PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King's Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is nothing more than one big blowhard drinking the Kool-Aid of another. "Drinking the Rex Ryan kool-aid"?? What writer actually says that??

Rex Ryan's Kool-aid is composed of Mayonaise, funions, and crushed up butterfingers.

check out his neck(s)

Good. I'm glad we aren't odds on favorites to win by the media. The pressure is purely on the Jets this weekend.

Re: Peter King: "New England linebackers...made Fred Jackson look like Bo Jackson"

the only drive i had a problem with our defense was the drive that ultimately led to a TD making the score 24-13. besides that, i was pretty pleased with the D. id like to get more pressure on the QB, but hopefully itll come. Richard Seymour would definitely help right now. his versatility on the line in a 4-3 is amazing...good deal for the raiders, they better sign him

Watching that drive as I type... AD roughing call on a sack, 10-yard scramble by Edwards and a good play call by the Bills for the scoring screen pass are the plays that made that drive. I didn't exactly see BAD defense. After watching a second time, I think the D played very well throughout the whole game. Considering how young our D is, as well as moving Guyton inside at a moments notice, I am very optimistic for this year.

Edit: The plays I HATED were at the end of the game when some guys on the D (Burgess was one) were busy celebrating instead of getting back and concentrating on finishing the game. I was yelling, "Goda**it, we need to get the Raider out of that f***er!"

Last edited:
I think they are the favorite, giving what was said about our injuries and defense, but I like being the underdog as well.

Actually as much as the media may think the NYJ are the favorites, Las Vegas surely doesn't.

"Somehow" we are still favorites of almost a full TD (-6).

Although, I expect that line to move in the NYJ favor--specifically because of the media, etc.

Regardless, I think it'll be a tough game, but I'm not buying into the Jets are favored BS.

Last edited:
Re: Peter King: "New England linebackers...made Fred Jackson look like Bo Jackson"

I am very optimistic for this year.

Assuming you're talking about the defense, I just don't understand this (especially, in light of losing Seymour & Mayo) optimism. Admittedly, I'm not the most rosy person in the world, but this confidence seems a bit misplaced. At best, you should replace "very" with "cautiously."

Last edited:

I just don't understand this (especially, in light of losing Seymour & Mayo). Admittedly, I'm not the most rosy person in the world, but this confidence seems a bit misplaced. At best, you should replace very with "cautiously."
Wow, now guys can't even be very optimistic because Eyore here is all glum?

The Pats will do very very well this year, I believe.

Dear Glogan...I'm a Jets fan and humbly ask what makes you think Brady will hang 30+ points? Just curious...and if you're wondering I can't stand the crap that Kerry's been slingin...love the "swagger and confident play" on the field but respect Brady and Bill for taking the high road. Anyway, would like to hear what's behind your 30+ statement.

Maybe it's the fact that this Patriot offense is arguably the most prolific offense ever assembled or maybe it's the fact that the 2007 Patriots (the last time Brady was the full time QB) averaged 37 points per game over a 16 game season (and 30 ppg against your beloved Jets). A better question is what makes you think the Jets will shut them down - are these Jets the reincarnation of the Steel Curtain?

Last edited:

And they also made Lee Evans look like Charles Rogers. And TO look like 'Big' Mike Williams. Youre just hoping these goofs can view things objectively.
Well, that's the thing, isn't t?

The game plan was to not get beat by the Bills strength, 2 very good WRs. Focusing on them left the Pats vulnerable to screens, but BB figured they couldn't win that way. And he was right, even though the Bills had a gimme defensive TD and had two drives extended by bad roughing calls and the Pats couldn't convert 2 4th downs and Gostkowski uncharacteristically missed a FG.

I just don't understand this (especially, in light of losing Seymour & Mayo). Admittedly, I'm not the most rosy person in the world, but this confidence seems a bit misplaced. At best, you should replace very with "cautiously."

Good point.

Wait, what's this? For some reason I'm still VERY optimistic.

Good point.

Wait, what's this? For some reason I'm still VERY optimistic.

All that does is make you a great fan.

What a buffoon that King is. Doesn't he know that the defense played solidly? Just another fool who overly relied on his eyes (like Deus, mgteich and others) to conclude that the defensive effort was suspect.

I've started to watch games at a school for the blind to avoid having opinions on what i see. My new friends say the linebacker situation is looking great this week.

Watching that drive as I type... AD roughing call on a sack, 10-yard scramble by Edwards and a good play call by the Bills for the scoring screen pass are the plays that made that drive. I didn't exactly see BAD defense. After watching a second time, I think the D played very well throughout the whole game. Considering how young our D is, as well as moving Guyton inside at a moments notice, I am very optimistic for this year.

Edit: The plays I HATED were at the end of the game when some guys on the D (Burgess was one) were busy celebrating instead of getting back and concentrating on finishing the game. I was yelling, "Goda**it, we need to get the Raider out of that f***er!"

Thank you for a little good sense. The Pats defense really gave up very little all game. A couple big screens, 3 moderate runs, 1 big T.O. gain and that TD pass to the TE, that's all the Bills offense really has to show for the game.

Really, I don't see where this is all coming from. Before Monday, people were expecting the Bills to gain 300+ through the air in a big-time shootout. The pats give up <250 total yards, and now the defense sucks?

I've started to watch games at a school for the blind to avoid having opinions on what i see. My new friends say the linebacker situation is looking great this week.

Like you, I'm going to have to start, "coming here to find out the stats that prove i didn't really see what i thought i did."

Like you, I'm going to have to start, "coming here to find out the stats that prove i didn't really see what i thought i did."

So you're with me, not agin me? I really can't tell anymore with all the fantasy football fans that take all the data and average it to decide what they saw.

Guess we outsarcasticed each other.

By the way, scientists have gone over the stats and we absolutely didn't win the Super Bowl in 2001. We ranked 19th in offense and 24th in defense, so it's been decided, based on that, that we never made the playoffs.

What a buffoon that King is. Doesn't he know that the defense played solidly? Just another fool who overly relied on his eyes (like Deus, mgteich and others) to conclude that the defensive effort was suspect.

1. The Pats lost their defensive QB and signal caller early on, and were in some disarray adjusting to his loss. The fact that they recovered as well as they did is to their credit. No way Jackson does as well as he did if Mayo doesn't get hurt.

2. The goal was never to stop Jackson, it was to shut down the WRs and keep containment on the short stuff. By and large, that worked. Except for a big turnover leading to a defensive TD and the Pats' offense being rusty, the game would not have been close.

BB usually tries to take away the opponent's major weapon, and usually succeeds. That often results in someone else having a statistically big day. You're not likely to shut the opposition down altogether.

Dear Glogan...I'm a Jets fan and humbly ask what makes you think Brady will hang 30+ points? Just curious...and if you're wondering I can't stand the crap that Kerry's been slingin...love the "swagger and confident play" on the field but respect Brady and Bill for taking the high road. Anyway, would like to hear what's behind your 30+ statement.

Well, here's some thoughts:

1. Last time we played the Jets we put up 31 points (which wasn't enough to win) without TB playing, so 30 points with TB is not unreasonable.

2. Last time we played a Rex Ryan defense (in 2007, against the Ravens) we played poorly and still put up 27 points, against a much more established (not necessarily better - it's too early to tell) defense than the current Jets defense.

The Jets defense played fabulously against the Texans - kudos to them. They've got some terrific players, and Ryan is a fine defensive coach. But one week is not enough to anoint them the next dominant defense, and against anything but a dominant defense 30 points should not be out of the question for this Pats offense. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I don't think it's unrealistic.

Two thoughts:

When Gary Guyton is your starting MLB and Effin Alexander is your backup, then Stonewall Jackson would look like Bo Jackson.

Second, when is everyone going to learn not to read anything that Peter Queen writes? I haven't clicked him since Cameragate, over two years ago. Eff him to hell.

King has kissed the pats behind since most of you have been following the them. This is the 1st time he has ventured out of his comfort zone in like for-never.

I also turned down a challenge from a friend giving me 3 1/2 points today, something about the spread going from 7 to 3 1/2 in 24 hours bothers me.

Last edited:

The Jesters are the flavor of the week right now. After the beatdown the Pats put on them come Sunday the mediots will regain their senses. Can't wait to hear PK et al eat some crow on Monday morning when the NE bandwagon gets crowded again. For now, just enjoy the extra leg room. :D

He won't eat crow, though. He'll wax poetic and sound like he picked the Pats all along. I have noticed this about King over the years. He takes a position in one column, then takes a totally opposite one in the next, but has amnesia about what he just said over there. I wish I could get paid the big bucks for such things.

King has kissed the pats behind since most of you have been following the them. This is the 1st time he has ventured out of his comfort zone in like for-never.

I also turned down a challenge from a friend giving me 3 1/2 points today, something about the spread going from 7 to 3 1/2 in 24 hours bothers me.

That's a bunch of horse ****. King spent 2003-2007 trying to figure out who he thought was better between Brady and Manning even when it was clear to everyone else not wearing Indy blue Brady was a superior player on what counts....playoff wins, etc. King was like some old lady trying to pick out a purse on a Sunday afternoon. He couldn't make up his mind.

He was also balls deep in the BS Tomase fueled walk through LIE as well. I don't think he's particularly anti Pats, like Prisco or that a-hole Merrill Hodge or Mush Mouth AKA Shannon Sharpe, but he's no apologist. Never has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back