PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning to have MRI on ankle Monday Nov 11

Some brady doesnt get this respect when he completely denies any pain or seeks any attention but plays through it.Can never imagine him coming to a presser talking about MRIs or medical procedures.

Some brady doesnt get this respect when he completely denies any pain or seeks any attention but plays through it.Can never imagine him coming to a presser talking about MRIs or medical procedures.

Just one of the many differences that the average moronic fan or talking head somehow fails to notice. It's absolutely incredible.

Headlines for ESPN within the next few days

PEYTON MANNING- OVERMAN:

"In what is undoubtedly the greatest display of human fortitude since Aron Ralston severed his forearm, Peyton Manning has overcome his MRI scans in order to continue to throw a football. Truly Peyton is god's incarnation of a quarterback, and we are certain that any possible miscalculations that the Broncos makes within the remainder of his tenure here are merely byproducts of the receiving core, offensive line, defense, running backs, special teams, and coaching staff not being able to fully comprehend Manning's omniscience. Whereas a prima donna QB like Tom Brady will yell at his teammates because of his sociopathic urge to divert blame, Manning is merely hoping that his comrades can ascend to the same realm of intellect that he currently resides in. You see, Peyton is no longer a mere football player, but a being that has transcended his mortal vessel to become the Ubermensch that Nietzsche had prophesied. Although the referees might try to impede the unstoppable charge of Manning, even they are unable to understand the quarterback's full cunning. Every play that Peyton calls is a symphony the likes of which we have never seen before, ever pass is equivalent to Zeus throwing bolts of lighting from the heavens, and even the interceptions are a mere masterclass on deception on Manning's part. By giving the opposition the ball and employing his skills as a master thespian in order to feign a face of discontent, he is luring them into a false sense of security so that he can unleash his true might and claim victory. The NFL would be wise to hand Manning the Lombardi trophy and ever other accolade possible, in order to spare the 31 other teams from the unstoppable force that is Peyton Manning."

You think I can get a job writing for them? :rolleyes:

Headlines for ESPN within the next few days

PEYTON MANNING- OVERMAN:

"In what is undoubtedly the greatest display of human fortitude since Aron Ralston severed his forearm, Peyton Manning has overcome his MRI scans in order to continue to throw a football. Truly Peyton is god's incarnation of a quarterback, and we are certain that any possible miscalculations that the Broncos makes within the remainder of his tenure here are merely byproducts of the receiving core, offensive line, defense, running backs, special teams, and coaching staff not being able to fully comprehend Manning's omniscience. Whereas a prima donna QB like Tom Brady will yell at his teammates because of his sociopathic urge to divert blame, Manning is merely hoping that his comrades can ascend to the same realm of intellect that he currently resides in. You see, Peyton is no longer a mere football player, but a being that has transcended his mortal vessel to become the Ubermensch that Nietzsche had prophesied. Although the referees might try to impede the unstoppable charge of Manning, even they are unable to understand the quarterback's full cunning. Every play that Peyton calls is a symphony the likes of which we have never seen before, ever pass is equivalent to Zeus throwing bolts of lighting from the heavens, and even the interceptions are a mere masterclass on deception on Manning's part. By giving the opposition the ball and employing his skills as a master thespian in order to feign a face of discontent, he is luring them into a false sense of security so that he can unleash his true might and claim victory. The NFL would be wise to hand Manning the Lombardi trophy and ever other accolade possible, in order to spare the 31 other teams from the unstoppable force that is Peyton Manning."

You think I can get a job writing for them? :rolleyes:

Dan Dierdorf approves this message...

I expect Manning will be fine and ready to go against KC next week. KC has a good pash rush though so they might knock him around a bit. I hope he plays because he is one of the best players in the NFL and is fun to watch. Especially when he gets intercepted or fumbles and gets called for a hold.

Its just eyewash. He is very calculated to throw out MRI so that the chiefs also have something else to think about. This a total belichickian move. If it was bad he wouldve come out of the game.
Also it helps boost his ratings "playing hurt".

Manning was already a lock for winning the MVP award, now after the MRI and after missing first Q of the Chiefs game he will be back and also win the COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Athlete To Get Routine Medical Test -- News at 11!

Athlete To Get Routine Medical Test -- News at 11!

wet blanket !

peyton manning has invented a superior test to the mri. it can detect tiny vascular implosions which have occured in his extremities. he has somehow over come this malady to create the greatest offense known to mankind. may godspeed be with him.

A helicopter just landed at the Broncos training facility.

Papa Johns loves the publicity.

If the MRI turns up negative, $2.00 off all large Supremes.

Papa Johns loves the publicity.

If the MRI turns up negative, $2.00 off all large Supremes.

Really? How about if I take all three? :D

th

An MRI needs to be done very carefully.
If the magnetic field rips out this neck bolts, he's done for!

The way he got tackled and went down, then hobbled off before coming back in, it reminded me me of Gronk's injury against the Ravens in the AFCCG, which turned out to be a high ankle sprain. If it is a high ankle sprain, quarterbacks have played through these after getting shot up. It is much more difficult for WRs or other positions to play though them. It would certainly affect Manning's game, although he isn't exactly mobile to begin with.

The way he got tackled and went down, then hobbled off before coming back in, it reminded me me of Gronk's injury against the Ravens in the AFCCG, which turned out to be a high ankle sprain. If it is a high ankle sprain, quarterbacks have played through these after getting shot up. It is much more difficult for WRs or other positions to play though them. It would certainly affect Manning's game, although he isn't exactly mobile to begin with.

Isn't this what Brady had in his first Super Bowl?

Manning kind of throws all with his arm anyway. Against the rush he just kind of throws it up there.

It was stupid play anyways...the game is basically over and you have peyton dropping back to pass? I realise the first down essentially ended the game...but them just running it two more times wouldve ended it as well.

lets see what manning does against the D-line of KC next week. he was getting hit alot against SD's which is "ok"

It's all very Big Ben like, especially the story he told the sports casters about how he felt like James Caan in Misery, lol whatever Picklehead.

While on the other hand, Brady could have his arm chopped off on the last play of the game and lose because of it and say "My arm is perfect, I have to play better."

Personally, I'm waiting for the day he throws Welker under the bus. That will be goodness on so many levels. :rocker:

Imagine if he'd thrown that pass in the Super Bowl.

wow anymore and florio would literally be performing fellatio on manning

With MRI pending, the thinking is Manning will be fine | ProFootballTalk

so you don't have to click
Peyton Manning’s meticulous manipulation of opposing defenses doesn’t end at the sideline. Manning is always thinking multiple steps ahead, and the thinking in the wake of Sunday’s post-game disclosure of a looming MRI is that Manning is fine.

Basically, if Manning wasn’t fine he wouldn’t have said he’ll be getting an MRI.

Mentioning the MRI may have been directed at the officials who failed to flag Chargers defensive lineman Corey Liuget for hitting Manning low. It was clear that Manning wasn’t happy about that, for good reason.

Moving forward, it’s unclear whether the MRI will examine Manning’s right ankle or rights knee, but it will be a major surprise if the MRI finds any real damage. If Manning thought it would, he never would have uttered those three letters.

Then again, maybe I’m just engaged in wishful thinking, given that Manning is due to play in the next two NBC Sunday night games, against the Chiefs then the Patriots.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Back