PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King on Mike & Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will not be dead issue if nothing comes from the Walsh interview. Jerk-off fans and sports writers looking to make a name for themselves will continue to beat this drum for a long time.

And those writers who banged the drum loudest for Walsh and found themselves shut out by the Pats as persona non grata (personum non gratum? we all know who they are) will suck up and try to get back in the good graces....Something tells me that the Krafts have long memories and it may not work........

i would like Goodell to say that the case is closed and there is no new evidence on May, 14.

i hope Goodell will give Walsh 1 way ticket so that Walsh can swin and walk back to Hawaii.

Funny how some of the talking heads (Mortensen?? / on ESPN last night) are now saying if Walsh has tapes of the walk through or something similar, it would be significant. Otherwise, the taping of defensive signals is "no big deal".

Something everyone but the comissioner knew from the onset.

The only thing we've learned for sure is that Walsh himself illegally taped a conversation with Pioli, and wanted a promise he wouldn't be prosecuted for that.

He initially said the allegation was untrue.

So we have cleared up two things:

1.) Walsh is a liar and
2.) Walsh engaged in illegal taping activity without the knowledge of the organization.

Anything else he adds need to consider those two facts when considering his testimony.

i would like Goodell to say that the case is closed and there is no new evidence on May, 14.

i hope Goodell will give Walsh 1 way ticket so that Walsh can swin and walk back to Hawaii.

OF course even if that happens every ****** out there with an axe to grind will just say the league is covering up evidence to help the Pats. It's a no win situation.

The only thing we've learned for sure is that Walsh himself illegally taped a conversation with Pioli, and wanted a promise he wouldn't be prosecuted for that.

He initially said the allegation was untrue.

So we have cleared up two things:

1.) Walsh is a liar and
2.) Walsh engaged in illegal taping activity without the knowledge of the organization.

Anything else he adds need to consider those two facts when considering his testimony.

Except he hasn't been promised that he won't be prosecuted for it. The league can't promise that. They will just pick up his fees.

It is funny though. You can go to other sites and see when this is brought up and the fact that Walsh looks to have committed a felony is less of a black mark vs. his credibility than Belichick had with Spygate. So apparently committing a felony is less severe than breaking the NFL's policies for filming defensive signals.

And those writers who banged the drum loudest for Walsh and found themselves shut out by the Pats as persona non grata (personum non gratum? we all know who they are) will suck up and try to get back in the good graces....Something tells me that the Krafts have long memories and it may not work........

Will Tomase even dare to go back to Foxboro?

The Herald can't be forced to reveal its source. But if their source publicly denies being the source, they no longer have to offer him protection -- they could and would publicly defend themselves by saying, "yes, he is the source," and even playing tapes or showing notes if they have them.
They can do that anyway. They have a limited right to protect their source. There is no requirement for them to do so.

This will not be dead issue if nothing comes from the Walsh interview. Jerk-off fans and sports writers looking to make a name for themselves will continue to beat this drum for a long time.

Bingo. This goes away with back to back sub .500 seasons. I'd rather be hated.

OF course even if that happens every ****** out there with an axe to grind will just say the league is covering up evidence to help the Pats. It's a no win situation.

It is only no win if you care.

I was a fan when the Patriots and their fans were ignorable. I prefer being as hated as the Steelers were in the '70s.

He did. He actually went to a BB press conference and asked a question. BB answered in like 2 or three words. (No, not those two.:D That would be a story!)

If as we all hope it turns out that there is no tape, Tomasse will be updating his resume and calling friends to see what other newspapers are hiring....
newsflash- not many....within 6 months...........
If there is a tape,he'll strut back to Foxboro like a pea**** in heat.......

The timing is certainly interesting to say the least. My guess is when Walsh caught wind that his "bombshell" about prior videotaping signals was a dud, he invented the Rams Video Walkthrough story for some reason and leaked it to the Herald. The rest of this indemnification fiasco over the past few months is nothing more than Walsh's way to try to wriggle out of it and avoid being named in a defamation lawsuit. It would explain why the Patriots, the NFL and all the wired beat writers think there's nothing new to the story, as well as Specter backing off the issue AND the Rams player dropping his lawsuit.

yeah...and this vomitous and PATHETIC self serving "bombshell" cost the PATS ANOTHER SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F' TomASSE......may he get all the bad that can come to him.........!!!

Funny how some of the talking heads (Mortensen?? / on ESPN last night) are now saying if Walsh has tapes of the walk through or something similar, it would be significant. Otherwise, the taping of defensive signals is "no big deal".

Something everyone but the comissioner knew from the onset.

Captain, they are not saying that CameraGate was "no big deal". They are saying the existence of more defensive signals tapes would be no big deal because the punishment has already been handed out for that infraction.

A homeowner gets fined for not getting a permit for building a deck on his house. Then a neighbor comes forward and says they have evidence of the deck being built. "No big deal."

yeah, but we really don't care:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back