PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT Rumor Mill: Surprise retirement coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Priest would seem to fit the criteria. As long as it's not a Patriot, we can't be thrown by a surprise again this year like we were last year with TJ.

BelichickFan said:
Priest would seem to fit the criteria. As long as it's not a Patriot, we can't be thrown by a surprise again this year like we were last year with TJ.
I agree...NO Patriots here....that threw the team for a loop!!! None of that..

Willie Mac.

Last edited by a moderator:
Former 49ers CB Ahmed Plummer has officially retired from football.

Impact: A first-round pick in 2000, Plummer started for San Francisco from his rookie year until 2003. Injuries cost him much of the past two seasons and he clashed with Mike Nolan when the coach took over in 2004. Plummer, 30, had drawn interest from the Titans this offseason after being released in February.
(10 character limit)

cubedoggy said:
Willie Mac.

Damn would THAT be something...... I would hate to see that, but BB seems to know when to say goodbye to aging players.

basement zombie said:
(10 character limit)
Thats someone I never would have guessed.

Kdo5 said:
Thats someone I never would have guessed.

Somehow I'm not convinced...his retirement isn't even on Pro Football Talk yet, and my definition of "prior indications that he will play in 2006" means that he is signed with a team, not that he is a free agent without an offer in mid-June.

I'm predicting another "this isn't the player we were talking about" news bulletin on PFT.

basement zombie said:
(10 character limit)

He's been going through the motions for years.

basement zombie said:
check my post above from the morning :D

You beat me to the punch.. I thought I scanned every page for it but after 5 + pages, I kinda gave up..

T-ShirtDynasty said:
From today's PFT:
Then, who the hell is it??? I can't sleep at night.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
Then, who the hell is it??? I can't sleep at night.
Tell me about it, the suspense is killing me. Hell, I almost didn't go fishing all day today just out of fear that I'd miss it.

Why did I just read all 8 pages of this post?

nickw308810 said:
Why did I just read all 8 pages of this post?
Clearly the suspense is killing you too. :cool: (And if you change your settings to 20 posts per page, it's only a 4 page thread.)

Last edited:
Well that was fun while it lasted

POSSIBLE SURPRISE RETIREMENT NOT HAPPENING

Last week, we said that a veteran player was contemplating retirement, and that the decision would be received as a surprise.
We've now been told that said player has decided to continue to play NFL football this season.

But the player will retire . . . eventually. When he does, we'll tell you that he was the one who almost packed it in prematurely in June 2006.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back