PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT Rumor Mill: Surprise retirement coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
POSTED 4:17 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 5:17 p.m. EDT, June 15, 2006
SURPRISE RETIREMENT COMING?
We've caught wind of strong rumors that a veteran NFL player is considering walking away from the game of pro football, despite prior indications that he will play in 2006.

It's not Lord Favre, but that's all we're saying for now.

(And no, readers, it's not Marshall Faulk. That really wouldn't be a surprise, would it? Sheesh -- we might not proofread our content, but we're at least generally familiar with it.)

More to come. Maybe.
Any guesses?

I hope it is not Troy

Jerry Rice. No wait, he already rolled-over and retired.

(McNair?, although I doubt it with the huge contract he signed)

Last edited:
Drew Bledsoe.......the combo of Tuna and TO is too much for him.

Belichick, he's calling it quits :eek:

:D

Mark Brunell, Trent Dilfer, Warren Sapp.

How about Trent Green, maybe he's realizing how terrible Herm actually is.

Priest Holmes, although that wouldn't really be much of a surprise considering his health problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
BelichickFan said:
Belichick, he's calling it quits :eek:

:D

It said veteran "player" BF....let's not go and get everyone into a panic! I am the one who has to deal with the frantic emails.....:rolleyes:

Rodney...Troy??? Nah...RH wouldn't be rehabbing as crazy as has...TB?? He is said to have looked a LOT younger..in shape...NO...A vet who said he'd be back....Hmmmmmm

Bill's Girl said:
It said veteran "player" BF....let's not go and get everyone into a panic! I am the one who has to deal with the frantic emails.....:rolleyes:
Just trying to get you fired up :)

PatsDeb said:
Priest Holmes, although that wouldn't really be much of a surprise considering his health problems.
Interesting. And you're right, would not be a real shocker considering the nature of neck and spine injuries.

It was the Chiefs' John Welbourn:

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Chiefs | Welbourn retires
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:21:46 -0700

The Associated Press reports Kansas City Chiefs OL John Welbourn has announced his retirement from the NFL. "I decided to retire on my own terms rather than somebody else's," Welbourn told The Associated Press. He said he would be filing the paperwork on his retirement with the NFL office. "I discussed this with the Chiefs a couple of weeks ago," said Welbourn, who participated in last month's minicamp but has been unhappy that the Chiefs would not renegotiate terms of his contract. Kansas City plans to keep him on the active roster for now, in case he changes his mind.

Last edited:
What do we win in this pool? I'll take Curtis Martin, Jeff Garcia or Rod Smith.

BelichickFan said:
Just trying to get you fired up :)

Nah......I'm fine! But I will be forwarding the rest of the choir's panic striken emails to you! ;)

I'm telling you, it's Bledsoe. I remember him saying something in an interview with Chris Myers from Fox about Dallas being his last team and he was getting ready to call it a career. This would be the second of his three year deal in big D..... He had a lot of trouble with Keyshawn's attitude last year and would not blame him if he REFUSED to deal with TO!

I am using my powers of ESP on this one! The guys you all mentioned who are injured would not be a surprise.....although the idea that it could be McNabb is intriguing!

Bill's Girl said:
Nah......I'm fine! But I will be forwarding the rest of the choir's panic striken emails to you! ;)

I'm telling you, it's Bledsoe. I remember him saying something in an interview with Chris Myers from Fox about Dallas being his last team and he was getting ready to call it a career. This would be the second of his three year deal in big D..... He had a lot of trouble with Keyshawn's attitude last year and would not blame him if he REFUSED to deal with TO!

I am using my powers of ESP on this one! The guys you all mentioned who are injured would not be a surprise.....although the idea that it could be McNabb is intriguing!

Too late. Check my latest post.

Last edited:
pats1 said:

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

You really think this is it? According to T-Shirt, his story is from 5:17PM on PFT, and your AP story was posted 4 minutes later. Wouldn't PFT have confirmed this was thier scoop? I am not arguing with you, just curious about the timing. :)

Bill's Girl said:
You really think this is it? According to T-Shirt, his story is from 5:17PM on PFT, and your AP story was posted 4 minutes later. Wouldn't PFT have confirmed this was thier scoop? I am not arguing with you, just curious about the timing. :)
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... but maybe Florio just decided to hit the sauce early and just missed it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST