Peter King's anti-Pats perspective is disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.

khayos

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
From his latest MMQB:

Offensive Players of the Week

Dallas WR Terrell Owens, whose eight catches for 173 yards and four touchdowns drove a stake through the Redskins' hearts in Dallas.

His impact goes far beyond scoring all the TDs in the Cowboys' 28-23 victory. He's become a beacon and a leader in a locker room full of young players, and in 26 games in Dallas over the last two years, he's scored 25 touchdowns.

New England WR Randy Moss. One half: Eight catches, 112 yards, four touchdowns ... and one pass defensed. That's right, all in the first half of New England's rout of the Bills. Bill Belichick put him in to play deep safety on the final play of the first half, with New England up 35-7, and he batted down the Hail Mary from J.P. Losman. Dude's living a charmed life.

So Terrell Owens is a "beacon" and huge impact for young players.

Randy Moss is a "dude" that's "living a charmed life."

Last edited:
From his latest MMQB:

Dallas WR Terrell Owens, whose eight catches for 173 yards and four touchdowns drove a stake through the Redskins' hearts in Dallas.

His impact goes far beyond scoring all the TDs in the Cowboys' 28-23 victory. He's become a beacon and a leader in a locker room full of young players, and in 26 games in Dallas over the last two years, he's scored 25 touchdowns.

New England WR Randy Moss. One half: Eight catches, 112 yards, four touchdowns ... and one pass defensed. That's right, all in the first half of New England's rout of the Bills. Bill Belichick put him in to play deep safety on the final play of the first half, with New England up 35-7, and he batted down the Hail Mary from J.P. Losman. Dude's living a charmed life.

eh, whatever. The game that had some competition in it gets the attention. who cares? Let's see if Moss gets another four next week. :singing:

You know, we all need to get past this media crap. Who cares what these clowns have to say? I don't. All I know is my Patriots are playing unbelievable football right now, and I am not going to miss a minute of it. We should all enjoy this while it lasts.
Let the Peter Kings of the world talk their nonsense. Really, it's meaningless, IMO. :)

From his latest MMQB:

i dunno, i know Peter King has been a little anti-pats earlier in the year, but I'm pretty sure he's starting to come around - that article was also littered with moments where he'd be like "no one can beat the patriots the way they're playing right now."

also, in those comments, he was saying Moss having a charmed life basically meant that everything that can go well for him is going well for him. and it is.

just to be clear, you're talking about the guy who said this, right?

"1. No one except maybe the '27 Yankees could beat the Patriots right now."

You know, we all need to get past this media crap. Who cares what these clowns have to say? I don't. All I know is my Patriots are playing unbelievable football right now, and I am not going to miss a minute of it. We should all enjoy this while it lasts.
Let the Peter Kings of the world talk their nonsense. Really, it's meaningless, IMO. :)

My theory is that the younger fans and the bandwagon jumpers are the majority of the posters here who find it relevant to post every little snippet that is mentioned in the media about us.

If you lived through 1985, or 1996, or especially 2001-2002, this media disdain is nothing new or noteworthy.

Did you actually read the beginning of the article where King said no one can beat the Pats except the 27 Yankees?

I really don't see the beef here. TO deserves some credit for turning his attitude around and I don't know why it is a dig that he said Moss is living a charmed life.

I have bashed King along with everyone else with his spygate crap, but I didn't see anything wrong with what King wrote today. He did name Moss the co-OPOW.

Much ado about nothing, IMO. Nothing I can argue with at all here...

Last edited:
My theory is that the younger fans and the bandwagon jumpers are the majority of the posters here who find it relevant to post every little snippet that is mentioned in the media about us.

my theory is that when an article is 95% glowing and 5% neutral, posters here shouldn't be disgusted with the 5% part

I still laugh at him having Manning 3rd in his MVP race. I'm sorry, 7 INTs in the last 2 games, regardless of who is catching the ball, is not "MVP caliber."

Both Moss and Romo should move up a spot IMO.

Last edited:
Wow.. You know I've been defending us saying that we're not looking for people putting us down. But I'm not seeing a thing here. I thought perhaps you were being sarcastic, but that's apparently not the case.

I have no problem with King's thoughts here. At all. Heck, I'm not sure Randy would disagree.

Khayos - you've got to be kidding, right? Try reading the whole piece before running off like a five year old with a bee sting, OK? King smothers the Pats with adulation for the next 10 paragraghs or so, did you see that part? And King is just trying to be a little humorous calling Moss a "dude...in a charmed life" (he's refering to anyone who gets to catch the ball from Brady, get it?). yeesh...

Last edited:
That's really nitpicking.. I don't have a problem with that.. I have a problem with this quote though:

"4. Randy Moss, WR, New England. Is there any doubt that, barring injury, Moss will have the best year of a borderline Canton career? This is his 10th season. He has 16 touchdown catches through 10 games. He's had two 17-TD years."

Borderline career? When Moss' career is over, the only peer he will have is Jerry Rice.

Move along people. Nothing (new) to see here.

King's not stupid enough to bash the Pats now- that ship is a lonely one. Let's see, we beat the next 2 best teams in their houses. Only former Broncos like Schlereth, Jackson and Sharpe are still out to get NE.

From his latest MMQB:

who gives a ****.......

not every signle god damn person has to praise every thing the patriots do.

From his latest MMQB:

Are you trying to find things to complain about? That is the only way I can understand how you could find fault in what was written here. Do you peruse every so-called 'Pats hater' articles just to find something to bring back here and ***** about? Jeez it's like some people HAVE to have a reason to complain aobut the media. It's nothing new that there are a lot of guys who hate this team. Why the hell do you have to make a post everytime you are personally offended by something so insignificant?

From his latest MMQB:

Yeah I want a verifiable psychotic leading my team. As an opposing fan, I am 100% in favor of young players following to's lead.

I think you're nitpicking.

Randy Moss is just a "system" WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots