PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robyn Glaser is now EVP of Football Business & Senior Advisor to the Head Coach.

It was already over by his last season. The 2018 post Super Bowl contract showed you that the split was about to happen regardless. He himself was on Ross's boat. The team was old. Yes, they could've kept him and signed him again in 2020, I would've preferred that, but the team, as old as it was, needed to rebuild, and he was looking for a championship situation. That window had closed for him for the next 2-3 yrs if he stayed on in New England, given the massive personnel losses into retirement. I cheered for him that year. Both sides decided it was time after the 2018 season.
Agreed, and to add to that I'll give Bill credit In 2019.. he did sign AB.. no one's fault but ABs it didn't work out. I'm 100% convinced we'd win another championship had he remained.

They were both hand picked by the owner because they are loyal with a different perspective. They both are go-betweens with no football training or experience. Very different people like you note, but the role is the same, or very nearly the same. The comparison is apt and interesting to discuss, even if they have different educations. If you believe the role can be defined as a "loyal snitch", it does not matter how educated the snitch is. Got it?
Are you talking about the Texans owner or Easterby's time here?

I honestly have no clue why or how Texans picked Easterby but it was a disaster.

I honestly have no clue why or how Texans picked Easterby but it was a disaster.

Texas owner. But the career paths are similar in that both parties started out at the bottom of the ladder. I agree that Easterby was a disaster in TX. Let's hope the same does not happen to the Pats.

Here, let me literally do it:

SHE'S NOT GOING TO HAVE INPUT ON PERSONNEL DESCISIONS!
Honest question: Why are you so mad? What have people done in here that triggered you so thoroughly?

There are people here (rightfully) concerned about the structure of this team going forward. There is a concern that ownership and non-football personnel might be meddling in football ops. All of a sudden, up pops an undefined position which no one can seem to point to as being previously in existence here or on other teams.

Why the above causes you to throw a temper tantrum remains as yet a mystery.

Jack Easterby - VP of Football Operations for the Texans (after leaving the Patriots)
Robyn Glaser - EVP of Football Business for the Patriots

Jack Easterby - VP of Football Operations for the Texans (after leaving the Patriots)
So cargile, groh, and Wolfe are the current personnel people? With Matt being the director. Do you anticipate this changing?

BB Appreciation Thread - 4 pages
Team Lawyer Woman Gets Promotion Thread - 14 pages
FIFY so it should be no surprise.
We already knew many active posters don’t appreciate Bill.
And are misogynistic.

And are misogynistic.
Playing the sex card in this thread is the essence of weaksauce from the weak minded.

But there we have it folks.... asking what a brand new position that no one seems to have had beforehand actually means is misogynistic.... <sigh>

ah, the idiocy.....

Yea, never heard of "Football Bizness" so there's obviously a caveat there since Football Operations is a recognized title with very well defined duties. The fact the titles differ tells me she absolutely will not be doing any Football Operations duties.

So cargile, groh, and Wolfe are the current personnel people? With Matt being the director. Do you anticipate this changing?

No idea if it will change. With Matt as the Director I assume he reports to Jonathan or Robert? If so, Jonathan or Robert will have to make the final decision on any player, FA or Draft, decisions. That is why I am saying Jonathan or Robert is presently the de facto GM, even if they did not announce it like Jerry Jones. At least Jerry is transparent. But maybe there will be a GM annouced in the not too distant future.

Wow, not reading thread. How does anyone care?

Yea, never heard of "Football Bizness" so there's obviously a caveat there since Football Operations is a recognized title with very well defined duties. The fact the titles differ tells me she absolutely will not be doing any Football Operations duties.

How knows for sure? One thing is clear, it is an unusual situation in the NFL, no other team has an equivalent position. In odd situations, it is normal to ask questions like why the Krafts think they need the position and what exactly the position will do .

Last edited:
And are misogynistic.
No idea if it will change. With Matt as the Director I assume he reports to Jonathan or Robert? If so, Jonathan or Robert will have to make the final decision on any player, FA or Draft, decisions. That is why I am saying Jonathan or Robert is presently the de facto GM, even if they did not announce it like Jerry Jones. At least Jerry is transparent. But maybe there will be a GM annouced in the not too distant future.
Thank you for this explanation. I had an idea of how it would all work, but it never hurts to ask. Yes, I believe they anoint someone as official GM, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Groh personally being he's already in that role. Then again could always bring someone else in. Jerry himself as owner and GM with Steven as second in command Jerry is smart though.. he makes sure every personnel decision goes through him directly.

"I am amongst those who are concerned that this is going to be a conduit for non-football management to meddle with football ops." - me, 14 pages ago

Clearly the above opinion is completely out of line and any concern regarding this new position is nothing but the manifestation of sheer hatred of all femalekind :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
</s>

"I am amongst those who are concerned that this is going to be a conduit for non-football management to meddle with football ops." - me, 14 pages ago

Clearly the above opinion is completely out of line and nothing but sheer hatred of all femalekind :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
</s>
Seems relevant if true

taylor swift haters gonna hate GIF

@Pape @Wax Frog Look boys, it's another Brady v Belichick Thread.
“And although I could be anywhere right now, I’m choosing to spend my life reading through a topic I object to, while passive aggressively complaining about its existence, and calling on my two little fellow ***** boys as well.”

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back