PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King's August 2014 take, and now

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sets the rules that conveniently back has viewpoint or in some cases jihad
Whom do I have a jihad against and when do I set rules conveniently? Could you give some examples please so I can see what you are referring to?

The QB has a much wider effect on a game than any other position and is thus measured more on team performance than any other position. Other offensive skill position are generally gauged almost solely on production. So, no I don't think Peyton is better QB than Brady, but I certainly think Welker was a better receiver than Edelman is.

I think there's a legit argument to say Peyton is a better passer than Brady, but not a better QB. For QBs, winning matters.

Thus far, you're the only one who has claimed that.

Ok buddy.... you claimed somewhere earlier that Welker was a borderline HOF. Considering Tim Brown just made the HOF after his 4th or 5th yea of eligibility, that's a silly statement to make.

Actually it's not silly, it's downright dumb.

Ok buddy.... you claimed somewhere earlier that Welker was a borderline HOF. Considering Tim Brown just made the HOF after his 4th or 5th yea of eligibility, that's a silly statement to make.

Given that Welker has the record for most catches in a 6 year span, and the most years with 110+ catches in a season, you might want to re-think your position.

Given that Welker has the record for most catches in a 6 year span, and the most years with 110+ catches in a season, you might want to re-think your position.

Patriot fans can't forget this. Had the Patriots won one of the two Super Bowls Welker was a part of, he would be viewed in a different light. Welker was amazing in his 1st Super Bowl, but Tyree made a once in a lifetime catch. Yes, Welker dropped the pass in his 2nd Super Bowl, but let's not forget Eli making a great throw and Manningham making a great catch.

I don't want to compare. I love Edelman. He's a great Patriot. Welker was a dominant receiver. I loved him when he was here, and I'm sad that Peyton has shortened his career by hanging him out to dry.

He is a borderline HoFer. If you made me bet, I'd say he doesn't make it, but he'll be in the discussion.

You claimed I said he was the most dangerous receiver in the league, which I never did. If he was, he'd be Calvin Johnson and a HoF lock.

Tim Brown never made an All Pro team. Welker's been 1st team twice.

Last edited:
He is a borderline HoFer. If you made me bet, I'd say he doesn't make it, but he'll be in the discussion.

\
Sure is! I talk to a lot of people about football that HATE the pats. But when the All time WR come up - as a slot guy nobody denies that WW was probably the best ever. As Deus point out, guys got the pedigree. Only 2 WR have ever had 5 seasons with 100+ catches and WW is one of them.

He used to take an incredible beating and it was amazing to see him convert 3rd downs when the other team had him bracketed and KNEW TB was going to him.

Lets hope JE continues his pace and most importantly stays healthy. In terms of WR on this team JE is like the Gronk of WR. Full tilt - full time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3