PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton "rule change" Manning at it again

Try the Jets boards for starters, i e. Gang Green. If I were to use a TV western analogy, this board is the Roy Rogers Show and GG is Deadwood. Ian and the mods keep a pretty tight rein on things around here.

Nothing about the Jets even relates to anything even resembling Deadwood.

Deadwood was awesome. The Jets, GG, and JI are not.. ;)

Maybe you've never heard of "Manning rules" because the NFL media treats him like their Master.
Contrary to public opinion, Tom Brady, our lowly 6th round draft pick, doesn't come from `football royalty`, and is basically despised by media personalities that WEREN'T EX-FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

Every week on NFL.com it's front page articles about how bad Brady is, about how Brady is no longer elite, about how fantasy football people should bench him.

In the week #3 NFL power rankings, they make excuses for Peyton's loss and whine about OT rules. They do all sorts of damage control for Aaron Rodgers and talk about how awful his offensive line is, then with the Patriots they just simply say "Tom is playing horribly," when the reality is his offensive line is the worst we have ever seen in New England, and he's getting smashed by pass rushers 2 seconds after the ball is snapped. NO MENTION OF THAT THOUGH. Just "Tom sucks."

Ya, you don't hear about "Manning rules." I don't hear about the Denver Broncos paying players under the table in a blatant CHEATING of the salary cap rules in order to win its two franchise Superbowls either and unfairly help Elway not have to retire in the same boat as Marino.

I hear about Belichick's secret mind reading helmets that helped us to rock, scissor and paper our way to three championships with Crygate about 5 times a week though.

"I've never heard of any Manning rule."

I've never heard North Korean media talk about how much their dictator sucks, either.
What a shocker.

Ease up. You're a Patriots fan, but you're signature line is about Peyton choking. Is he on your mind that much....seriously?

Why would they? He makes really cool commercials. But it's a fact that those changes were spearheaded by Polian at the behest of Manning after the golden boy got his **** pushed in during the 2003 AFCCG. So they are effectively the "Manning Rules".

Not sure that's fact bro, probably opinion.

I do realize this comment was said jokingly, but it adds to the common Peyton hate here. I understand the rivalry, but I don't even think Charger or Raider fans (who hate us the most) post as much as you guys about Peyton. I've even seen die-hard Patriot fans here say the Manning hate is too much. I'm a Bronco's fan and hear much worst from Raider fans, I was just saying wishing Ebola because he was bummed out he didn't get the ball in OT is a bit much. He just pulled off a very unlikely scoring drive to force overtime, but never saw the ball again. I'd be pretty disappointed too. I still don't recall him saying change the rule or we would've won if the rule allowed us the ball, he just said there's a premium on the coin toss.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Brady and Peyton are fighting it out for potentially the 1a and 1b quarterbacks of all time.

Their fans obsession with the other is perfectly understandable.

Then you are ignorant, because the tuck rule was a true rule that was called whenever it was appropriate. Saying they dusted off the rule is implying it was applied discriminately to favor the Patriots and in the context of your comments that is surely what you were implying, and that is definitely trolling.

This is non-sense.

What does any of that have to do with you misrepresenting that the Tuck call was suspicious or that a change in a rule that resulted from Bernard Pollard hitting Tom Brady is specifically beneficial to Brady?
You can kid yourself and pretend that the emphasis on allowing WRs to run free, first championed by Colt management control of the Competition Committee, and now in response to his spanking in the SB is about something else, but we all know better.

Not once did I say the so called Brady Rule benefited Brady. Where did this come from. I only stated that the rule changed after Brady got hurt, I never said it benefited him. The rule previously changed when Palmer got hurt as well. But isn't it fact that the rule did change. That was all I mentioned. The cutblocking commentary was to say arguing the rules are changed for Peyton would be like Broncos fans arguing someone cutblock our players. Someone might tell us take it easy, you're notorious for cutblocking.

Ease up. You're a Patriots fan, but you're signature line is about Peyton choking. Is he on your mind that much....seriously?

Yes, my forum signature is different than most peoples. I don't just go into profile settings and edit it. Instead I have to focus all my thoughts on it Professor X style in order to keep it there. That's why when I get distracted it vanishes sometimes.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Brady and Peyton are fighting it out for potentially the 1a and 1b quarterbacks of all time.

Their fans obsession with the other is perfectly understandable.

Not really, I don't hear many Broncos fans or any other fans constantly mention or obsess over Brady. I'm on many message boards and the only time I see a lot of talk of another player is right before or after a team plays an opponent. We definitely don't talk much about Brady. Criticizing him isn't gonna make Peyton any better.

Also, I don't think a fan base that is being nationally laughed at for creating a huge petition to have Phil Simms banned from broadcasting their games because he was allegedly "bias" has any right to talk about anyone else being obsessive.

Honestly, that was the most pathetic thing I have ever seen.

Peyton teams are so soft even their fans become giant wussies.

Not once did I say the so called Brady Rule benefited Brady. Where did this come from. I only stated that the rule changed after Brady got hurt, I never said it benefited him. The rule previously changed when Palmer got hurt as well. But isn't it fact that the rule did change. That was all I mentioned. The cutblocking commentary was to say arguing the rules are changed for Peyton would be like Broncos fans arguing someone cutblock our players. Someone might tell us take it easy, you're notorious for cutblocking.

Then what is the point of bringing the rule that was implemented to make sure OTHER QBs didn't get injured the way Brady did?
The rules certainly were changed for Manning in 2004, there really is no honest way to dispute that, and it appears he was at the center of the change in emphasis this year.
If you don't realize that the general perception out there is that when Manning tanks in the playoffs the league adjusts the rules to limit what defenses were doing to stop him, then you are in denial.
This whole thread is idiotic, but your contributions only made it worse.

Nothing about the Jets even relates to anything even resembling Deadwood.

Deadwood was awesome. The Jets, GG, and JI are not.. ;)
I know. Deadwood was spectacular and it was ended before intended. Timothy Olyphant continues his excellence in Justified although coming season is it for that show also. Al Swearingen, we hardly knew ye...

I do realize this comment was said jokingly, but it adds to the common Peyton hate here. I understand the rivalry, but I don't even think Charger or Raider fans (who hate us the most) post as much as you guys about Peyton. I've even seen die-hard Patriot fans here say the Manning hate is too much. I'm a Bronco's fan and hear much worst from Raider fans, I was just saying wishing Ebola because he was bummed out he didn't get the ball in OT is a bit much. He just pulled off a very unlikely scoring drive to force overtime, but never saw the ball again. I'd be pretty disappointed too. I still don't recall him saying change the rule or we would've won if the rule allowed us the ball, he just said there's a premium on the coin toss.
Look, you need to understand that the Manning thing with us goes back much further than his current gig with Denver. Actually, to me it was much more emotional and passionate when The Royal Monarch was with Indy. It's also the phony, wholesome image the entire Manning family projects when the truth is there's sexual assault, Daddy Archie telling Baby Eli to cry and stomp his feet not wanting to go to SD, whining about rules, getting rules changed and general public worship. Nauseating.

runandgun, I mainly don't like Peyton for some off the field actions and for how he treated someone I know. One is from a highly publicized settlement (of someone I do not know), some are from off the field rumors and one is from a that friend of mine who still works for the Colts. Peyton treated him pretty poorly. Even Jimmy Irsay probably got sick of dealing with him even though he was good. I really have no respect for the him as a person. Peyton seems very entitled and spoiled from everything I've heard. He is very powerful in the football world. And he knows it.
I'm very biased because I don't like his egotistical attitude. However, I know he is productive as a passer. But his style is just not fun for me to watch. He looks scared, looks jittery and he has no mobility what so ever. And even more so when the pressure is on. He often doesn't throw a nice spiral and because of that he doesn't go long. Occaisionally he'll throw a 45 yd pass if he's going forward and if he really makes sure he gets his body into it. Anyway, he's still good, and even if I did like him as a person, I don't enjoy watching his style of play.

...peyton was happy last year when the broncos got the ball in OT in NE

i hate this SOB. every time he wins, he gets all the credit..and we forehead loses it's never his fault. fact is he's the greatest choker in the history of the nfl. has most playoff losses/most one and dones. lol

Not sure that's fact bro, probably opinion.

Um... no. That's fact. The issue was pushed by Polian, who was in the competition committee after Manning was intercepted numerous times in the playoffs in 2003 at Gillette. Polian was said to be "furious" at the amount of penalties against the receivers by our corners that went uncalled. The Colts, at that time, were an offense-first team and the new rules would have only standed to benefit them. As it turns out, we just beat his ass again the next year.

Oddly enough, the point of emphasis on the rules changes that originally took place back in '04 only occurred this offseason after the golden boy, once again, got his **** pushed in on national television.

Maybe you've never heard of "Manning rules" because the NFL media treats him like their Master.
Contrary to public opinion, Tom Brady, our lowly 6th round draft pick, doesn't come from `football royalty`, and is basically despised by media personalities that WEREN'T EX-FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

Every week on NFL.com it's front page articles about how bad Brady is, about how Brady is no longer elite, about how fantasy football people should bench him.

In the week #3 NFL power rankings, they make excuses for Peyton's loss and whine about OT rules. They do all sorts of damage control for Aaron Rodgers and talk about how awful his offensive line is, then with the Patriots they just simply say "Tom is playing horribly," when the reality is his offensive line is the worst we have ever seen in New England, and he's getting smashed by pass rushers 2 seconds after the ball is snapped. NO MENTION OF THAT THOUGH. Just "Tom sucks."

Ya, you don't hear about "Manning rules." I don't hear about the Denver Broncos paying players under the table in a blatant CHEATING of the salary cap rules in order to win its two franchise Superbowls either and unfairly help Elway not have to retire in the same boat as Marino.

I hear about Belichick's secret mind reading helmets that helped us to rock, scissor and paper our way to three championships with Crygate about 5 times a week though.

"I've never heard of any Manning rule."

I've never heard North Korean media talk about how much their dictator sucks, either.
What a shocker.

this is how i feel. rodgers, brees, manning all get passes. tom plays like **** and he's finished.

Most of us also hate Manning because of the George Orwellian like treatment of him in the media.

Example: "Peyton's a great leader."

When you have to make things up, or apply to him Tom Brady characteristics, when they don't at all reflect reality, it gets annoying, especially after 15 or so seasons.

I remember in the Superbowl, when your `performance` was blowing twitter up with "ROFL's", it was ex-Patriot, little Wes Welker, on the sidelines trying to rally your offense back to life.

Where was Peyton? Standing five feet off to the side with his hands in his pockets with a sour **** on his face. What a great leader of men. Very Brady like. Let's throw a parade from his "leadership."

The guy is good quarterback. He's also Jay Cutler as a personality, and worse than Tony Romo in big games,

If the media called him down the middle, instead of being cheer leaders for his charade, I'd be less likely to despise him as much as I do, sexual assaulter that he is.

Willful ignorance huh lol? I don't recall anyone saying the Tuck Rule is the Brady rule, I recall saying the Tuck Rule called for Brady is the most notorius situation of the play being called. Are you making things up?

The so called Brady Rule is often the extention of the Palmer Rule. Palmer had someone pushed into his knee. Brady had someone dive at his knee. And you seem to repeatedly indirectly agree that rule was altered because of Brady. We already established the rule began with Palmer, but I'm saying your calling Manning a rule changer, but it's fact a rule changed because of Brady. No one is name calling or saying shame on the Patriots.

You said that the refs "dusted off the rulebook" for the tuck rule. Maybe you didn't know this, but the same exact tuck rule was called against the Patriots earlier that very same season, and likely cost them a game.

And again, re: the "Brady Rule", do I really have to go back and tell you what you wrote? Because this is what you posted:

Rule changes..........like the penalty for hitting a QB low, mysteriously being implemented after Brady got hurt??????
The rule against hitting a QB low is the Palmer Rule. By saying that it was "mysteriously implemented after Brady got hurt" you're committing a few pretty dumb errors, the most notable being that the rule against hitting a QBs low was implemented a few years before Brady's injury.

You have them confused. The Brady Rule only says that you can't lunge into a QB's knee from the ground. So no, I'm not agreeing with you at all. I'm pointing out that, as is clearly the standard with you, you're getting your facts mixed up and don't know what you're talking about.

Not really, I don't hear many Broncos fans or any other fans constantly mention or obsess over Brady. I'm on many message boards and the only time I see a lot of talk of another player is right before or after a team plays an opponent. We definitely don't talk much about Brady. Criticizing him isn't gonna make Peyton any better.

Selective memory then.

If you're from the primary Broncos forums, they just hide non-Bronco threads/Brady threads on their smack-talk subforum.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back