PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff Scenario Shaping Up Nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh tony dungy is so dumb. they asked him and rodney about super bowl picks. Rodney picks the pats from the AFC and immediately tony questions the D of the pats. They ask about the NFC and Tony immediately goes to the Packers who are now the worst D in the league. :rolleyes: (rodney picked the saints)

Mendenhall is out next week maybe longer. Ben is obviously hobbled. Steelers looking very vulnerable right now.

We should not lose to any of these teams of the potential round 2 matchups, another one and done you'd have to be very worried about this team.

Last edited:
Trent Dilfer on ESPN's SportsCenter: "I can't see the Patriots making the Super Bowl."

Trent Dilfer on ESPN's SportsCenter: "I can't see the Patriots making the Super Bowl."

this would be bulletin board material but i don't think anyone cares what trent thinks.

Like it or not, there is a solid argument to make regarding the Patriots not making the SB. Four weeks in a row low NFL caliber teams have bullied the Patriots around in the first halves. Adjustments to the defense and offense along with the plethora of weapons on the O made come back victories possible. With that said, it is valid to ask, 'what if the Patriots go way down to Pitt, Balt, Hou?'. Conventional wisdom says if the Patriots perform in the first half the way they have been performing in the first halves, a comeback against a top team will be very difficult.

The good news is the Patriots have shown they can win anywhere against anyone. Since all games go through NE, it is also a valid argument to say the Patriots will reach the SB.

ugh tony dungy is so dumb. they asked him and rodney about super bowl picks. Rodney picks the pats from the AFC and immediately tony questions the D of the pats. They ask about the NFC and Tony immediately goes to the Packers who are now the worst D in the league. :rolleyes: (rodney picked the saints)

You can't really expect anything else. This has been happening all year with them questioning the pats and drooling over the pack.

Every qb throws for 350 yards and 3 tds. If the pats keep up maybe something can happen

on a side note: WE NEED SOME OF THAT GOOD OLD NEW ENGLAND SNOW IF THE PATS WANT A BETTER CHANCE!!

Last edited:
The post season is all about matchups... The Patriots have some vulnerabilities and the fact is that some teams can exploit that better than others. We've seen that a few times in the recent past and we may be better off playing some teams rather than others.

That being said, they have to play the teams they have to play and any team that can score 49 unanswered points has a chance of beating anyone

They just showed the playoff schedule on NBC. The pats have the Saturday night game divisional round. Does anybody have a link to the rest of the sched thats about all I caught

I have this hunch that the Steelers are going to lose in a shocker to Denver

And I think that means we will see the Bengals or Broncos coming to Gillette

That would be the easiest possible scenario which would guarantee a Rookie QB up against Brady or a QB that can't pass consistently.

Last edited:
Like it or not, there is a solid argument to make regarding the Patriots not making the SB. Four weeks in a row low NFL caliber teams have bullied the Patriots around in the first halves. Adjustments to the defense and offense along with the plethora of weapons on the O made come back victories possible. With that said, it is valid to ask, 'what if the Patriots go way down to Pitt, Balt, Hou?'. Conventional wisdom says if the Patriots perform in the first half the way they have been performing in the first halves, a comeback against a top team will be very difficult.

The good news is the Patriots have shown they can win anywhere against anyone. Since all games go through NE, it is also a valid argument to say the Patriots will reach the SB.

Don't the teams who had worse records than us and havent won 8 in a row have any flaws?

Umm.. Houston is the higher seed over Pitt. If Pitt and Houston both won, the Pats would be playing Pitt, not Houston..

Also, I doubt that Houston will be heavily favored. A lot will depend on the health of TJ Yates.

I bet not too many people would have even considered that line at the start of the season!

Hopefully we play Cincy or Denver, but if we do play Pittsburgh, the silver lining is that Pittsburgh would be playing on a short week since their game vs Denver is on Sunday and the game vs us in on Saturday.

But let's hope for Cincy or Denver.

The Denver Broncos are frauds.

Funny.....I remember people saying the same thing about the Seahawks 2 years ago after they got in by winning the division at 7-9...all they did was beat the defending champion Saints with Charlie Whitehurst at QB.

Don't think the Broncos will be a cupcake for Pitt.

True, but the Steelers haven't been impressive lately either. They struggled to beat the BROWNS twice now. Broncos just need to keep it low scoring and hope there is some Tebow magic left over.

Also losing Mendenhall will hurt the Steelers too

Last edited:
Broncos just need to keep it low scoring and hope there is some Tebow magic left over.
Where was the fraudulent "Tebow Time" in the last three games?

Funny.....I remember people saying the same thing about the Seahawks 2 years ago after they got in by winning the division at 7-9...all they did was beat the defending champion Saints with Charlie Whitehurst at QB.

The Denver Broncos will be lucky to score more than 3 points against the Steelers. Just ask the Chiefs defense.

Very good point. The Steelers could be upset, which would qualify as a shocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back