PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perry: Adrian Klemm impressed Dante Scarnecchia as college OL coach

I still get shocked when I see some other coaching staffs in the league. Like 20+ named position coaches on some teams.
Don't know if it's good or bad for BB to have such small staffs. It's probably all about his desire to control every aspect of the game.
Which has to be recognized at this point, isn't working well. Hopefully BOB can carry the offensive load with more trust from BB that allows him to work on team building and management.

I still get shocked when I see some other coaching staffs in the league. Like 20+ named position coaches on some teams.
Don't know if it's good or bad for BB to have such small staffs. It's probably all about his desire to control every aspect of the game.
Which has to be recognized at this point, isn't working well. Hopefully BOB can carry the offensive load with more trust from BB that allows him to work on team building and management.
Age has taken enough of the edge off that BB can't be managing everything at the level of detail he used to. I still want BB as the ships captain but he needs to be able to delegate. That turned out crap last year but I think Mayo, Steve, BOB are a good core that he can trust. Get a good OL coach and I like the looks of things going forward.

I’d say he’s been up and down. He went through bad stretches of drafting in 2017-19, 2005-8, but been really good at getting UDFAs. Recently, he’s hit and missed on FAs. You’re right that all GMs make mistakes, but in recent years some GMs (Beane, Roseman come to mind) have done better.

I don’t mean to bash Bill‘s great career, but the MP/JJ thing just turned out to be ridiculously inept. He doubled down on it by trying to drastically change the offense simultaneously. We all saw the results.
I think it is fair to express frustration with the past season and to nitpick with the team, owner, players and coaches, but what I think is a bit odd is to have one season where things go a bit sideways and have fans get bent out of shape and think that BB has somehow forgot how to build a team. My guess is that he tried to think outside the box and learned that there is a reason for "the box". The BOB hiring sems to have shown us that he is not as stubborn as some posters thought. I'm excited to see what happens this off-season.

The wording isn’t definite, but Klemm isn’t expected to leave Oregon as of right now.

The BOB hiring sems to have shown us that he is not as stubborn as some posters thought. I'm excited to see what happens this off-season.
I doubt he had a choice since the Krafts stepped in.

I doubt he had a choice since the Krafts stepped in.
I don't think that's the way it works in football matters. The decisions are collaborative, where Bob and Jonathan offer their ideas but don't order Bill to do anything. Bill respects Bob's business instincts and will listen, but in the end he has to agree, he's not going to be forced to make a coaching change that he doesn't want to make. Calhoun has it right.

Age has taken enough of the edge off that BB can't be managing everything at the level of detail he used to. I still want BB as the ships captain but he needs to be able to delegate. That turned out crap last year but I think Mayo, Steve, BOB are a good core that he can trust. Get a good OL coach and I like the looks of things going forward.
It's not his age, it's that there's pretty much always been a strong OC since 2000, and this year there wasn't and it threw the team for a loop. For whatever reasons, the coaching staff couldn't absorb Josh leaving.

I looked this up a while ago and we had 20 coaches, more than some other teams I took a quick look at.

Maybe we should go to many fewer coaches because back when we had half as many, we won Super Bowls?

I don't think that's the way it works in football matters. The decisions are collaborative, where Bob and Jonathan offer their ideas but don't order Bill to do anything. Bill respects Bob's business instincts and will listen, but in the end he has to agree, he's not going to be forced to make a coaching change that he doesn't want to make. Calhoun has it right.
It isn’t. We just have people on this board who like to make up ideas that they can use as criticism.
I’ve always wondered if you are critical and feel justified in it, why make things up, twist them around, and pretend? If there is enough there to legitimately critique, there should be no need for that, right?

Now that the bowl games are over (except for Super), IMO they will pull the trigger on Klemm or Wendell today or tomorrow. No reason to delay that decision. I have no preference who it may be...as long as they are a good fit and do a good job.

I looked this up a while ago and we had 20 coaches, more than some other teams I took a quick look at.

Maybe we should go to many fewer coaches because back when we had half as many, we won Super Bowls?
IMO it's the quality - not the quantity that matters.....

Let's hope he does a good job

I don't understand the saving $ angle. I mean Kraft's net worth is 10-11 BILLION. Why the hell does he do this ? IMO it has to be BB thinking he has some kind of advantage over the previous team but it's beyond dumb at this point. IF this crap happens again we all need to call BS. No more dollar store coaches ! Get the best coaches and pay them !

0694S000002i8TgQAI

yup, absolutely zero excuses to cheap out on coaches that don't have a salary cap associated with them

Its really inexcusable, the Patriots are one of the top 3 most profitable teams in the business

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back