PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Play-Off Seeds and projections for AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought people learned their lesson about rooting for the Jest when the prospect of the Pats losing to GB surfaced last night. Guess not...:rolleyes:

REAL PATS FANS DO NOT ROOT FOR THE JEST

AFC

Patriots (12-2) - clinched playoff spot
at Bills, vs Dolphins
Clinch AFCE, #1 seed, & 1st round bye with either a win, or a loss by Jets
AFCE winner (Pats or Jets) will have a 1st round bye

Steelers (10-4) - clinched playoff spot
vs Panthers, at Browns
Clinch AFCN & bye with two wins, or a win & a Ravens loss

Ravens (10-4)
at Browns, vs Bengals
Clinch playoff spot with a win
Loses tiebreaker to Steelers

Jets (10-4)
at Bears, vs Bills
Clinch a playoff spot with a win, or a Jaguars loss, or a Colts loss

Chiefs (9-5)
vs Titans, vs Raiders
Clinch AFCW with a win and a SD loss
Lose tiebreaker for bye to the Steelers
Cannot be a wildcard team

Chargers (8-6)
At Bengals, at Broncos
Eliminated with both a loss & a Chiefs win

Raiders (7-7)
vs Colts, at Chiefs
Eliminated with either a loss, or a Chiefs win
Cannot get a wildcard spot

Colts (8-6)
at Raiders, vs Titans
Colts win common opponents tiebreaker over Jags
There is a 19-game scenario where the Colts can still get the #2 seed

Jaguars (8-6)
vs Redskins, at Texans
Must win one more game than Colts to win AFCS, or beat Texans while Colts lose to Titans in order to win a tiebreaker (division record)

Titans (6-8)
at Chiefs, at Colts
Must go 2-0 while Colts and Jags both go 0-2. If that happens Titans win AFCS based on common opponents.
Cannot get a wildcard spot

Dolphins, Bills, Texans, Browns, Bengals and Broncos are eliminated.

Last edited:
In 2008, and I never felt more dirty for doing it. I swore off it and I'll never do it again. I stand by my statement.

If we ever get another 2008 situation I will root for them again. Nothing this year has made me even remotely consider rooting for them.

If we ever get another 2008 situation I will root for them again. Nothing this year has made me even remotely consider rooting for them.

I won't root for them. I won't be upset if they win in that situation, should it arise again, but you'll never catch me cheering them on. Won't happen.

I rooted for them when they played the colts last year and the stealers this week. Can't root for the stealers.

Jets are a plucky team. If I thought they could actually win, well I wouldn't like it. Rooting for them doesn't help or hurt them though. Technically.

I see your points and love your attitude but you are nuts not worrying about playing Manning with our young defense. We can put up points but Manning can't?

I'd take Steelers, Jets and Ravens before Colts. I hope Colts and Ravens get knocked out.

I'll take the Colts all day every day @ home in January. Bring on that dome team to the snowy,freezing Razor. Yes Peyton can score. But Brady would rip that defense into shreds the 2nd time around. NE in January Peyton's worst nightmare. I'll love to issue another beat down to the Jets as well.

I'll take the Colts all day every day @ home in January. Bring on that dome team to the snowy,freezing Razor. Yes Peyton can score. But Brady would rip that defense into shreds the 2nd time around. NE in January Peyton's worst nightmare. I'll love to issue another beat down to the Jets as well.

True but there is no way I would EVER welcome someone as dangerous as Peyton Manning for a AFC East playoff game. I'd rather take a lowley Sanchez or Flacco in the snow.

It doesn't matter who comes in the door, we'll take 'em out one at a time regardless of the color of their shirts. We've proven that when well-prepared we can beat anyone in the league. That being the case, I don't care who we play as long as we're well prepared.

It doesn't matter who comes in the door, we'll take 'em out one at a time regardless of the color of their shirts. We've proven that when well-prepared we can beat anyone in the league. That being the case, I don't care who we play as long as we're well prepared.

I'm with you. I understand what others are thinking. Of course I'll love the easy route with Sanchez or Flacco. But I don't fear none of those AFC teams. There's no such thing as trying to dodge a team in the playoffs. Bring them on!

Last edited:
Im still holding out hope, that the jaguars steal the division with indy tripping up at oakland... then we play the jags....

While we're at it may as well do the NFC playoff picture too.

Falcons (12-2): vs Saints (MNF), vs Panthers
Clinched playoff spot
Clinch NFCS with either a win, or a Saints loss

Eagles (10-4): vs Vikings, vs Cowboys
Clinch NFCE with either a win or a Giants loss
Clinch bye with a win & two Bears losses

Bears (9-4): at Vikings, vs Jets, at Packers
Clinch NFCN with a win and a Packers loss

Saints (10-4): at Falcons, vs Bucs

Giants (9-5): at Packers, at Redskins
Clinch playoff berth with win at Green Bay
Clinch NFCE with two wins & 2 Eagle losses
Clinch bye with the above, plus a Bears loss

Packers (8-6): vs Giants, vs Bears
Eliminated with a loss and a Bears win

Bucs (8-6): vs Seahawks, at Saints
Eliminated with a loss
Eliminated with both a Saints win & a Giants win
Get #5 seed with two wins, two Saint losses, Giants lose at least once, and Packers lose at least once.

Rams (6-8): vs 49ers, at Seahawks
Seahawks (6-8): at Bucs, vs Rams
49ers: (5-9): at Rams, vs Cardinals
SF is eliminated with a loss

Last edited:
While we're at it may as well do the NFC playoff picture too.

Falcons (12-2): vs Saints (MNF), vs Panthers
Clinched playoff spot
Clinch NFCS with either a win, or a Saints loss

Eagles (10-4): vs Vikings, vs Cowboys
Clinch NFCE with either a win or a Giants loss
Clinch bye with a win & two Bears losses

Bears (9-4): at Vikings, vs Jets, at Packers
Clinch NFCN with a win and a Packers loss

Saints (10-4): at Falcons, vs Bucs

Giants (9-5): at Packers, at Redskins
Clinch playoff berth with win at Green Bay
Clinch NFCE with two wins & 2 Eagle losses
Clinch bye with the above, plus a Bears loss

Packers (8-6): vs Giants, vs Bears
Eliminated with a loss and a Bears win

Bucs (8-6): vs Seahawks, at Saints
Eliminated with a loss
Eliminated with both a Saints win & a Giants win
Get #5 seed with two wins, two Saint losses, Giants lose at least once, and Packers lose at least once.

Rams (6-8): vs 49ers, at Seahawks
Seahawks (6-8): at Bucs, vs Rams
49ers: (5-9): at Rams, vs Cardinals
SF is eliminated with a loss

Getting the 2 seed is huge in the NFC. Consider the Bears. You win out and get the 2 seed you avoid the Saints, Giants and Eagles coming to your building for a Wild Card game. Yeah, your probably going to see one of them the following week, but at least you have an extra week to rest up and prepare. NY, Phi and NO strike me as teams that won't need a home game to get through the NFC. The same is probably not true for the Bears.

No matter how the POs unfold. I'd prefer not to have to face the Chargers, Colts, Ravens in that order. Everyone else I am totally fine with.

Oakland beats Colts this week, Jags make the playoffs.

I think Pats play jets divisional and then steelers/ravens in AFC champ game!

It would be awesome is KC, OAK, and SD finish at 9-7 and OAK wins it to play us.

IMHO, the ONLY team that could beat the Pats in Foxboro would be San Diego, w/ Vincent Jackson in the lineup. That's it! I am not saying the WILL, and I hope they don't even make the playoffs.

If we play Ravens again, I hope to God that we lay the biggest whoopin on them to shut Terrel Suggs's ugly pie-hole up for good!

If we play Ravens again, I hope to God that we lay the biggest whoopin on them to shut Terrel Suggs's ugly pie-hole up for good!

I definitely hope so, but looking back at their last three meetings, I'd put that down as another 50/50 game too.

But somebody has to come our way, so we just gotta go with our A game and we will come through.

But until then: Go Kansa Go, and Go Jax go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back