PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King calls out Chad Jackson -- did I miss something!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcbee said:
If he were black or white with a hamstring injury but had a serious demeanor and appeared to be putting in alot of effort, they probably wouldn't.

He was injured, and since he's been back, he's practiced, played when they let him, and scored a touchdown. That's not enough for his detractors? He showed nothing but effort on the field, didn't have some flamboyant celebration upon his first NFL TD, but quietly pumped his fist when he went off to the sideline. We have yet to hear a single report of any validity that he has any problems with the playbook or with his attitude, in fact, we've heard nothing but the opposite from Brady and Belichick.

Still, despite this, we have Borges, Casale, Felger (and now Peter King) who have been suspect of this guy since the moment we drafted him, waiting for him to screw up, constantly bringing about murmurs of an inability to learn the playbook and a lack of effort. There are a lot of posters who express similar sentiments.

I'm sorry - I guess I didn't realize it was such a stretch to imagine that a young black wideout might be stereotyped into a certain mold...

Last edited:
Chad is off to an excellent start with a very nice compliment from Belichick, who singled-out his side-line catch against the Jets as an exceptional play. However this is yet another attempt by the media-trash types to bait players into responding in a manner they shouldn't. Then when the player does give some outlandish response it's turned into a media circus.

Chad is apparently somewhat sensitive to this type of criticism, and that's likely why he was picked on. However fans pay the bills and all we care about is what happens on the field. Let Harrison and the others who are used to being quoted by the media do the talking.

Last edited:
desi-patsfan said:
Also calling out Chad Jackson is the easy way out isnt it? The pats played poorly, instead of attacking the superstar franchise QB, attack the WR with immense potential that hasnt played alot yet.
It's ridiculous to scapegoat a rookie 2nd rd WR 3 games into his rookie year for the Pats early malaise. Whoever fed King that info is whiny byatch in denial.

Peter King probably has the best sources in the NFL, the only people who come close are Chris Mortinson and Adam Schefter.

Brady made a comment the other day, referring to issues that were 'inside-the-team' versus 'outside-the-team' and said he shoulder slumping was outside. In other words, a media invention.

Sounds like this is the same thing.

In the silence of the BB locker-room, the media hear patterns and lacking confirmation or denial, they assume the patterns are true. They don't need a basis for them, anymore than Madden needed a basis for the shoulder-slump theory, which took wing around the media after he called it out.

Until Chad Jackson is probable (he was questionable) and STILL doesn't play, I won't believe these mediot musing.

BB didn't do any favors to the speculation by saying he went with the best 45. Many on here thought that was odd as well. Normally he would say something to the affect that he just wasn't ready to go, it was a game time decision. But he didn't! And does anyone on here actually think BB or Brady would come right out and say that Jackson has maturity issues? Did they do it with Bethel? How about PK Sam? Nope but deactivating them even though they showed potential told us that, along with a rumor here and there from the media. I don't understand why this seems so far fetched?

I'll say this Peter King can't pick games to save his life but he is usually dead on with his inside info.

Last edited:
mgcolby said:
Peter King probably has the best sources in the NFL, the only people who come close are Chris Mortinson and Adam Schefter.

Right - OK, but there is NOTHING in Peter King's comments that have the hint of being informed - they are merely his opinion. An opinion based on a stereotype. They are assuming that Chad Jackson is like other WRs before him. It's a faulty assumption. So far, you've stated nothing in your arugment other than "you are an idiot", which is pretty mature.

BradyManny2344 said:
Right - OK, but there is NOTHING in Peter King's comments that have the hint of being informed - they are merely his opinion. An opinion based on a stereotype. They are assuming that Chad Jackson is like other WRs before him. It's a faulty assumption. So far, you've stated nothing in your arugment other than "you are an idiot", which is pretty mature.

What is he supposed to say? "<insert name here> told me that chad jackson is immature?" Think about it!

Last edited:
BradyManny2344 said:
Why is it ludicrous? Do you really think that if Chad Jackson were a white tight end who pulled a hammy and missed 4 games we'd be having this discussion?

Keep dreaming. The media is putting a label on Chad Jackson which it has put on past wide receivers who they have decided he must be like - one of those factors is his race.

It's a good thing Beisel was white or you would be *****ing about how the media treated him as well.

Remember Dave Stechelski? A TE we drafted who left camp supposedly because he was homesick? Good thing he was white or we wouldn't be allowed to call him a momma's boy.

Get a grip. Jackson was rumored to be a healthy scratch which has caused speculation.

The media is looking for ANYTHING to sensationalize because short of being an outrage-provoking anti-BB Borgite, nothing sells like the perception of controversy within the team.

BradyManny2344 said:
He was injured, and since he's been back, he's practiced, played when they let him, and scored a touchdown. That's not enough for his detractors? He showed nothing but effort on the field, didn't have some flamboyant celebration upon his first NFL TD, but quietly pumped his fist when he went off to the sideline. We have yet to hear a single report of any validity that he has any problems with the playbook or with his attitude, in fact, we've heard nothing but the opposite from Brady and Belichick.

Still, despite this, we have Borges, Casale, Felger (and now Peter King) who have been suspect of this guy since the moment we drafted him, waiting for him to screw up, constantly bringing about murmurs of an inability to learn the playbook and a lack of effort. There are a lot of posters who express similar sentiments.

I'm sorry - I guess I didn't realize it was such a stretch to imagine that a young black wideout might be stereotyped into a certain mold...

Casale saw something at a charity event and said the following on the radio, "I won't go into everything because I was there for my job but a lot of people weren't happy with him. Let's just say that Harrison and Bruschi probably had a long talk with him the next day."

1. Why would he make that up? If he did, I'm sure Belichick and the Krafts would have a big problem with it seeing that he works directly for the Patriots.

2. Are you saying he made this up because Chad Jackson was black and he wouldn't have said anything if it was Garrett Mills?

mgcolby said:
What is he supposed to say? "<insert name here> told me that chad jackson is immature?" Think about it!

So if Peter King says it, it must be true? Give me a freakin break.

Late breaking news: the media occassionally makes judgements based on prejudice and stereotype. That's all I'm saying is going on here. That's not a reach at all, but I guess that's news to you.

BradyManny2344 said:
So if Peter King says it, it must be true? Give me a freakin break.

Late breaking news: the media occassionally makes judgements based on prejudice and stereotype. That's all I'm saying is going on here. That's not a reach at all, but I guess that's news to you.

Amazing, that is all I can say. I hope you are only in your teens or still in college. :bricks:

Last edited:
I'm Ron Borges? said:
2. Are you saying he made this up because Chad Jackson was black and he wouldn't have said anything if it was Garrett Mills?

B/c Jackson is a black wide receiver, yes, media memebers are assuming he fits a stereotype and are making claims without basis.

Oh my god, this isn't that big a deal or that much of a leap.

mgcolby said:
Amazing, that is all I can say. I hope you are only in your teens or still in college. :bricks:

Well, I'm neither, and I don't know what that has to do with anything. Should I say I hope you're old and have been surrounded by only white people your whole life? I guess I don't follow.

BradyManny2344 said:

If you assume..........

BradyManny2344 said:
B/c Jackson is a black wide receiver, yes, media memebers are assuming he fits a stereotype and are making claims without basis.

Put down the shovel and step away from the hole! ;)

This is the third time an eyebrow has been raised about Chad Jackson. I certainly hope we don't keep hearing leaks like this.

Was Chad in uniform? I swore I saw him line up at the top of the screen on a running play, but it's tough to see the shoulder numbers even on the big screen. Did he see a snap?

Peter King has not explained why he called out Chad Jackson, which naturally makes us wonder why he wrote it. But before you guys start spitting at each other's avatars, you should listen to the SI radio clip (on SI.com) by Peter King, in which he discusses a conversation and e-mail exchange with Brady. At the end, he reiterates again his criticism of Chad Jackson. Now, if you are predisposed to assuming Peter King and the media are all biased against black wide receivers, this will not convince you of anything. To me, it means he knows something he promised to keep in confidence. Keeping confidences is how you keep sources, and Peter King is plugged in. If true, this is obviously not good. Yet, someone on the Pats likely told King for a reason, and that reason is related to Chad.

Let's forget race here for a minute and focus on the guy's position. WRs are the biggest divas in football, and more than any other position are known to be a distraction. Receivers aren't also known to have the greatest work ethics either. From this alone it doesn't seem that big of a leap to guess that Chad is getting in the way of himself playing.

That said, Kings words are way too strong to be a guess. He either knows something or it's that time of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes