PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King's MMQB at SI.com puts Patriots #1 power rating of all 32 teams for 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Last edited:
Re: Peter King's MMQB at SI.com puts Patriots #1 power rating of all 32 teams for 200

Peter King is still a moron though.

Re: Peter King's MMQB at SI.com puts Patriots #1 power rating of all 32 teams for 200

i enjoy reading it because i have nothing else to do. I hope Pats fixes corner problem so that we can win a SB game.

Last edited:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../05/02/rankings/index.html?eref=si_topstories

It seems Peter King thinks To be the man (at least in the AFC) you have to beat the man. - Hope he is right.

P.S. Gotta love the Giants at a low #6 - Shows Peter realizes what every fan should, and that the Giants were not the better team on the field that sunday in February - BUT they played better that particular day.

This sounds like the nonsense that Rams fans used to spew after SB 36. Cut the crap, the better team won, period ! I used to hate all the Steeler fans who used to come over here and say the same crap too, the better team lost, that's plain bull. As bad a pill it is to take, the better team won, no ifs, ands or buts !!

This sounds like the nonsense that Rams fans used to spew after SB 36. Cut the crap, the better team won, period ! I used to hate all the Steeler fans who used to come over here and say the same crap too, the better team lost, that's plain bull. As bad a pill it is to take, the better team won, no ifs, ands or buts !!

What??? Do You really believe that the Giants are a better team then the Patriots?

This just in from the Mayor of Homerville. On that Sunday the Giants owned both sides of the line of scrimmage. So on that day, they were the better team.

Did you bother to read my post or are you just plain dumb?.

Let me put it to you in a way you would understand....THE GIANTS WERE NOT THE 'BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD' THAT SUNDAY - BUT 'PLAYED BETTER' THAT DAY!!

The 18-0 Patriots were a better team on that field than the 11-5 Giants,but did not play like that that day - Understand now? :rolleyes:

The Rams were the better team in 2001 on the field at the SB but the Patriots played better THAT DAY!

Now if you still don't understand, Go outside and grab a kid playing hopscotch to explain this to you,O.K.?

I agree 100%.

I don't know why people have to be so darned politically correct. Of course the Patriots were the better team. Duh. They lost one game. The Giants lost 6. And on and on. Of course, the Giants played the better game that day. That doesn't mean they were the better team. Sucks for us.

What??? Do You really believe that the Giants are a better team then the Patriots?

They were on that day. They out hit, played and coached the Patriots.

aabtec

Yech!! Peter King saying we're the best in the league doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies. :bricks:

The rams were a better team, Pats just were better that day.

The rams were a better team, Pats just were better that day.

But the Pats returned the following three seasons and won the SB in two of them, proving that perhaps the Rams weren't the best team on the field.

If Eli wins another one or two SB in the next two to three years then I'll believe they were at least as good as the Pats.

What it all comes down to is that the Giants were lucky. One bad ref call (no holding) and/or stopping the clock (inexcusable error) cost the Pats the game.

The ironic thing is that the Giants also lost out on the playoffs a couple years or so ago on a bad ref call.

Perhaps they were making up for that.

:D

You can't say that a team is better when it only wins a game in 'that day'. If you look at Pats and Colts, Colts is not better than Pats because W-L ratio between the twos is good.

But the Pats returned the following three seasons and won the SB in two of them, proving that perhaps the Rams weren't the best team on the field.

If Eli wins another one or two SB in the next two to three years then I'll believe they were at least as good as the Pats.

What it all comes down to is that the Giants were lucky. One bad ref call (no holding) and/or stopping the clock (inexcusable error) cost the Pats the game.

The ironic thing is that the Giants also lost out on the playoffs a couple years or so ago on a bad ref call.

Perhaps they were making up for that.

:D

Yeah, but the '03-'04 Pats were way better than the '01 Pats. The Rams were a better team than the Pats in '01. They beat the Pats in Foxboro earlier in the season.

So the better team always wins? Try telling that to the '72 US basketball team, '80 USSR hockey team, SB III Colts....

Text Message of the Week
"I'm ready to prove u wrong again, Mr. King. Can't wait.''

--New England safety Rodney Harrison, in a note to my cell phone, received at 10:27 a.m. Thursday.

I believe Harrison, whom I have a good relationship with (I think), is still sore about me questioning whether he could play at a high level before last season, his 14th in the NFL.

It's so fun being a motivational force

^^^that was great

The Patriots were barely better than the Giants in Week 17. From there the Giants got better while the Pats fell off somewhat. On SB Sunday they were even and the Giants had the ball last - the rest is history.

No one can watch those 2 games and say that one team was obviously better than the other. But what will puzzle me to the grave is how the Giants laid low for 16 weeks before coming out and playing like champions.

Who cares. The Giants deserved to win that game with the way they completely dominated the line of scrimmage and made plays in the 4th quarter.

The Rams were better than the Pats, but the Pats won. The Pats were better than the Giants, and the Giants won. What the Pats did in 2003 and 2004 has no bearing on analyzing the teams that season. Just like what the Giants do the next few years has no bearing on analyzing the teams that season.

They were on that day. They out hit, played and coached the Patriots.

aabtec

All true. And yet, they still required the most miraculous play in NFL history (given the circumstances) to pull out the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes