PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT Speculation: Pioli, McDaniels to Falcons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the reasons to start a new thread in this instance. I just hate when there's threads covering a topic and and one detail comes up and some how it's justification to start a new thread.

I guess we could have one bad Tuna rumors thread.

:rolleyes:

Apparently, the writer doesn't know that Parcells and Pioli's wife are not on great terms.

It's wishful thinking on Florio's part. He wants the Patriots broken up because he hates the team. Nothing to see here. Pioli's not going to ATL and neither is Josh.

The challenge for pioli in New England is next to zero. Personally, I hope that the Krafts can keep pioli and bill for the rest of the decade, through the 2009 season. Please believe me when I say that pioli can turn over these responsibility to others with little change over the next two seasons.

If the media is correct, this challenge is unique. I would note that this is kind of challenge that Parcells has loved in the past.

BTW, most here seem to think that Mangini would rather be a defensive back coach for the patriots that be in his present situation. Coaching is a tough profession. It is to Romeo's example that Mangini will turn. They both made the right decision for them.

The challenge for Pioli is to maintain what he and BB have already built...something that's uncharted ground in the era of free agency and the salary cap. If that doesn't fire him up, he needs to go open a flower shop or sell insurance.

Big challenges ahead for the Pats.

1.) Free Agents. Which do you resign and which do you let go.
2.) Retirement. How many players ride off into the sunset with their rings? Could be as many as 7.
3.) If Samuel, Gay and Wilson leave via FA, how do you build a new championship level secondary?
4.) Injuries. If the Pats win the SB they will have played a lot of games and had a very short off season. The LBers especailly will have logged a lot of playing time. Fatigue and age = injuries the next season. (Look at the injury devastation that has affected the Colts and Bears this year.)

I think Pioli and BB have their work cut out for them if Pioli stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back