PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pete Prisco: "Zach Thomas HOF? NO WAY!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua4Ever04

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10240023/3

This dude is absolute nuts. He claims Thomas has no chance of making the hall and that Keenan McCardel needs some work. So in his sick and twisted mind, McCardel has been more valuable then Thomas in his career.

He also says Jason Taylor is on the bubble. :rolleyes:

You're asking us for sympathy?

I guess if Prisco said Bruschi had no chance in hell it probably would have been a good assessment by you, right?

Umm....no. It's simply a topic to discuss. Clearly, that's too difficult for you to comprehend.

although he has more tackles and FF than Ray Lewis..i would take Lewis in HOF anyday of the week

both came in league same year?

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10240023/3

This dude is absolute nuts. He claims Thomas has no chance of making the hall and that Keenan McCardel needs some work. So in his sick and twisted mind, McCardel has been more valuable then Thomas in his career.

He also says Jason Taylor is on the bubble. :rolleyes:
If Andre Tippett isn't in, I have no reason to see Thomas make it. McCardell? He needs about five Jerry Rice prime years to make it.

I guess if Prisco said Bruschi had no chance in hell it probably would have been a good assessment by you,right?

There's no doubting impact Bruschi has had in the Patriots current run. He's not a real flasy guy, but he locates the ball carrier and makes the plays. He was the unanimous leader of the defense for the run and his significance was unmeasureable. Bruschi is a hell of a player and an even better person. He won't make the hall of fame, but a great player nonetheless. There's no Patriot I respect more.

although he has more tackles and FF than Ray Lewis..i would take Lewis in HOF anyday of the week

both came in league same year?

Ray Lewis and Zach Thomas have received comparisons throughout their entire careers. The reason Ray gets more recognition, is because of the media attention. Ray is a media godson while Zach just does his work, and does it better or as good as any one. Watch a Dolphins game, whenever the opposing team runs the ball, you will always see a 54 jersey around the ball carrier.

There's no doubting impact Bruschi has had in the Patriots current run. He's not a real flasy guy, but he locates the ball carrier and makes the plays. He was the unanimous leader of the defense for the run and his significance was unmeasureable. Bruschi is a hell of a player and an even better person. He won't make the hall of fame, but a great player nonetheless.
There's no doubting impact Zach Thomas has had in the Dolphins defense. He's not a real flasy guy, but he locates the ball carrier and makes the plays. He is the unanimous leader of the defense and his significance was unmeasureable. Thomas is a hell of a player and an even better person. He won't make the hall of fame, but a great player nonetheless.

In no way is Thomas in the same leauge as R.Lewis.

Last edited:
There's no doubting impact Bruschi has had in the Patriots current run. He's not a real flasy guy, but he locates the ball carrier and makes the plays. He was the unanimous leader of the defense for the run and his significance was unmeasureable. Bruschi is a hell of a player and an even better person. He won't make the hall of fame, but a great player nonetheless. There's no Patriot I respect more.

Rodney? Tommy?

I guess if Prisco said Bruschi had no chance in hell it probably would have been a good assessment by you,right?

He did say exactly that in that article. I agree about both of them.

It's summer and I'm just back from a vacation so I'll entertain Aqua's subject matter.

Bruschi's the type of guy who will miss out on the HoF because the HoF is largely based on statistics. Bruschi's heart doesn't show up in stats - his value is in his leadership and the example he sets and his heart - he shows guys what it takes to be a Patriot and has helped this team win Super Bowls by inspiring others to over-achieve.

Jason Taylor is a similar player - though I think his stats should be enough to get him in the HoF. I don't know anyone who doesn't covet him for their team.

I don't hold Zach Thomas in the same high regard as Taylor - and while he's been a great player for the Fins, put him in the Dolphin's HoF certainly - but I don't see Canton in the cards.

In no way is Thomas in the same leauge as R.Lewis. Go take you complaints back to fin haven.

Is that so? I might have to look at it the other way. No, I'll give the Lewis the benefit of the doubt, he's close to Thomas, just not as his level.

Thomas and Lewis both came into the league in 1996.

Thomas has registered the following:

1577 tackles
18.5 sacks
17 INTs
17 forced fumbles
7 pro bowls

And Thomas was the all-pro team MLB last season. I thought he was too old?

Lewis

1389 tackles
28 sacks
23 INTs
8 forced fumbles
8 pro bowls

Now to say that neither belongs in the other's leauge is just laugable. Either they're both in the hall, or neither gets in. I vote both in.

Rodney? Tommy?

I'll never have respect for Rodney and probably not Tommy. Tommy complains and whines too much. And Rodney, well he intentionally tries to hurt people. How can you have respect for a guy voted amongst his peers as the NFLs dirtiest player.

Is that so? I might have to look at it the other way. No, I'll give the Lewis the benefit of the doubt, he's close to Thomas, just not as his level.

Thomas and Lewis both came into the league in 1996.

Thomas has registered the following:

1577 tackles
18.5 sacks
17 INTs
17 forced fumbles
7 pro bowls

And Thomas was the all-pro team MLB last season. I thought he was too old?

Lewis

1389 tackles
28 sacks
23 INTs
8 forced fumbles
8 pro bowls

Now to say that neither belongs in the other's leauge is just laugable. Either they're both in the hall, or neither gets in. I vote both in.
Ray is also a SB MVP

and Lewis missed almost 2 seasons. He had a season with 5 and another with 6 games because injuries. plus everyone knows Ray as 1 of the best LBs ever..those who dont hate. Hes arguably 1 of the GOAT

I'll never have respect for Rodney and probably not Tommy. Tommy complains and whines too much. And Rodney, well he intentionally tries to hurt people. How can you have respect for a guy voted amongst his peers as the NFLs dirtiest player.

Joey Porter came in 2nd. Do u respect him?

John Lynch was on the list..as was Hines Ward.

It's summer and I'm just back from a vacation so I'll entertain Aqua's subject matter.

Bruschi's the type of guy who will miss out on the HoF because the HoF is largely based on statistics. Bruschi's heart doesn't show up in stats - his value is in his leadership and the example he sets and his heart - he shows guys what it takes to be a Patriot and has helped this team win Super Bowls by inspiring others to over-achieve.

Jason Taylor is a similar player - though I think his stats should be enough to get him in the HoF. I don't know anyone who doesn't covet him for their team.

I don't hold Zach Thomas in the same high regard as Taylor - and while he's been a great player for the Fins, put him in the Dolphin's HoF certainly - but I don't see Canton in the cards.

I agree with basically everything you said, especially Bruschi. He's the one Patriot I actully can root for, it was a special moment when he returned from the stroke.

Taylor and Thomas can be compared all day but it wasn't until recently Taylor over took Thomas in popularity. Over the past 10 years, there hasn't been a better linebacker in the NFL then Zach Thomas, Ray Lewis has an argument, but Thomas seems to be showing better longevity.

For now I'd say Bruschi, unfortunetly, no.
Taylor yes, and Thomas most likely.

I agree that Zach Thomas is overrated, but the idea that he's on par - as an impact player - with Ray Lewis is a joke.

I say a truth, and you threaten my life, you really are a loser.

Bruschi is a great player, I already admit that.

No respect for Brady because he whines? I havent ever heard Brady complain.

Rodney hasnt done anything to anybody in a Pats uniform. He has never intentionally injured anybody in years. If you knew anything you'd know that he is a classy person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents