PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFW: Patriots of today have no chance to duplicate 07 team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's possible that we could actually be better but still not come close to the 2007 numbers. Mainly, b/c I expect us to run the ball a lot more this year. The 2007 team was a bit unbalanced, in favor of the passing game. If we run the ball more, it'll shorten the games up a bit resulting in less possessions.

I entirely agree with this. The 2007 team put up awe-inspiring numbers which may not be matched, but was ultimately unbalanced in terms of the pass vs. the run. I expect this team to end up being better defensively, and much more balanced offensively, with more depth on both sides of the ball. I think it will ultimately be a better team and could possible be a better offense overall, even if appearing less dominant on paper.

As for Brady not being as focused on football as he once was, I'd just point to his interview where he says he wants to play until he's 40. The guy wants to be one of the best of all time. Just because he's not living in Foxboro every second of the offseason doesn't mean that he's slacking off.

As for Brady not being as focused on football as he once was I would refrence you to my signature.

Last edited:
Good. Maybe we'll run a balanced offense and win the last game.

The Patriots of '07 had no chance to go 16-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back