebow knocks the Steelers out. Every playoffs have its "shockers," and I know this year won't be any different. It could be Pats vs. Texans in the AFC championship game or Giants vs. Saints in the NFC.

Funny.....I remember people saying the same thing about the Seahawks 2 years ago after they got in by winning the division at 7-9...all they did was beat the defending champion Saints with Charlie Whitehurst at QB.
Charlie Whitehurst at quarterback, huh?

NFL Game Center: New Orleans Saints at Seattle Seahawks - 2010 Wild Card Weekend

Sports revisionist history at its finest.

Don't think the Broncos will be a cupcake for Pitt.
Another Tim Tebow ballwasher brainwashed by the national sports media.

Last edited:
Green Bay is playing in the time slot where big upsets have happened in 5 of the 6 last six seasons. They're a decent candidate...

So if Baltimore plays Houston and New England, they will be playing the best?

And if we play Pittsburgh and Baltmore, then they will be the best?

If you're gonna be the best you have to beat the best.

Last edited:
I live in Seattle, and I've never, ever seen Matt Hasselbeck play as well as he did in that game. Truly awesome performance.
Matt Hasselbeck quarterbacked the Seattle Seahawks to the Super Bowl during the 2005 NFL season. Charlie Whitehurst has never won a playoff game. Big difference in talent and playoff experience.

To beat the steelers you have to throw the football.You cannot run on the steelers .Guess what the broncos cannot do on offense -throw.

Hopefully the Pats play at least the Steelers or Ravens to the SB, so the experts don't call them "lucky"

why is no one talking about the packers D and everyone is talking about the pats D?

however, someone had to win the AFCW).

It is absolutely amazing that philip Rivers and the SD chargers did not run away with that pitiful division.. Its a great mystery to me.. There coaching must be abysmal.

Not for nothing but I suspect we'll be playing the Steelers. No chance Tebow goes into Pitt and upsets them. They have run out of gimmicks and back into the playoffs despite 3 recent losses which proves my point. Could see Houston losing to Cincy though and I believe that would bring Cincy to town.

I have NO PROBLEM with that.

Because they want to discredit the Pats as SB contenders and anoint the Ravens/Steelers.

The national media is full of Hatriots.. I am use to it.. ESPN is a joke a lot of the time.. especially when Patriot high lights are shown.. its like they just want to skip over them or move on quickly.. I notice the Pats are under a lot of scrutiny for a 13-3 team.. I think the scrutiny is similar to a particular Colts year when they had the worst run defense in the league.. But there was a difference because they actually wanted the Colts to win, while they cant wait to see us lose. Its almost comical to me now.

Not for nothing but I suspect we'll be playing the Steelers. No chance Tebow goes into Pitt and upsets them. They have run out of gimmicks and back into the playoffs despite 3 recent losses which proves my point. Could see Houston losing to Cincy though and I believe that would bring Cincy to town.

I have NO PROBLEM with that.

Pitt is going to Denver.. Pitt has the better record but they are the wild card.

It is absolutely amazing that philip Rivers and the SD chargers did not run away with that pitiful division.. Its a great mystery to me.. There coaching must be abysmal.
Norv Turner may get the axe as early as tomorrow.

Pitt is going to Denver.. Pitt has the better record but they are the wild card.
The last time Pittsburgh Steelers traveled to Denver in the AFC Playoffs, the Pittsburgh Steelers beat a much better Denver Broncos team during the 2005 season than the 2011 over-hyped version.

Correct.... my bad.

Still. I think my point remains. The gimmicks of Denver's offense have officially run it's course. I think a "flawed" Pittsburgh team rolls on them, even in Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back