Welcome to PatsFans.com

PhinsPhans Rave About Pats' D-Line

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by psychoPat, Jun 29, 2007.

1. psychoPat

psychoPat Role Player PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

2. slash83

slash83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Yea, I think they're that good too.
  3. rabthepat

rabthepat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They better believe it. It is reality.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  4. Dragda

Dragda Yes, it's really me... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

Talent and depth. Hard to argue with it since my memory is too poor to think of any line in history that is better.
  5. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Patriots line is ridiculous. You have to give kudos to Belichick for building that line through the draft. A lot of guys are mention as "least moveable" at DT but Ty Warren seems to get left behind Marcus Stroud, Kevin/Pat Williams and Jamaal Williams a lot.

By the way, I write a weekly Tuesday article for the Phinsider, check it out some time. ;)
  6. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'll keep an eye out for the column. BB deserves a lot of credit for having a long term plan for the team and sticking to it. In fairness to other coaches, you need a supportive owner who backs your plan and winning the SB in your second year REALLY helps! :D Can anyone imagine the Bidwills backing a coach like this?
    I was particularly impressed by Ty Warren this year, who just seemed to stop everything that came his way.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +268 / 10 / -26

This team is built in the trenches and built nowhere better than on the Defensive line.. to brand them as the best is letting everyone know what we are already aware of.
  8. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Like I said the dude is unmoveable. The only DT I'd take over him is Jamaal Williams from San Diego. I'm worried about our rookie center matching up with him this season.

Sounds good, every Tuesday, Travis' take.
  9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +440 / 6 / -9

A 3-4 2 gap lineman gets more responsibility than glory... it's way harder to convey via stats (sacks, hurries, etc.) Right off the bat, controlling the LOS w/3 guys against 5 (instead of 4 guys against 5) is huge. But beating your guy(s) in the Pats' defense isn't going to show up as a sack or a hurry or a pressure in a lot of plays, and that's the easiest way to boil down performance.

PFnV
  10. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

And most of us (me included) wanted to take Jimmy Kennedy in the 2003 draft. Warren may be the best of the bunch along with Terrell Suggs and Kevin Williams.
  11. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

aqua why do u keep mentioning warren as a DT behind Williams? dont u mean Wilfork in that case since both are 3-4 NTs.
  12. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Do you have reason to believe Aqua has progressed enough to know the difference between a 3-4 DE, a 3-4 NT, a 4-3 DE, or a 4-3 DT? Few here would credit him that far.

Maroney
    http://www.nylandingstrip.com/story/2007/6/29/85124/8604
  13. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

how stupid of me ;p

about Maroney..i think hes talking about injuries dont u? Potential but can he stay on the field?
  14. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Maroney showed breakaway speed, some good power potential, generally bits and pieces of what it takes to be an outstanding runner. His passing game needs work in blocking and receiving, but made positive strides overall. The problem I see is consistency, since that's my view I may be projecting onto the author's comments, but it seemed like he used injuries as an excuse to say Maroney is inconsistent.

Injuries are part of the game, you play with it or sit out until you can play, I'm not going to make any projection of Maroney based on injury. If you watch him as a KR, you see him struggle with his vision/decision making, he's just does not appear to be recognizing creases as holes the way a top tier RB should. If the Pats use more zone blocking, this may help him, taking the majority of reps in Training Camp will hopefully help him.

Neither the author or I are sold, whether it's for the same reason...