PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Play-Off Seeds and projections for AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, but I don't think the Chief's beating the Jets in KC would be a huge upset, I think the Chief's would be favored.
Yes, I agree.

I don't see the Jets beating the Chiefs, especially in KC.

so no matter whats happens, we are bound to pay the Jets, Colts, or Ravens, there no chance of us playing the Cheifs, until AFC Championship

The Jets as the 6th seed can upset the Chiefs and come to Foxboro. If the Steelers are the 6th seed, they can upset KC and come to the Razor. If the Jets or whoever is the 6th seed loses at KC, then the winner of Ravens/Colts will come to the Razor.

Of the four teams in the first round, the Ravens scare me the most. I will cringe,cry, curl up into a ball if they get eliminated by Baltimore two years in a row at Foxboro.

You cry too easily

Try to think positive thoughts. The loser mentality fits better with Sox fans.

You cry too easily

Try to think positive thoughts. The loser mentality fits better with Sox fans.

Not saying this is what I want, but this is MY worst case scenario (living in Maryland).

I do love that they have the inside track to the SB -- they have made it every time being the #1 seed under Brady/Belichick. Also don't want to get too confident like some tubby coach did on the MNF bus.

Wild card round of KC vs Jets and Indy vs Ravens equals(IMHO):

(Weekend of the 15th)
Ideal = Patriots vs Jets
Likely = Patriots vs Ravens (Pitt vs KC)

(Weekend of the 22nd)
Ideal = Patriots vs Pitt
Likely (IMHO) = Patriots vs Pitt

(Sunday the 6th)
Watching the Patriots win the Super Bowl from a cabin in West Yellowstone MT

1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Chiefs
4. Colts
5. Ravens
6. Jets

Jets @ Chiefs
Ravens @ Colts

Most likely.

If this is the case, and I agree it most likely is, then just pencil in the Patriots for the Saturday night game on January 15th. Pats vs Baltimore, Indy, or NY would be huge ratings.

Baltimore could still get the #2 seed if Pitt loses to Cleveland and Balt. beats the Bungles.

Baltimore could still get the #2 seed if Pitt loses to Cleveland and Balt. beats the Bungles.

Yeah this is the major pivotal game(s) next week. Pittsburgh could finish as high as 2 and as low as 6.

For the people who want to avoid Baltimore, that likely Balti @ Indy matchup on wild card weekend has to be looking pretty good to y'all as Manning has owned the Ravens historically.

If this is the case, and I agree it most likely is, then just pencil in the Patriots for the Saturday night game on January 15th. Pats vs Baltimore, Indy, or NY would be huge ratings.

the pats will not be the sat night game.. fox has it this year... count on the sunday jan 16th at 430 indy vs pats...

Yes, I agree.

I don't see the Jets beating the Chiefs, especially in KC.

i don't know about that... i think the jets as a team are built to beat teams like kansas. Revis is there to take away Bowe and Ryan believes his scheme can take away the run.

now i am not saying that the chiefs aren't a good team and won't win. Just that the jets actually match up not to badly against the Chiefs

I am just glad that the Chargers ..didnt make it ....The Patriots do not match up well with them..... Thanks Norv Turner :)

i think it really was Vincent Jackson's holdout that caused them to miss the playoffs. They would have won at least 1-2 of their losses with him.

With two games left, here are my (and hopefully) reasonable seeds for the AFC playoffs:

1) Pats -- AFC East
2) Steelers -- AFC North
3) Kansas City Chiefs or the Chargers
4) Colts
5) Baltimore
6) Jets

If the above holds, the Jets travel to play the Chiefs or the Chargers and the Colts take on the Ravens. If the Jets win, in the Division round, I am assuming as the lowest surviving seed, they will then visit Foxboro. Something to look forward to. If the Jets lose, then NE gets the winner of the Ravens-Colts game.

What matchup are you looking forward to?

This seeding may not hold up next week. the colts should win their game against Tenn and Kansas City could lose to Oakland....that would mean the following since Indy holds the tie breaker (head to head) over KC:

1. Pats
2. Pitt
3. Indy
4. Kansas City
5. Balt
6. Jets

round 1:

Jets at Indy - Indy wins

Balt at Kansas City - Balt wins

round 2:

balt at NE

Indy at Pitt

So the Chargers failed. I don't think Jacksonville takes out Indy because hey, they're Jacksonville. So we'll have beaten 4 of the 5 other play-off teams already. The only team we haven't is the Chiefs.

If I'm wrong about Jacksonville, I would be ecstatic to get a play-off game against those over-rated frauds somehow.

Last edited:
Just my two cents:

I would rather put the game in the hands of our offense (playing a strong defense aka Jets/Ravens) than in the hands of our defense (playing a strong offense aka Colts).

Steelers present both, which is why they scare me the most.

Last edited:
What are people talking about?
If they beat Cincy at home, and Pitt wins in Cleveland, it's impossible for us to get the Ravens in the second round, cause we get the team with the lowest record, and their record will be the highest of the wild card round teams.

This seeding may not hold up next week. the colts should win their game against Tenn and Kansas City could lose to Oakland....that would mean the following since Indy holds the tie breaker (head to head) over KC:

1. Pats
2. Pitt
3. Indy
4. Kansas City
5. Balt
6. Jets

round 1:

Jets at Indy - Indy wins

Balt at Kansas City - Balt wins

round 2:

balt at NE

Indy at Pitt

I was wrong in my previous post.

Last edited:
You guys are aware the Chiefs are 7-0 at home right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST