PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton takes cheapshot against Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow news day ... Kaepernick, Pot Roast and Manning ... sigh.
This Manning thread is very lame ... Brady has cracked on Peyton also ... no blood as we used to say.

It was a roast of a Hollywood Star whom Peyton suggested should aspire to be Tom Brady's ball boy. That was funny.
When I heard it, I smiled. I didn't get red faced with anger.
Brady will have plenty of chances to get him back. And, no doubt, he will.
Lighten up people. Let it go.

It was a roast of a Hollywood Star whom Peyton suggested should aspire to be Tom Brady's ball boy. That was funny.
When I heard it, I smiled. I didn't get red faced with anger.
Brady will have plenty of chances to get him back. And, no doubt, he will.
Lighten up people. Let it go.
Thanks for the context. Looks all good.

Interesting discussion, though.

Don't worry, Tom Brady will get him back one day by messaging him a picture of his hand with five SB rings attached(one per finger). His smile will deflate then!

Why is Ann Coulter being insulted at a Rob Lowe roast? Not that America should need any excuse to insult her... but still?

Let's put this in perspective.

What if Tom Brady had been asked to speak at a roast of Mark Wahlberg (or Bon Jovi, or ... whomever - it doesn't matter who).

And during this roast of Wahlberg (or whomever), he made a joke about Peyton Manning's forehead and the delivery of HgH from a shady outfit to Manning's wife.

What would the public and media reaction to that have been?

That hey, no problem, it was just a joke at a roast?

why the **** is peyton manning at a roast for rob lowe?

why the **** is rob lowe getting roasted?

I don't know how a Comedy Central Roast works, but most celebrity roasts involve the "Roastee," in this case Lowe, using it to raise money for a cause or charity while enhancing his/her Q Score. They usually sell tickets to the attendees; the proceeds go to the cause or charity after the "Roasters'" expenses are covered. In other words, they're rackets.

Peyton Manning was there either because somebody paid him to be there (or at least picked up his expenses) or because he is a friend of Lowe or because he owed a favor to Lowe or because he wanted to have a favor in the "favor bank" with Lowe or because he supported whatever cause for which Lowe might have been raising money. But, in general, he was probably there because his publicist or manager told him, "You should do this. It'll be good exposure for you."

What if Tom Brady had been asked to speak at a roast of Mark Wahlberg (or Bon Jovi, or ... whomever - it doesn't matter who).

And during this roast of Wahlberg (or whomever), he made a joke about Peyton Manning's forehead and the delivery of HgH from a shady outfit to Manning's wife.

Why should a potential media double standard, or the potential double standard of John Q. Publicidiot, justify Patriots fans actual moronic pantybunching to a non-issue?

I would find it hilarious.

Would the media probably lose their minds about Brady being an ******* and a poor sport for disrespecting Manning? Probably, I guess, but we've all known that enormous double standard exists for well over a decade, so it is what it is at this point. I wouldn't worry too much about it, better to just make a point of not being part of the perpetual outrage machine.

I have been reading your posts for years.

I have a question and a couple comments.

Question: What is with the Kirstie Allie avatar? Maybe asked and answered a bunch of times, but I have never found it.

Comment: If your ego would apply for statehood, it would be our largest state, about 2.5 times the area of Alaska.

Comment 2: Peyton is a Deus.

Question: What is with the Kirstie Allie avatar? Maybe asked and answered a bunch of times, but I have never found it.

Comment: If your ego would apply for statehood, it would be our largest state, about 2.5 times the area of Alaska.

i think it's mila kunis

Personal attacks of this nature?

tsk, tsk

And on a thread about being mean to someone (Tom Brady), too...

Here's the big picture. Brady was never going to be loved outside New England anyway. That's just not the environment we live in these days. Greatness isn't appreciated; it's a source of jealousy and suspicion.

Brady is a legend in New England; always was, always will be, and we know the score. Frankly, I'm exhausted from the constant bombardment. I'm at the point that I don't give two fire-roasted, chocolate covered ****s what some knuckle-dragging mouth breather from Colorado or Missouri has to say about it. Suck on the sour grapes of four Super Bowls and counting, ****ers.

If people want to get mad about it, let them. Manning is a grade A silver spoon db who deserves waaayyy more hate than he gets.

Why should a potential media double standard, or the potential double standard of John Q. Publicidiot, justify Patriots fans actual moronic pantybunching to a non-issue?

You are embarrassing yourself. Some people think it's a cheapshot and having that opinion isn't moronic. Forehead could have easily told him he didn't want to use that and it would have been removed. You look completely clueless on how roasts work . The jokes are directed at people that are on the roast panel because they get a rebuttal, Brady was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back