PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players Moving Up In The Top 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
At this time of year, there are always a few players moving up on the mock boards. Often they are players that we are interested in. I see the following players as movers in the past couple of weeks.

QB PONDER, DALTON, KAEPERNICK
OT GILBERT, FRANKLIN all into the early to mid second)
DE HEYWARD (17 is seeming more reasonable as an option with Wilkerson as the other choice)
DT AUSTIN (Mayock has him as a first rounder)
LB BAILEY
OG RACKLEY
CB DOWLING (many of us wanted him as a safety)
OC FUSCO (should be gone by the end of the 3rd, so not really a top 75 as the title says)
TE KYLE (could sneak into the first or early second)

Last edited:
Prospect stock watch | National Football Post

Moving on up…
DE Robert Quinn: North Carolina
After running in the high 4.5 range at his pro day, Quinn’s stock -- from what I am hearing -- is at an all-time high. He’s healthy, seems to have put his past behind him and possesses the type of athleticism to get looks in both a 34 and 43 front. He exhibits an impressive combination of athleticism, length and flexibility, and at this stage in my mind is the draft’s premier pass rusher.

OT Tyron Smith: Southern CalNot only did Smith prove he’s one of the best offensive tackle athletes to come along in years, but he possesses the ideal frame for the position as well. He’s got long arms, has bulked up to 310 pounds and looked very smooth and balanced working from the left side during the USC pro day. There isn’t much this guy can’t do and now looks like a potential top-10 pick with Pro Bowl-type upside.

DL Muhammad Wilkerson: Temple What you get in Wilkerson is an athletic 6-4, 315-pound lineman who can run, possesses some natural power at the point of attack and still has a lot of upside to his game. He’s the one really hot name in the back end of the first round right now because of that upside and his overall scheme versatility. Me personally, I don’t think he’s nearly the 1st round-type prospect he’s being made out to be because he’s still very raw. Nevertheless, there is definitely a first-round buzz surrounding his name.

DB Marcus Gilchrist: ClemsonGilchrist is one of the hotter names at the defensive back position right now for two reasons. One, he’s versatile. He can play corner, safety, in the slot and on special teams. Two, he’s one of the few potential safety prospects in the class that can actually run and cover ground in the deep half. I like his potential as a nickel guy inside at the next level, but can also see him playing in space as a centerfield type as well. Doesn’t do anything great, but he does everything well enough to come off the board in the third round range.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes