PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robyn Glaser is now EVP of Football Business & Senior Advisor to the Head Coach.

If Bill wanted to move on from Brady he would have had a plan in place or a decent backup QB. He had neither, which tells me that Bill believed that Brady wasn't leaving and would continue to take less to stay here. That's where I think Bill went wrong.

Kraft has said he thought Brady would stay. Not sure BB went wrong. RK handled the Brady relationship, or at least BB and RK went wrong .

It must be nice to have nothing else to worry about in your life, that you can treat the appointing of a 17 year business advisor to a senior business role on a football team as some sort of grand conspiracy. "What does Mayo need advising on?" as though there's no complicated business or logistical aspects to managing a football team. I swear some of you get all of your knowledge about how a front office works from playing Franchise Mode on Madden.

It must be nice to have nothing else to worry about in your life, that you can treat the appointing of a 17 year business advisor to a senior business role on a football team as some sort of grand conspiracy. "What does Mayo need advising on?" as though there's no complicated business or logistical aspects to managing a football team. I swear some of you get all of your knowledge about how a front office works from playing Franchise Mode on Madden.
Go Ahead Yes GIF

Post of the day.

Bill obviously has so much experience that he knew the entire process inside and out and even got to the point where he parted with his long-time agent, Neil Cornrich, when it came to his own contract because he even knew that well enough that he didn't need him to negotiate that.

Needless to say, Mayo isn't at that point and is going to need a little help so he can focus on coaching and not get bogged down on the other stuff. Like you said, that's more of what this has to do with, and the Krafts are seemingly at least doing their best to set him up to succeed.

Always normally? That's like 50% of the time it works 100%.
Taylor Swift Hair Flip GIF by MOODMAN
Correction I Always agree with your post. Nothing wrong with sharing options right?

Kraft has said he thought Brady would stay. Not sure BB went wrong. RK handled the Brady relationship, or at least BB and RK went wrong .
I was responding to a poster who claimed that Bill thought Brady was done. Kraft never came up but I'd be more than willing to blame him too. No matter whose decision it was to move on from Brady it was clearly wrong on multiple fronts.

The odd thing to me in all of that was that there were many fans here who had no problem with the Pats dumping Tom but wanted Bill to finish his career here. I guess they thought that Bill deserved that respect but Tom didn't.

Here we go...

Bill obviously has so much experience that he knew the entire process inside and out and even got to the point where he parted with his long-time agent, Neil Cornrich, when it came to his own contract because he even knew that well enough that he didn't need him to negotiate that.

Needless to say, Mayo isn't at that point and is going to need a little help so he can focus on coaching and not get bogged down on the other stuff. Like you said, that's more of what this has to do with, and the Krafts are seemingly at least doing their best to set him up to succeed.
Personally, I don't care what's going on behind the scenes nearly as much as what's going on on the field and Kraft's track record shows me that he knows WTF he's doing. I bet Jonathan does too. And now, I'm as excited as any fan of a 4-13 could be.

Personally, I don't care what's going on behind the scenes nearly as much as what's going on on the field and Kraft's track record shows me that he knows WTF he's doing. I bet Jonathan does too. And now, I'm as excited as any fan of a 4-13 could be.
Yes. I don't care who is making decisions, ect,ect. Just put a product on the field that is watchable. I'm a patriots fan, and I just want to see winning, entertaining football back in Foxboro.

Come on, Blanky-poo! Make it happen!!! A bit of an age difference there, but I'm sure she'll be back on the market by then, and BB deserves to be happy...

crystal-ball-2026-jpg.55984

Come on, Blanky-poo! Make it happen!!! A bit of an age difference there, but I'm sure she'll be back on the market by then, and BB deserves to be happy...

crystal-ball-2026-jpg.55984
Who's the clown in the clown car? Who's #63?

Who's the clown in the clown car? Who's #63?
It's the future so the ID of that player remains to be seen! <insert theremin sounds here> The clown is just some poor bastard(s) AI served up to me when I asked for a crazed expression.

It must be nice to have nothing else to worry about in your life,
Give me an f'ing break. This is a Patriots forum and we are going to discuss Patriots news in it.

It's always wonderful to see someone with 12,400+ messages on a sports forum chide other people for having "nothing else to worry about in (their) lives." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
that you can treat the appointing of a 17 year business advisor to a senior business role on a football team as some sort of grand conspiracy.
Except her title includes "Advisor to the Head Coach" so it is more than merely a senior business role.

If this is purely a business role, no one in here would be discussing it. No one cares how much Putnam pays to have club seat naming rights or if State Street is planning to offer more. However, a degree of knowledgeable people have suggested she will have input on football operations so yeah, that is worthy of discussion.

Shame on all the people in here trying to metaphorically shout us down.

The odd thing to me in all of that was that there were many fans here who had no problem with the Pats dumping Tom but wanted Bill to finish his career here. I guess they thought that Bill deserved that respect but Tom didn't.

There are very few fans here that wanted Tom to leave. I do not know what you mean by "many" but it was a trivially small number IMO. I think you are exaggerating the situation. Other posters have referred to some fans as 'Brady haters", I think that group might be less than 10 in all of Pats Nation. No reason to talk about the extreme fringe wierdos.

Last edited:
I totally understand where you're coming from. However the NFL is a production based business. In the GOATs last season he was 12-4 and 24-8.. witnessing the most complete butchering at the most important position in football last 2 seasons I'd be on cloud 9 to have a QB putting up 24-8.. right now!
It was already over by his last season. The 2018 post Super Bowl contract showed you that the split was about to happen regardless. He himself was on Ross's boat. The team was old. Yes, they could've kept him and signed him again in 2020, I would've preferred that, but the team, as old as it was, needed to rebuild, and he was looking for a championship situation. That window had closed for him for the next 2-3 yrs if he stayed on in New England, given the massive personnel losses into retirement. I cheered for him that year. Both sides decided it was time after the 2018 season.

Here, let me literally do it:

SHE'S NOT GOING TO HAVE INPUT ON PERSONNEL DESCISIONS!

Give me an f'ing break. This is a Patriots forum and we are going to discuss Patriots news in it.

It's always wonderful to see someone with 12,400+ messages on a sports forum chide other people for having "nothing else to worry about in (their) lives." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Except her title includes "Advisor to the Head Coach" so it is more than merely a senior business role.

If this is purely a business role, no one in here would be discussing it. No one cares how much Putnam pays to have club seat naming rights or if State Street is planning to offer more. However, a degree of knowledgeable people have suggested she will have input on football operations so yeah, that is worthy of discussion.

Right, because being a HC in the NFL is only about football.
Cillian Murphy No GIF by ARTEfr

You're reading way too much into this.

I posted this in the other thread, but Nancy Meier has been here in a similar role forever. Long before Kraft even arrived. She was actually one of the first people Belichick credited, along with Berj Nejarian as two key people who helped him during his tenure in his final press conference.

She's held multiple roles and said in an interview a few years ago, "I do more supporting of the general manager -- even though we don’t have that specific role now -- than I did years ago," adding, "I support everyone, if we have a new coach or player coming in or if we're releasing a player. All of those transactions on and off the field come through my office."

Again, I think she's getting up there in age, and It sounds a lot like Robyn Glaser will take on more of a support role in other areas that she's handled, likely lightening her workload. And like when Belichick was starting out, Glaser will support Mayo in those areas. So appointing her allows Mayo to have someone who is more available to help him in areas he's not familiar with as they start evaluating people and figuring out how to make it all work under their structure. And provide some continuity if Meier does finally retire at some point.

I'm sure over time, his reliance on her will go down as he gets an understanding of everything. But based on that, that should be about the extent of where her involvement would be. If that makes sense...?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back