PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King's Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Peter King: "New England linebackers...made Fred Jackson look like Bo Jackson"

So you're with me, not agin me? I really can't tell anymore with all the fantasy football fans that take all the data and average it to decide what they saw.

Guess we outsarcasticed each other.

By the way, scientists have gone over the stats and we absolutely didn't win the Super Bowl in 2001. We ranked 19th in offense and 24th in defense, so it's been decided, based on that, that we never made the playoffs.

I re-read my post and can see how it could be interpreted as straight (and I also loathe fantasy football). I will try to up the irony in my sarcastic posts in the future to avoid mistakes.

Last edited:
Re: Peter King: "New England linebackers...made Fred Jackson look like Bo Jackson"

1. The Pats lost their defensive QB and signal caller early on, and were in some disarray adjusting to his loss. The fact that they recovered as well as they did is to their credit. No way Jackson does as well as he did if Mayo doesn't get hurt.

2. The goal was never to stop Jackson, it was to shut down the WRs and keep containment on the short stuff. By and large, that worked. Except for a big turnover leading to a defensive TD and the Pats' offense being rusty, the game would not have been close.

BB usually tries to take away the opponent's major weapon, and usually succeeds. That often results in someone else having a statistically big day. You're not likely to shut the opposition down altogether.

Well the reality is that they will probably not have Mayo for the next 6-8 weeks so they better get their sh-t together quickly (the next 5 opponents have better offenses than Buffalo, most much better).

about damn time...i hope all the rest of the media also chooses the jets....

i like being the underdog

Dear Glogan...I'm a Jets fan and humbly ask what makes you think Brady will hang 30+ points? Just curious...and if you're wondering I can't stand the crap that Kerry's been slingin...love the "swagger and confident play" on the field but respect Brady and Bill for taking the high road. Anyway, would like to hear what's behind your 30+ statement.

The whole range of outcomes are possible. Once again, NOBODY should expect a 100% Brady for a few more weeks. As such, what happens Sunday?

If we get first half, give the Jets the edge.

If we get second half, probably tied.

If we get last five minutes, Pats put up 35+ points.

In this decade, brady has pounded the Steelers 3-4 zone blitz defense. What exactly does the Jets have in players and scheme/coached that makes one believe they will do better?

Exactly why are we supposed to care what Peter King thinks? I haven't seen his predictions, by the way.

Dear Glogan...I'm a Jets fan and humbly ask what makes you think Brady will hang 30+ points? Just curious...and if you're wondering I can't stand the crap that Kerry's been slingin...love the "swagger and confident play" on the field but respect Brady and Bill for taking the high road. Anyway, would like to hear what's behind your 30+ statement.

I just think the Jets aren't going to stop the Pats offense just because I don't think they are good enough. Their D looked great last week but you can't compare a Schaub led offense to a Brady unit. I watched much of that Texan game and Houston really did nothing to mix things up. I think TB will run more of a spread offense and mix in screens and draws to keep the NY blitz hesitant. Also, the Jets are still missing Pace, their best pass rusher.

Sure I think the Jets have a chance to win, it's the NFL after all. That said, I think there is a better chance that Brady, Moss, and company hang 4 TDs on NY come Sunday.

It's the Ravens Defense - In 2007 Brady hung 27 points on that Defense in a Dec. game in Baltimore with poor passing conditions.

I think 30 points is a reasonable expectation.

If you are looking for differences between that 2007 offense and the 2009 team, you will not find a lot of changes other than: 1. Stallworth and 2. A stronger running game this year.

Look at Brady's final 5 min and expect that type of performance. Don't expect to see Moss and Welker dropping balls like they did Monday - That's just not going to happen very often.

Also, don't look for the Patriots secondary to drop Interceptions like the Texans did on Sunday - That's not going to happen.

I don't know who's going to win - Got no idea. But I'll take Brady and Belichick any damn day. The bigger the Jets make this game, the more motivated Tom will be - We all know, the bigger the stage and higher the stakes - the better he plays.

It's the Ravens Defense - In 2007 Brady hung 27 points on that Defense in a Dec. game in Baltimore with poor passing conditions.

I think 30 points is a reasonable expectation.

If you are looking for differences between that 2007 offense and the 2009 team, you will not find a lot of changes other than: 1. Stallworth and 2. A stronger running game this year.

Look at Brady's final 5 min and expect that type of performance. Don't expect to see Moss and Welker dropping balls like they did Monday - That's just not going to happen very often.

Also, don't look for the Patriots secondary to drop Interceptions like the Texans did on Sunday - That's not going to happen.

I don't know who's going to win - Got no idea. But I'll take Brady and Belichick any damn day. The bigger the Jets make this game, the more motivated Tom will be - We all know, the bigger the stage and higher the stakes - the better he plays.

Another thing about the Texan game is Ken Walter did not play for the Texans. He is a poor man's Wes Welker, and would have been a factor. Schaub had no outlet when the Jets blitzed. Schaub was also hurting. He didn't look like himself.

This is not to take anything from the Jets. The defense did play well, but playing us, is a different animal.

trash talking jest's = :spygate:

about damn time...i hope all the rest of the media also chooses the jets....

i like being the underdog

Here's more prognosticating by Dave Blezow (NY POST):

Am I missing something? Didn’t Richard Seymour just turn into Jarvis Green? Was I hallucinating when I saw Mike Vrabel, Tedy Bruschi and Jerod Mayo (injured) morph into Pierre Woods, Eric Alexander and Gary Guyton? What’s Brandon Meriweather doing in Rodney Harrison’s spot? Bill Belichick’s still calling the defensive shots, but he’s not using the same bullets he’s used in winning eight in a row vs. the Jets at the Meadowlands. Offensively, the Pats still have a gold-standard passing game, but Tom Brady, gimpier now, will be under siege (and under Kris Jenkins). The well-regarded New England OL, so exposed by the Giants in Supe XLII, can be overpowered. Rex Ryan, perfect mix of a young Bill Parcells and Ralph Kramden, knows this game is the key to his whole program in Year 1. He will hold nothing back. The pick: Jets +3 1⁄2.

The Pats will no doubt be better later in the season. Here's hoping they have enough to bury them now. I hate those guys.

Last edited:
This is nothing more than one big blowhard drinking the Kool-Aid of another. "Drinking the Rex Ryan kool-aid"?? What writer actually says that??

Wait 'til he finds out it wasn't kool-aid...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents