PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Phillip Dorsett - did he play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why he didn’t get more snaps. Phillips just had his defense squatting on everything underneath and play us as if we were in the red zone the entire game. You would think this would have been a perfect opportunity to get him on the field and get Hogan, who was getting no separation whatsoever, off of it.

How many snaps did he play? I cant believe hogan got multiple targets on key plays against peters and dorsett didn’t get a look all night. You figure if they key on Edelman and gronk underneath theres gotta be a better matchup than hogan vs peters.

I think time was the factor. Rush was fierce, Brady didn’t have the time to wait for longer routes by hogan and dorsett

Yes he had some snaps. Hogan, Dorsett had forgetful games. I’ll chalk it up to the other team has good players too, but am thankful for 11,87 and the defense for getting this done.

Hogan vs Peters was no contest - same as week 1 in 2017.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
Dorsett is just stuck as WR3 behind Hogan and since we have been running a lot of 21 and (a little bit of 22 at the end) he rarely got to be on the field.

He played a total of 26 snaps compared to Hogans 63. Patterson only had 4 snaps.

I hope we can keep Dorsett around for relative cheap and let Hogan move on this offseason. I am fully expecting either an early WR in the draft or a "somewhat" big trade at some point to fill the void at outside receiver. They tried hard this year to get that but people either got injured or suspended. With the uncertainty surrounding Gronk's effectiveness (if he is back at all) they will have to do something to stop making teams squating in the MOF.

Last edited:
I expect us to bring in at least three mid-level receivers (Dorsett/Hogan or better) plus a draft choice or two. The need is especially great should Gronk decide to retire. We need an offense that is capable of scoring more than 13 points.

Dorsett is just stuck as WR3 behind Hogan and since we have been running a lot of 21 and (a little bit of 22 at the end) he rarely got to be on the field.

He played a total of 26 snaps compared to Hogans 63. Patterson only had 4 snaps.

I hope we can keep Dorsett around for relative cheap and let Hogan move on this offseason. I am fully expecting either an early WR in the draft or a "somewhat" big trade at some point to fill the void at outside receiver. They tried hard this year to get that but people either got injured or suspended. With the uncertainty surrounding Gronk's effectiveness (if he is back at all) they will have to do something to stop making teams squating in the MOF.

The whole game is a blur to me, were the Rams taking away White and/or was he on pass protection duties on several snaps?

The whole game is a blur to me, were the Rams taking away White and/or was he on pass protection duties on several snaps?

White was seen on the sidelines working on his leg (stretching, etc...), so he may have gotten dinged up.

I expect us to bring in at least three mid-level receivers (Dorsett/Hogan or better) plus a draft choice or two. The need is especially great should Gronk decide to retire. We need an offense that is capable of scoring more than 13 points.

What makes you think that a trade for a known quantity (given how many picks we have this year) is not on the table ? Especially if Gronk is not back.

I don't get the use of Dorsett this season. Last night's game is a perfect example of why. Hogan was useless, and Brady's numbers were as follows:

Brady to Gronk/Edelman - 16 for 19, for 228 yards
Brady to everyone else - 5 for 16, for 34 yards
Specifically Brady to Hogan - 0 for 6, for 0 yards

yet Dorsett never got a shot to make a play.

If Gronk retires, BB drafts 3 or more TE's :D

I mentioned to my family as we watched the game that Dorsett was invisible to me...the first time I noticed him was when he was giving the Gatorade shower to BB.

Maybe it is due to chemistry or just Brady and Hogan being buddies. But I would have given Hogan's snaps to Dorsett. I like Dorsett and hope they can keep him around. He has a particular role, but it seems to me they can definitely expand his role. With his quickness, I would think he could do more than just be a deep threat.

No idea why he didn’t see more snaps. I thought hogan was unbelievable poor last night but will have to look into more
Hogan just got zero separation. Some of the balls Brady threw to him were poor or difficult plays to make but the lack of separation was pretty bad. He was useless in that facet.

i also think had to do w/ the pass rush, and also brady being uncomfortable, he was a bit jumpy and letting go of the ball a little sooner than he had to, hence not getting all the way to the later reads in a given play, and dorsett would be in those later reads

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST