PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King's anti-Pats perspective is disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that the Pats would smoke the '27 Yankees in a football game. Like all of those guys are dead and, even if they weren't, they played baseball.

Sheesh. Do I have to do everything around here?!?

From his latest MMQB:

Offensive Players of the Week

Dallas WR Terrell Owens, whose eight catches for 173 yards and four touchdowns drove a stake through the Redskins' hearts in Dallas.

His impact goes far beyond scoring all the TDs in the Cowboys' 28-23 victory. He's become a beacon and a leader in a locker room full of young players, and in 26 games in Dallas over the last two years, he's scored 25 touchdowns.

New England WR Randy Moss. One half: Eight catches, 112 yards, four touchdowns ... and one pass defensed. That's right, all in the first half of New England's rout of the Bills. Bill Belichick put him in to play deep safety on the final play of the first half, with New England up 35-7, and he batted down the Hail Mary from J.P. Losman. Dude's living a charmed life.

So Terrell Owens is a "beacon" and huge impact for young players.

Randy Moss is a "dude" that's "living a charmed life."

This article was on the front page like an hour after the Pats game ended. Give the guy a break; you're reading way too much into this.

If there's a legitimate gripe in this article it's that Brady wasn't named OPOW. But damn, at some point you have to either a) just give the damn award to Brady every week, or b) start ignoring 370 yard, 5 touchdown games. He went with b, and that's fine.

Also, how completely unsurprising was it to read that he and Len Pasquarelli are good friends? Same guy, different network.

Last edited:
That's really nitpicking.. I don't have a problem with that.. I have a problem with this quote though:

"4. Randy Moss, WR, New England. Is there any doubt that, barring injury, Moss will have the best year of a borderline Canton career? This is his 10th season. He has 16 touchdown catches through 10 games. He's had two 17-TD years."

Borderline career? When Moss' career is over, the only peer he will have is Jerry Rice.

At the end of last season wouldn't many (or even most) people have said "if Moss' career ended today he shouldn't get into the HOF"? You know they would have. Ten games has advanced his cause greatly, but he is still at this moment borderline, and Oakland holds him back in many minds. If he can indeed set a single season receiving TD record for us that may be enough, but he hasn't done it yet.

gladiator5.jpg

Did you actually read the beginning of the article where King said no one can beat the Pats except the 27 Yankees?

I really don't see the beef here. TO deserves some credit for turning his attitude around and I don't know why it is a dig that he said Moss is living a charmed life.

I have bashed King along with everyone else with his spygate crap, but I didn't see anything wrong with what King wrote today. He did name Moss the co-OPOW.

The most interesting thing about that article is what ISNT there .... any quote from any member of the Patriots organization. Just a quote from the OPPOSING coach ..... and some calculator work.

Looks like King is the new Jackson.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft