PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning to have MRI on ankle Monday Nov 11

wow anymore and florio would literally be performing fellatio on manning

With MRI pending, the thinking is Manning will be fine | ProFootballTalk

so you don't have to click

I swear the thought makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little but I actually do agree with Florio here.

If it was in any way serious, no way Manning mentions it. It was his way of whining about the refs without whining about the refs.

You can bet Goodell and Co. heard it and will act appropriately (ie flag football for the next few games).

Hopefully doctor Chiefs will prescribe him a good amount of sacks so that he'll be ready for us.

On a more cheerful note, Manning is going to have to play all of his play-off games outdoors in cold weather cities. If the Bronco's ever end up in a really cold windy game they are so screwed. this is a team built for dome games when winter comes, they won't be able to cope with a wet or windy game in cold weather. Manning is 9-11 when it matters most, I'm pretty confident he is going to go 0-fer against mother nature if she doesn't cooperate with their best laid plans.

Does anyone know if his last encounter with really foul weather was their 20-3 beatdown against the Patriots in the 2004 play-offs?

Answer: Yep. The only game that comes close after that was a win over baltimore in the 2005 play-offs. At Baltimore but it was 54 degrees with 7 MPH wind. In other words a beautiful day for a play-off game. Their best bet may be to get the WC and hope they go to Indy, other than that they are looking at playing in Denver, Cincy, NE, or KC, and a Super bowl in NYC if they can make it that far. All of these cities can be very inhospitable. I doubt Manning makes it through this postseason without seeing a bad weather game and i don't think his arm has enough in it to throw through a really strong win or in really bad weather. We'll see what happens but Manning can no longer rely upon perfect conditions to help him through, and that team is built for his strengths not his weaknesses, and that could end up being the difference for them.

It's not even mid-november and it seems like Manning is slowly deteriorating, how will he survive when the weather gets cold in Denver and games like the one in Foxborough?

It doesn't get that cold in Denver.

That was probably one of the influencing factors with him signing with the team.

It's not even mid-november and it seems like Manning is slowly deteriorating, how will he survive when the weather gets cold in Denver and games like the one in Foxborough?

Missed this earlier but i agree completely. Manning has proabably played more play-off games in perfect weather than any QB in NNFL history, yet his record in them still sucks. Can't wait to see how he manages to play in a really bad weather game. Looking forward to watching it in fact, i think it will be his downfall. He's as smart as they come and still incredibly accurate, but his arm has no zip and if he faces a strong wind he is going to throw 5 picks.

That was probably one of the influencing factors with him signing with the team.

But it does get windy and if he gets a bad day they are going to be in trouble.

Best case scenario for Manning, 2 perfect days in Denver and one in NYC, he's going to need divine intervention to get a 2nd ring.

The Denver weather already effected one of his seasons. Do you not remember the playoff game last year?

Does anyone know if his last encounter with really foul weather was their 20-3 beatdown against the Patriots in the 2004 play-offs?

Not quite foul, but it was mighty cold when they played the Ravens last year.

Agreed. I started paying attention to Denver weather after Manning signed because I remember all the media love for how he'll show his greatness in a cold environment now. But I've found that, in general, Denver tends to be relatively mild come December. Heck, even that bitter cold game against Baltimore last year was an anomaly amid a string of 50+ days.

Not quite foul, but it was mighty cold when they played the Ravens last year.

Agreed. I started paying attention to Denver weather after Manning signed because I remember all the media love for how he'll show his greatness in a cold environment now. But I've found that, in general, Denver tends to be relatively mild come December. Heck, even that bitter cold game against Baltimore last year was an anomaly amid a string of 50+ days.

Yep, i missed that. I was thinking that was pretty nice day but didn't realize it was that cold. That said i really do think a bad day is going to play hell with him. he's really accurate but i can't remember the last time i saw any NFL QB throw the ball as softly as he does right now. there is no zip on it at all and i can't remember seeing him fire a ball into a tight space all season. he can fit them in there but they are soft as can be.

playoff game vs ravens it was what...15 deg? That's pretty cold

He was pretty bad that day too. If ****** Ray Lewis didn't knock away 2-3ints right in front of Ed Reed that day we would have played Baltimore in the AFCCG. Probably would have beaten them. Would have been a dog fight though.

On the bright side, Manning's never needed to be all that mobile as a quarterback anyway. That, and the fact that the MRI was negative and it's like just a sprain here and there are the ONLY bright sides in this as a Broncos fan.

As a Broncos fan, I feel like I'm just playing the waiting game at this point. Each game he comes out of still listed as the starter for next week's game is a plus. It makes this game against the Chiefs that much more important, too. We can't win the Super Bowl this year without getting that bye week in the playoffs, in my opinion.

It hasn't mattered as much in recent years, but with a 38 year-old QB playing constantly battling nagging injuries, that extra week is really our only chance, in my opinion.

Fortunately, I'm confident that the Chiefs are the worst 9-0 team in NFL history, and while certainly deserving of a playoff spot, a healthy-enough-to-start Manning should lead Denver to a comfortable win at home. In Arrowhead in a few weeks is a different story, but for next week, I think we've got it.

As long as he isn't beaten up too badly next week, our game should be a lot of fun.

On the bright side, Manning's never needed to be all that mobile as a quarterback anyway. That, and the fact that the MRI was negative and it's like just a sprain here and there are the ONLY bright sides in this as a Broncos fan.

As a Broncos fan, I feel like I'm just playing the waiting game at this point. Each game he comes out of still listed as the starter for next week's game is a plus. It makes this game against the Chiefs that much more important, too. We can't win the Super Bowl this year without getting that bye week in the playoffs, in my opinion.

It hasn't mattered as much in recent years, but with a 38 year-old QB playing constantly battling nagging injuries, that extra week is really our only chance, in my opinion.

Fortunately, I'm confident that the Chiefs are the worst 9-0 team in NFL history, and while certainly deserving of a playoff spot, a healthy-enough-to-start Manning should lead Denver to a comfortable win at home. In Arrowhead in a few weeks is a different story, but for next week, I think we've got it.

As long as he isn't beaten up too badly next week, our game should be a lot of fun.

I wish your team nothing but failure, frustration and turmoil. Have a nice day. :)

OT: Peyton Manning MRI

Yep, i missed that. I was thinking that was pretty nice day but didn't realize it was that cold. That said i really do think a bad day is going to play hell with him. he's really accurate but i can't remember the last time i saw any NFL QB throw the ball as softly as he does right now. there is no zip on it at all and i can't remember seeing him fire a ball into a tight space all season. he can fit them in there but they are soft as can be.

99% of his completions come as a result of opposing defenses playing soft zone, and his receivers being open like prostitutes on a Vegas strip...

We need peyton photo shopped onto a Segway.

I like the Pats chances against Manning this year...he's not even 10% of what he was in those 2007-2009 years where it was a flip of the coin type of thing on who would win the game between him or Brady.

Talib will shutdown half a field and refuse to play that soft zone that pads Manning's numbers. Denver has no answer for Gronk either who is getting closer to top form.

OT: Peyton Manning MRI

With a hobbled manning, our dline needs toget pressure. Ninkovich and chandler need to have their best game.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back