PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning as a "Living Legend"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Similar to the term 'genius' that gets thrown around all to often when describing coaches. They can break down game film and put together a good plan that takes advantage of strengths and limits weaknesses? Good, so they're a good (or great) coach. Please don't call them geniuses, that's just ridiculous.

Right, lets reserve Genius for the guys who cure cancer and living legend to well no one, maybe.

Last edited:
The Manning hatred on this board is overflowing. In case you hadn't noticed, Brady is starting to enter the ad world just a bit, as well.

I consider Marino a legendary QB, and his post-season woes are well known. At least Manning has a Superbowl.

It speaks to the success of the Patriots organization that this is now seen as a small accomplishment, but no Pats fan would have thought that 10 years ago, and very few fans around the league see it that way.

Brady has always been in the ad world, but he was selective and brought along his teammates. I don't think Brady wants to be in every commercial for every product that throws money at him. Manning would advertise for Coke and Pepsi if he could...

If there is a advertising HOF, he is destined to go there as well, on sheer volume of commercials. Does this guy ever say no to a product? I mean, come on some of these are really a reach. Oreo licking contest??????? He might have a career after football as a comedic actor like Bradshaw, OJ and Karras......

I was actually embarrased for Eli and Peyton when I seen that Oreo commercial. They must have been paid well..not that they need the money..

You are wrong and denigrating Manning shows how little you know. Take off
your homer hat and take a long look at one of the better QB's to ever play the
game of football. :rolleyes:
Living legends are made by the media and by fans in the country who are impressed with glitz. Once the momentum builds, the phenomenan kicks in where negative aspects of performance are pretty much ignored or downplayed.

I have to wonder about the word 'better'. I think it is appropriate in-so-far-as regular season wins and passing prowess in the regular season. And he will certainly be a first-ballot HOF.

But how far up the 'better' list he goes is tempered by a truly miserable playoff performance in terms of success - starting with his college career. And, as much as the media likes to denigrate Brady as being a 'system' QB, they seem to totally ignore that Manning has been given a roster that spends upward of 2/3 of it's cap on offense. And he plays his home games in a dome and division away games in the south. To me, Manning is the 'system' QB and I think far more of his 'success' is due to these factors than almost anyone considers.

He will be further up the 'better' list than some notable QBs who did not ever win a SB. But I think he is honestly quite a ways down the list compared to QBs who enabled their teams to win multiple SBs - which is a true 'better' QBs job performance.

I think calling him a 'living legend' is ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes