PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pit Stop: Bandwagon Fans Please Get Off Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree with you, Mav. In a wierd way, I think we as a fanbase sort of needed this loss to bring us back down to Earth. After last year, it seemed like winning was a foregone conclusion to us. I'm just shocked to see the amount of people who are taking this loss like their parents just died in a tragic car accident. :confused:

+1... Couldn't have said it better...

I also hope it knocks some sense into the Patriots coaching staff. The Pats faced the same play 6 times and got burned 3 times for TDs. That is something the coaching staff needs to take a long, hard look at.
I am sure it did...I would not wish to be in the locker room today with CoachB..it was a breakdown..total..and there's a lot to take a look at..but it's ONLY 1 game..

Yesterday's loss wasn't the end of the world, but it certainly was disgraceful, and I fear a sign of things to come. Win or lose, we'd come to expect smart, effortful play by the Pats, and that wasn't evident yesterday. Anytime you get beaten by more than three touchdowns by a team like the Fins, it's a bad loss and it means something.

There's a sense on this board that if one is critical of the team or any individual Patriots, one can't be a true fan, and that's just not correct. Of course the few people who are saying things about tanking the season or what have you are being extreme. But there are just as many foolish fans on this board, blind to the situation, that think the Pats can do no wrong. Yes, I do expect big things from the Patriots. If you don't go into a season hoping that your team will win the Super Bowl, then I have no idea what you're rooting for. Medicority I suppose.

As for in BB We Trust - I don't think BB even trusts himself this morning. :cool:

certainly the team deserves 2 wks of pain from BB.
but look at the many threads here, talking of tanking the season, it's ridiculous. we sound like the fans we make fun of on other teams, like how we laughed at over-reactionary jets fans last wk

remember tom jackson saying the team hated their coach after the bills loss? don't pull a tom jackson and embarrass yourself is all i'm saying.

ronnie brown is a darn good back too, so give credit and not just blame

The word bandwagon gets thrown around way, way too much on this message board.

Being a true fan doesn't mean you have to be satisfied after such a hideous loss. Some of you are overreacting just as much as the people who think that yesterday means we're the worst team in the league.
Most sensible thing anybody has said on this thread :)

:D
ten char

Thank you for that contribution to insightful intellectual discourse

I also hope it knocks some sense into the Patriots coaching staff. The Pats faced the same play 6 times and got burned 3 times for TDs. That is something the coaching staff needs to take a long, hard look at.

Actually, it's worse than that. They faced the same formation 4 times and gave up 4 TDs. :(

The word bandwagon gets thrown around way, way too much on this message board.

Being a true fan doesn't mean you have to be satisfied after such a hideous loss. Some of you are overreacting just as much as the people who think that yesterday means we're the worst team in the league.

:agree:

10 chars

This is the time that we find out who the real fans are. I suggest to those of us who can't stand the bandwagoneers that we write down the usernames of all the "Cassel sucks!" "Go out and get Garcia!" "Brady wouldn't have lost that game" "We're done, the season is over" people so that you know who the real fans are. Criticism is one thing, but flippin out and blaming Cassel when it's not (all) his fault is another. I'm not sayin Cassel played gangbusters yesterday, but seriously people he wasn't on the O-Line, and he didn't let Ronnie Brown (Berman: WHAT?!?!) run wild on us.

This is the time that we find out who the real fans are. I suggest to those of us who can't stand the bandwagoneers that we write down the usernames of all the "Cassel sucks!" "Go out and get Garcia!" "Brady wouldn't have lost that game" "We're done, the season is over" people so that you know who the real fans are. Criticism is one thing, but flippin out and blaming Cassel when it's not (all) his fault is another. I'm not sayin Cassel played gangbusters yesterday, but seriously people he wasn't on the O-Line, and he didn't let Ronnie Brown (Berman: WHAT?!?!) run wild on us.

No need. NovaScotiaPatsFan, we all know you are the truest of true fan. No one is more worthy of being called a true fan except for ya;)

Ellis Hobbs and likely other players now think Pats fans are a bunch of spoiled brats who don't have their home team's back when the going isn't well.

Ellis Hobbs and likely other players now think Pats fans are a bunch of spoiled brats who don't have their home team's back when the going isn't well.

People didnt boo because we lost. Loses are to be expected. What people were booing about was the lack of effort, passion on the side of the pats players in this game. At times it seemed like they were doing a walkthrough practice, like they couldn't care less. Our DL being pushed around by scrubs. IF they gave it their all and lost then you stand up and you applaud them for giving it their all. They just didnt.

Lets not confuse the two and stop with this real fans crapola.

Last edited:
I came to the site yesterday and read all of the thread titles and then left without reading a single thread because of the over-reaction.

We don't overreact. We are frustrated with Cassuck because of his inconsistence performance in preseasons and last 3 games.

As a refresher, in September 2006, the year the Patriots lost the AFC Championship game, there was booing then. This is an excerpt from Brady's press conference:

Q:. The crowd seemed a little restless there at the end of the first half? Did you notice that? Were you surprised they were booing at you guys?

TB: I don't blame them. I don't think we gave them much reason to cheer. They want to see us do some things offensively, put the ball in the end zone, and we turned the ball over. We can't complete a pass, and I would be booing up there too if I was them.

Thanks for the reality check TB

We don't overreact. We are frustrated with Cassuck because of his inconsistence performance in preseasons and last 3 games.

And what, exactly, were you expecting from Cassel?

COMPLETELY insane perspectives when it comes to our young QB.

I like how an alternative view on the pats characterizes you as a bandwagoner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes