PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Tribune takes on Senator Comcast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only when its all out in the open, will we stop being the scapegoats.

While I find it personally satisfying to hear Howie et al talk about 'everyone did it', the truth of the matter is, finding out tons of other people did steroids didn't make Barry Bonds any less of a Goat.

While I find it personally satisfying to hear Howie et al talk about 'everyone did it', the truth of the matter is, finding out tons of other people did steroids didn't make Barry Bonds any less of a Goat.

And the Mitchell Report is a bad example of "Independent Investigation". While it was independent, sure, it focused on the testimony of two New York based witnesses. Even with that fact well known, the initial response was, "Wow, look at all the New York teams' players mentioned! Those two teams must be worse than the rest!"

I'm afraid that's what would happen here too. The best leads right now point to the Patriots. What's to say a Mitchellesque investigator wouldn't end up with only that? Then how bad do we look?

His 3rd largest campain contributor is Comcast. His first is a law firm that lobbys Congress on behalf of Comcast.

He claims that he has 50,000 contributors and does not know how much they give? But he has to know who his top contributor is!! "That explaination would not fly in kindergarden"!!!

His 3rd largest campain contributor is Comcast. His first is a law firm that lobbys Congress on behalf of Comcast.

He claims that he has 50,000 contributors and does not know how much they give? But he has to know who his top contributor is!! "That explaination would not fly in kindergarden"!!!

Yes, bells rang very loudly when I heard him say that "Well I have over over 50,000 people who have donated to my campaigns, and Comcast is just one among many, it doesn't impinge on my integrity" line at his press conference in response to a question.

BS, Senator - - and very disingenuous. That answer was insulting to the public whom he expects will cloak him in their trust. I'm sure he can't pick his largest donor (in combination with its law firm) out of a lineup from the other 49,998 donors.

Crooked Liar.

Last edited:
Haha, followed by thousands of Arlen Specters rising out of the graves :D

I think brady should attach a chainsaw to his non throwing arm this season. Who wants some? Huh? Huh? You Strahan? You want a little?

Q: Why is Specter relentlessly pursuing a Spygate probe?

A: Spygate is to Specter sort of what Jodie Foster once was to a guy named John Hinckley -- an unhealthy obsession destined to end unhappily

:singing: Ha, Classic stuff. So much humor for a politics guy :singing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great link Schmessy. Thanks for posting. AWESOME!

Remember folks, this is the largest paper in Pittsburgh!!!!!!!

Think all those ranting Stiller fans are getting some "new information" when they read Mr. Heyl's column today???????? Specter took 1/3 of his presser on Wednesday to devote to pandering to the Pittsburgh fan constituency.

The tide is turning BIG on Senator Specter. It was only a matter of time before it happened.

Just as an FYI, the Post-Gazette is the more read paper in Pittsburgh, not the Tribune.

Just as an FYI, the Post-Gazette is the more read paper in Pittsburgh, not the Tribune.

Oops, mea culpa. You're right.

(Wow, I'm way faster than Tomase with my apologies/retractions - - it wasn't even that difficult).

Anyone else thinks its possible that with the trail growing cold on the pats, these wolves turn their attention to all the sordid characters involved in this (Sphincter, Walsh, Mangini, etc.)? Maybe even start sniffing around other teams that have had cheating mentioned about them during this whole fiasco?

I think some journalist out there will realize that finding dirt on the original finger pointers (JEST) and seeing they did the same things, would be an even more interesting story than the people who they pointed the fingers at, and then subsequently admitted everything.
That would probably start making the Pats look good, again.

I for one would welcome senator saggy face's "independent" investigation (whats senator Mitchell up to these days?), as long as it wasn't of just the Pats, but all teams equally. I think its a matter of time before the media gets wind of an ex-employee of another team or two, who has similar dirt.

Only, I hope that Sphincter is drummed out of office by congress, and then a real investigation is held by someone without an agenda against the Pats.

Only when its all out in the open, will we stop being the scapegoats.

Wouldn't happen because most of the national media is based out of New York. NY papers are critical of their teams but don't stab them in the back ala The Herald.

I'm just looking forward to the good senator's reasons for discontinuing his vendetta. More smoke will be blown out his *****.

And the Mitchell Report is a bad example of "Independent Investigation". While it was independent, sure, it focused on the testimony of two New York based witnesses. Even with that fact well known, the initial response was, "Wow, look at all the New York teams' players mentioned! Those two teams must be worse than the rest!"

I'm afraid that's what would happen here too. The best leads right now point to the Patriots. What's to say a Mitchellesque investigator wouldn't end up with only that? Then how bad do we look?

Um, read any posts? We have Dolphin players admitting to it in 2005. Jets admitting it "but with(out) permission" and that is just from my focus on the AFC East. Leads exists for Non-Patriot examples.

Oops, mea culpa. You're right.

(Wow, I'm way faster than Tomase with my apologies/retractions - - it wasn't even that difficult).

It's OK, although you had no sources the fear that the NY Times would scoop you must've been great. Gee, I'm surprised you survived such a horrifying experience.

I'm just looking forward to the good senator's reasons for discontinuing his vendetta. More smoke will be blown out his *****.

You'll hear nothing. He won't call a press conference to admit he was wrong.:)

Thanks for the link. Quite hilarious and sadly, true.

wish the others pick on this and expand on it more.

It's OK, although you had no sources the fear that the NY Times would scoop you must've been great. Gee, I'm surprised you survived such a horrifying experience.

I was living with a pit in my stomach the whole time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News