PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players to Watch at Combine

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Crick's first year after Suh left was nearly identical to when Suh was there. He struggled last year but he was playing through injury and then had to forfeit the season due to a pectoral tear. This guy was a 1st rounder before his injury. A good combine and pro day could put him back up there. We'll see.

I also prefer him to Fletcher Cox.

Brockers
Cox
Hightower
Sanu
Minnifield
Charles
McClellin
Iloka
Johnson (Trumaine)
Johnson (Cam)
Norman
Fleming
Brewster
Adams (Joe)
Harkey
Jackson (Janzen)
Egnew
Jones (Marvin)
Hicks
Ballard
Mcnutt
Wright (Jarius)
Acho
Taylor (Brandon)
Wylie
Robertson (Travian)
Childs
Oglesby
Howell
Hamilton (Dom)
Edwards (Patrick)

Well nobody will be watching Trent Richardson. Just heard on PTI he will miss the combine due to minor knee surgery.

Kirkpatrick, Barron and now Richardson all with minor things that could cause them to fall. Coincidence or diabolical plan by BB executed by Saban and his players so we get some Tide on our team? Hmmmm. Ok it probably a coincidence but still.

Any DE/OLB Pass rusher
Jared crick
T.y. Hilton
Tavon Austin

I forgot to add

Trumaine Johnson and George Iloca

Guys I like who I want to watch closely and think the Pats should/could reach for or get with their respected picks;

WR; Sanu, Criner, Toon, Randle, Hill, Jones

Safety; Smith, Iloka, Martin

DL; Cox, Crick, Mercilus, Curry, Winn

OLB/DL; Ingram/Upshaw

LB; Hightower

CB; Dennard, Gilmore, Minnifield, Trumaine Johnson, Norman

Guards; Osemele, Zeitler. I like Nix out of Pitt. as a late round prospect.

Center; Jones, Brewster, Molk.

My #1 WR binky Stephen Hill.

It Is What It Is » Stephen Hill doesn’t have the body of work, but has the body and mindset Patriots need at wide receiver

Hill, who measured in Friday at 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds, brings alot to the table. He also has outstanding speed, as he’s hoping for a time in the low 4.4′s or 4.3 range in the 40-yard-dash. In the past, he’s been timed as low as 4.30. He’s a big receiver, but he hopes to be quick and nimble at the next level.

Big potential here.

Last edited:
I think Wright was used more as a 3rd down penetrator and I hear Thompson isnt so passrushy. He even gets taken out on passplays sometimes.

Yes, Thompson is a nose guard, not a 3-tech. He's at his best defending the run, but he's not a sack artist. He can push the pocket with his strength, but you don't want to play him as your 3-tech. He had to stay on the field a lot this year because Clemson seriously lacked depth up front. The starters got rarely spelled compared to 2009 or 2010 when Clemson was two deep at defensive end and tackle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference