PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King calls out Chad Jackson -- did I miss something!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat_Nasty

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
From Peter King's weekly picks:

Another frustrating day for the Pats' offense. You know what they need? Chad Jackson to wake up, look at himself in the mirror and commit himself to being a full-time football player who puts his job first and everything else second.

Uh, did I miss something?

What, exactly, did Chad do to suggest to PK that he's not putting his job as a football player first?

I remember hearing some idle speculation about Chad Jackson being a healthy scratch last Sunday, possibly for disciplinary reasons, but nothing was ever remotely confirmed.

Last edited:
Weird. I wonder what in the heck he's basing THAT on.

More newswriter 'opinion based on hearsay that was reported as fact'? hrm.

Hamstring injuries take time. How is that hard to understand?

Geez. I hate to play the race card, b/c normally its way off base, but I'm sorry, Peter King and all the other clowns calling out Chad Jackson are racist whether they know it or not. If Chad Jackson were a quiet white guy, it wouldn't be an issue, and the media would just acknowledge the guy is injured. Instead, the media assumes he has an attitude problem. Because of a) his race b) the position he plays, the analysts are making some completely off-base prejudiced opinion on what Chad Jackson is like. I'm sorry, that's what this is, it's been going on all season, and I'm just calling it out now, but that's my take on it.

Last edited:
Strange indeed. But maybe it will help light a fire under his ass, we really need him to step up now.

And in a BB organization nothing of that nature will ever be remotely confirmed.

Felger touched on Chad again yesterday and he was in one of his rational modes. Said he won't say much because of the nature of his sources (translation players and possibly some others who talk to him off the record), but his info is that the playbook is not the problem so much as an overall immaturity issue relating to the way he carries himself around the facility. He seemed to be trying to say he acts like a kid who doesn't take this job as seriously as his coaches and teamates expected him to. I assume that would cover things like he doesn't show up early or stay late, isn't knocking himself out on the field or in the weight room or in the film room. Perhaps something of a 9 to 5'er who wants to enjoy the fruits of being drafted high in the second round while he is young. Perhaps that is why after turning down his request to play catch before the NYJ game Tommy rethought the situation and said OK let's go.

I think he's in the dog house. Perhaps his hammie is also not fully healed too, but perhaps the HC feels it would be further along if the kid were more singlemindedly focused on making it so all week for the last several weeks.

I think King, like a lot of people, are speculating Jackson didn't play Sunday because of some other reason than an injury.

Assuming for a moment that is the case, what does that say about Jackson if he can't even be the No. 3 WR with this crew of WR's? This isn't exactly a great group of receivers like you see in Cincy or Arizona. One would think a 2nd round draft pick with plenty of credentials and talent coming in could "be one of the best 45" (to borrow BB's line) and actually get on the field during a big game.

BradyManny2344 said:

Geez. I hate to play the race card, b/c normally its way off base, but I'm sorry, Peter King and all the other clowns calling out Chad Jackson are racist whether they know it or not. If Chad Jackson were a quiet white guy, it wouldn't be an issue, and the media would just acknowledge the guy is injured. Instead, the media assumes he has an attitude problem. Because of a) his race b) the position he plays, the analysts are making some completely off-base prejudiced opinion on what Chad Jackson is like. I'm sorry, that's what this is, it's been going on all season, and I'm just calling it out now, but that's my take on it.

Hey look everyone,. Jason Whitlock has decided to join us.

BradyManny2344 said:
Geez. I hate to play the race card, b/c normally its way off base, but I'm sorry, Peter King and all the other clowns calling out Chad Jackson are racist whether they know it or not. .

Positively ludicrous.

Why is it ludicrous? Do you really think that if Chad Jackson were a white tight end who pulled a hammy and missed 4 games we'd be having this discussion?

Keep dreaming. The media is putting a label on Chad Jackson which it has put on past wide receivers who they have decided he must be like - one of those factors is his race.

desi-patsfan said:
Hey look everyone,. Jason Whitlock has decided to join us.

:rofl: :rofl:

Ok, the racism point has been made and disagreed with.

Let's be done, and not let it threadjack this topic.

BradyManny2344 said:
Why is it ludicrous? Do you really think that if Chad Jackson were a white tight end who pulled a hammy and missed 4 games we'd be having this discussion?

Keep dreaming. The media is putting a label on Chad Jackson which it has put on past wide receivers who they have decided he must be like - one of those factors is his race.

I think you've completely lost your mind. I've watched King for years on HBO. Read his column every Monday. I often disagree with things he writes or says but nothing, and I mean nothing, he has ever said or written suggests he's a racist.

You've completely gone over the top.

MoLewisrocks said:
Felger touched on Chad again yesterday and he was in one of his rational modes. Said he won't say much because of the nature of his sources (translation players and possibly some others who talk to him off the record), but his info is that the playbook is not the problem so much as an overall immaturity issue relating to the way he carries himself around the facility. He seemed to be trying to say he acts like a kid who doesn't take this job as seriously as his coaches and teamates expected him to.

This is exactly what I'm talking about - Felger has been one of the biggest culprits from the getgo in terms of stirring up anti-Chad Jackson stuff.

I'm not saying "Felger and King hate black people". Far from it. I'm just saying that they have labelled Chad Jackson with a certain label without any basis other than a prejudice they may not be aware of.

SoonerPatriot said:
I think you've completely lost your mind. I've watched King for years on HBO. Read his column every Monday. I often disagree with things he writes or says but nothing, and I mean nothing, he has ever said or written suggests he's a racist.

Like I said above, I don't think Peter King is a racist, and perhaps I mispoke, but saying these things does not make him a racist either. I'm just saying, these people are subconsciously stereotyping Chad Jackson. I think you guys are being quite naive and living in some fairy dream world if you think that isn't a likely scenario.

Last edited:
BradyManny2344 said:

What?? I was miffed at the comment as well, but drew nothing race related here. Where are you coming up with this? If this is based on your personal opinion or speculation then it's best to refrain from calling out media members for things they have not done.

MoLewisrocks said:
And in a BB organization nothing of that nature will ever be remotely confirmed.

Felger touched on Chad again yesterday and he was in one of his rational modes. Said he won't say much because of the nature of his sources (translation players and possibly some others who talk to him off the record), but his info is that the playbook is not the problem so much as an overall immaturity issue relating to the way he carries himself around the facility. He seemed to be trying to say he acts like a kid who doesn't take this job as seriously as his coaches and teamates expected him to. I assume that would cover things like he doesn't show up early or stay late, isn't knocking himself out on the field or in the weight room or in the film room. Perhaps something of a 9 to 5'er who wants to enjoy the fruits of being drafted high in the second round while he is young. Perhaps that is why after turning down his request to play catch before the NYJ game Tommy rethought the situation and said OK let's go.

I think he's in the dog house. Perhaps his hammie is also not fully healed too, but perhaps the HC feels it would be further along if the kid were more singlemindedly focused on making it so all week for the last several weeks.

I didn't see this in the Herald... was it on the radio?

Is there a link to it?

BradyManny2344 said:
This is exactly what I'm talking about - Felger has been one of the biggest culprits from the getgo in terms of stirring up anti-Chad Jackson stuff.

I'm not saying "Felger and King hate black people". Far from it. I'm just saying that they have labelled Chad Jackson with a certain label without any basis other than a prejudice they may not be aware of.

Like I said above, I don't think Peter King is a racist, and perhaps I mispoke, but saying these things does not make him a racist either. I'm just saying, these people are subconsciously stereotyping Chad Jackson. I think you guys are being quite naive and living in some fairy dream world if you think that isn't a likely scenario.

Please, start a seperate thread if you'd like to continue this nonsense. It really doesn't belong in this thread.

BradyManny2344 said:

How do you know they have no basis? Maybe people have told them he's an immature kid who doesn't take his job seriously? How do you know they haven't been told that? Maybe it's not just a stereotype based on nothing. Kind of harsh words based on simple stereotypes. There must be some basis to it.

If he were a quiet tight end with a hamstring injury who seemed to blow off his job and not really care about it, they'd say the same thing. If he were black or white with a hamstring injury but had a serious demeanor and appeared to be putting in alot of effort, they probably wouldn't.

Matt Jones, White WR was questioned many times about his dedication and love for the game.

Both Brady and BB complimented Jackson several times on his work ethic after the Jet game. My take on P. King: wrong as usual. That's why he's the Inspector Clouseau of football writers. The possibility of break-out game for CJ just increased astronomically after King's schtick.

Also calling out Chad Jackson is the easy way out isnt it? The pats played poorly, instead of attacking the superstar franchise QB, attack the WR with immense potential that hasnt played alot yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots