PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King: Even hard line Patriots haters in NFL not convinced Brady cheated anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad Greenberg won't show an ounce of integrity and repeat what he tweeted the other day. About how Brady should have never been suspended or bring up when ****dell inevitably says Brady wasn't exonerated the fact that Berman in court said he saw no evidence that Brady did anything or how Nash even said there was no direct evidence.

Someone needs to continually remind the shmoes that suit wasn't about merit, it was about the CBA and procedures, past practice, etc.

Idiots need to stop with the Berman didn't exonerate Brady crap. He simply did not rule on merit.

So if Goodell comes on and plays that game, I hope the Twitter folks light that up.

Here is the audio:

http://media.weei.com/a/108959605/kirk-takes-down-peter-king-9-7-15.htm

It starts at the 7:30 mark and goes to about 11:00.

As an aside, I don't think anyone is less of a Peter King fan than I. But King was extremely gracious and contrite in that interview and Minihane came across as an unnecessarily combative jerk. And I agree with King (first time I've said that in quite some time) that what Minihane said about Goodell is totally inappropriate, even in jest. The fact that Minihane didn't show the same contrition about that comment that King showed about his reporting gaffes and instead used it as another springboard to attack King tells me all that I need to know about Minihane.

As an aside, I don't think anyone is less of a Peter King fan than I. But King was extremely gracious and contrite in that interview and Minihane came across as an unnecessarily combative jerk. And I agree with King (first time I've said that in quite some time) that what Minihane said about Goodell is totally inappropriate, even in jest. The fact that Minihane didn't show the same contrition about that comment that King showed about his reporting gaffes and instead used it as another springboard to attack King tells me all that I need to know about Minihane.
thought his attack was great..tell it like it is

Peter King intimated he has heard from people in the league are saying this was a set up by the NFL. he wouldn't give details because he said he needs a second source before he will report it. He claimed there are some "very disturbing" things he is hearing. It was clear the information was damning for the NFL.

As much as I want to, I can't blast King for being cautious with that story. He said he was going to try and do better, so he's apparently trying to get better sourcing on his stories. It just sucks that he's doing that now, with stories that are closer to the truth as opposed to the beginning of this saga, when he was being fed misinformation.

Schefter is the one who said Kraft was fine with Goodell not me. Besides that there is nothing in the last 8 years that conflicts with that judgement. Believe whatever fantasy about Kraft you wish but his actions speak louder than any PR statement he put out to appease the fans.

Sure, he may have been more than ok or even very happy with Goodell since day 1. It may have been close camaraderie or it may have been 'going along to get along' with the boss/decision maker (as often done in business). I really don't know. I guess all 32 liked Goodell in one way or the other. Regardless, that was then and this is now.

Bob Kraft acquiesced publicly. In his statement to the public in front of cameras he made nice with Goodell and the other 31 publicly even though he thought he had been treated wrong with his franchise's competitiveness and name had been harmed. No way did he like that but he did it for good of the business. It was a move I very much publicly disagreed with (sometimes even extremely uphill battles need to be fought).
So what did Kraft get for this public humility? He got his face very very publicly shoved in it by Goodell. And Immediately after it Kraft publicly made is clear he was no longer 'nice nice' with Goodell.

When you have a billion dollars you are extremely used to getting what you want. Having a billion is almost like being a king. Rarely do you have people challenge you, rarely do you have to say your sorry, people will treat you like a royal. It just is the way it is. So getting your face shoved in it is going to be nearly unheard of. Yet if that does actually happen to a billionaire, it will be in their nature to definitely remember your name. They'll will remember especially when the chance comes along to stick the knife into that name/person? You can bet the mortgage payment it is likely to happen. I don't care of Kraft smiles at goodell from here until the end, if/when the chance arises he will hang him as far out to dry as he can. It's only 31 other billionaires that kept it from happening now.

I know a lot of people will not like this post, but you're wrong if you think Kraft will forget what Goodell did. I don't care how many future pics of the two of them shaking hands come out, when you shove the face of a billionaire in it you better know you've made a very potent enemy for a long long time.

I truely hope fans start to listen and learn that the Pats never cheated. But it is not our experience that media changes much. Couple articles here and there about truth after the fact, and then its never resolved to truth. Seems to be swept under the rug and your still left with defending things that didnt happen because the NFL media machine is so powerful.
Tom made a huge accomplishment for all fans to show that things are very wrong. Hopefully the bad media of america will start a feeding frenzy, for ratings, to attack Goodell and the NFL now, and we can get some justice as fans.
No matter what happens I know how this effects the fans of a team and the players. It destroys football, how they enjoy it, and they are absorbed defending the team, and waiting on judgement after judgement.
You get so exhaused beating a brick wall to explain the truth to others it gets so you hate being online or talking about the team, because it always comes up.
This is the real crime to fans.

It really needs to stop

Would't surprise me if someone at the NFL offices went rouge.

They're Commies????

I could have told you that BEFORE all this!!!

Peter King tries to get things right. He's accepted a writing burden that almost ensures he will make mistakes, and one can look down on him for accepting a role that he will necessarily screw up at. But he does try.

Peter King tries to get things right. He's accepted a writing burden that almost ensures he will make mistakes, and one can look down on him for accepting a role that he will necessarily screw up at. But he does try.

King is not perfect but he is MILES above as a human being and journalist from Kirk Minihate.

Minihate needs to share a cell with Whitey Bulger. He is a canker sore of a human being and a stain on all Patriots fans.

As much as I want to, I can't blast King for being cautious with that story. He said he was going to try and do better, so he's apparently trying to get better sourcing on his stories. It just sucks that he's doing that now, with stories that are closer to the truth as opposed to the beginning of this saga, when he was being fed misinformation.
I don't know. Seems awfully convenient that he's only now concerned with second sources now that he'd be reporting mean things about the NFL instead of the Pats.

I don't know. Seems awfully convenient that he's only now concerned with second sources now that he'd be reporting mean things about the NFL instead of the Pats.

Regardless, it's better than going with with one source like Tomase did.

Regardless, it's better than going with with one source like Tomase did.

Eh. I'm not concerned in the slightest with being fair to anyone in the NFL at this point. If false stories are published that make them look bad, I'm fine with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back