PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT Rumor: Culpepper might not play at all this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Two interesting tidbits at profootballtalk.com - the first referencing speculation that Culpepper might not play at all this year even though Culpepper recently said he would be ready to start the season.

The other mention's Saban being pissed that Culpeppers assertion that backup QB won't get a chance to play this season hurts his efforts to cheaply sign a starting caliber backup QB who wants a chance to play.

While my feeling is Florio does indeed have many inside NFL sources, those sources usually have their own agenda with their leaks - in this case I'd put 2 and 2 together and guess that the "out for the year" rumor might have been leaked in an effort to undue the "damage" caused by Culpepper's assertion he'll be ready to play.

I'd expect the truth to be somewhere in between Culpepper's statement and this rumor - that he won't start the season and might not be at full speed for awhile, but won't be on the shelf for all of 2006.

Others - including Harrington, Ferotte or even McNair - will probably draw the same conclusion based upon the rumors and statements and will remain interested in a backup job with the Fins. Hence another illustration of how NFL personnel use PFT for their own agendas.

POSTED 8:50 a.m. EDT, April 12, 2006

CULPEPPER TO MISS MOST OF THE YEAR?

As speculation continues regarding the question of whether Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper will be ready at the start of the 2006 regular season, we're hearing increased rumblings that Culpepper might not be able to play at all this year.

Culpepper is recovering from three torn ligaments -- MCL, ACL, and PCL -- in his right knee, which occurred when he took a low hit from the side in an October 30 game between Culpepper's old team, the Vikings, and the Carolina Panthers.

The Dolphins sent a second-round pick to the Vikings last month for Culpepper, who rapidly fell out of favor in Minnesota via his decision to rehab in Florida, his desire for more a lot more money, and his propensity to send out e-mails to the media in his capacity as his own agent.

Meanwhile, the Fins are looking for a veteran backup quarterback. They've kicked the tires of Tommy Maddox and are in the running for Lions quarterback Joey Harrington.

POSTED 1:28 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 1:45 p.m. EDT, April 12, 2006 -

SABAN NOT HAPPY WITH CULPEPPER'S CHOICE OF WORDS

There's talk in league circles that Dolphins coach Nick Saban wasn't pleased with certain portions of the recent comments from quarterback Daunte Culpepper at a Monday press conference. Supposedly (or, as they say in Jersey, supposably), Culpepper's equivocation regarding his availability for the start of the 2006 season has caused a little consternation for the Nicktator, who believes that it will now be more costly to sign a veteran backup at the position.

The irony here is that Saban apparently is loosening up his "one voice" approach by allowing other members of the organization to address the media. Based on Culpepper's recent performance, Saban might just put the kibosh to his adventures in glasnost.

Last edited:
Dude this was posted over 12 hours ago on 3 threads just letting you know

When will teams learn - I guess probably never - how much trouble some of these players can cause who have amply demonstrated problems in the past. The teams simply ask for trouble when they sign these players - and they get it. It will also be fascinating to see how Parcells and Bledsoe fare with T.O.

As a sidenote, it has been amusing to see how at least some of the Miami fans have regarded signing Culpepper as their ticket to winning the AFC East. It's probably a tossup if Miami can even finish second - but they probably will considering how much difficulty the Bills and Jets are likely to have.

nescott said:
Dude this was posted over 12 hours ago on 3 threads just letting you know

Flamed by a 89 post newbie!!! Ouch!!! ;)

(I assume T-Shirt Dynasty flamed you as well for doing the same thing and starting a new thread on this topic AFTER he did?)

I guess those other repetetive threads must have been bumped to another page by a dozen separate threads confirming that Seymour was signed.

You might want to offer some repartes to them as well! :rofl:

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:
(I assume T-Shirt Dynasty flamed you as well for doing the same thing and starting a new thread on this topic AFTER he did?)
I think everyone here realizes that I'm way too classy to be a flamer.

Wait.... that didn't come out right.

:singing::cool2: :singing:

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I think everyone here realizes that I'm way too classy to be a flamer.

Wait.... that didn't come out right.

:singing::cool2: :singing:

Phew...I was worried you were the guy dancing with Vito without a T-Shirt on the Sopranos Sunday night. I can sleep better tonight...WTF with New England Scott flaming JSP??? Is that Scott Zolak? :rofl:

F.B.N. said:
Phew...I was worried you were the guy dancing with Vito without a T-Shirt on the Sopranos Sunday night. I can sleep better tonight...WTF with New England Scott flaming JSP??? Is that Scott Zolak? :rofl:

Is Arizona big enough for New England Scott AND New England Mike?

I thought NEM had that moniker trademarked!

Perhaps its a "mini-me" kindof thing, given the fact that NEM's got about 10,000 posts.

(insert your own "mini-me joke here)

JoeSixPat said:
Is Arizona big enough for New England Scott AND New England Mike?

I thought NEM had that moniker trademarked!

Perhaps its a "mini-me" kindof thing, given the fact that NEM's got about 10,000 posts.

(insert your own "mini-me joke here)

NEM apparently has signed a NEW CONTRACT with himself that allows for spin-offs of his name...I wonder where he buries all his millions???

Well, that's 2 of NEM's secret $$$ sources I know of now.
His name and those Arizona hot dogs sold at Cardinal Games....NEM-DOGS.

Last edited:
I read about " The Pep" yesterday, anything new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back