PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perry: Adrian Klemm impressed Dante Scarnecchia as college OL coach

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
He spent five years learning from Dante, so I would approve of this. In any case, they are interviewing him again, presumably for OL/run game coordinator.

Is it bad that he went from steelers ol coach to college ol coach? That kind of sounds like a backwards movement. Regardless hes probably still an upgrade from patricia

Is it bad that he went from steelers ol coach to college ol coach? That kind of sounds like a backwards movement.

Agree...

WIKI

- The Steelers promoted Klemm to offensive line coach on February 2, 2021.[7]
- On December 27, 2021 Klemm left the Steelers with 2 games remaining in the regular season to become an offensive line coach at Oregon.[8]

Agree...

WIKI

- The Steelers promoted Klemm to offensive line coach on February 2, 2021.[7]
- On December 27, 2021 Klemm left the Steelers with 2 games remaining in the regular season to become an offensive line coach at Oregon.[8]
Are we really going to denigrate a man for LEAVING the Steer's organization?

That’s a good reminder of another connection. Klemm was Conor McDermott’s college OL coach.

It’s kind of similar to how scouting Kamu Grugier-Hill at Eastern Illinois led to the Patriots hiring DeMarcus Covington.

That’s a good reminder of another connection. Klemm was Conor McDermott’s college OL coach.

It’s kind of similar to how scouting Kamu Grugier-Hill at Eastern Illinois led to the Patriots hiring DeMarcus Covington.
True, although Klemm was also drafted by Belichick as an NFL player and was on the NE roster for 4 or 5 years, so there was already that pre-existing connection.

I saw something that he was making over a million dollars at Oregon. May have just been about money.
If I remember right, I think Tomlin made comments that could be interpreted as "dude got a big freakin check, I can't stop him from leaving"

Edit: found it - “The financial component in our business is making college football much more competitive. So, we’re all getting faced with challenges that we really weren’t faced with in the past. We made the decision; I made the decision to allow Klemm to move on to Oregon. It provides tremendous clarity for us as we zero in on the last component of this season."

I saw something that he was making over a million dollars at Oregon. May have just been about money.
Phil Knight money! The Oregon weight room (donated by Knight) is legendary.

He spent five years learning from Dante, so I would approve of this. In any case, they are interviewing him again, presumably for OL/run game coordinator.

When Scar was here we barely saw those drive killing OL penalties too many of them this year. You gotta have legit position Coaches its a legitimate part of the process. I think BB have learned his lesson with the square peg in a round hole 2022 approach it just doesn't work. :rolleyes:

I like this move, with the blessing of Scar it makes it even a better choice..

If I remember right, I think Tomlin made comments that could be interpreted as "dude got a big freakin check, I can't stop him from leaving"

Edit: found it - “The financial component in our business is making college football much more competitive. So, we’re all getting faced with challenges that we really weren’t faced with in the past. We made the decision; I made the decision to allow Klemm to move on to Oregon. It provides tremendous clarity for us as we zero in on the last component of this season."
Sounds like Kraft’s going to need to open up his purse strings if he wants to bring Klemm here then.

Going to try to read the tea leaves here:

Pitt wasn't willing to match what Oregon was offering.

That leaves us now at either
A) Oregon isn't willing to continue to pay him as they were doing in his prior contract, or
B) NE is going to have to match or come close to what Oregon was paying (an amount that another NFL team intimately familiar with the coach already considered too rich for his services).

There's also C) NE gives him a more complex position than just OL coach, something like "Run Game Coordinator" which better builds his resume for a future OC candidacy (and also justifies paying him more than a regular OL coach).

Going to try to read the tea leaves here:

Pitt wasn't willing to match what Oregon was offering.

That leaves us now at either
A) Oregon isn't willing to continue to pay him as they were doing in his prior contract, or
B) NE is going to have to match or come close to what Oregon was paying (an amount that another NFL team intimately familiar with the coach already considered too rich for his services).

There's also C) NE gives him a more complex position than just OL coach, something like "Run Game Coordinator" which better builds his resume for a future OC candidacy (and also justifies paying him more than a regular OL coach).
I also interpreted Tomlin's comments that way. He went on further to say that they had another guy in-house who would assume the role for the rest of that year and in the next year so they didn't need Klemm so badly that they wanted to give him a raise to stay.

I'd lean towards option C on your list, and the fact that Bill brought him in as an OC interview probably fits into that. "We didn't bring you in as an OC, but we liked your ideas - how do you feel about an OL Coach/Run Game Coordinator role where you have an elevated role and responsibility in regards to offense? You'd be compensated close to what we'd pay a new OC."

You could take the same approach with Jefferson, or heck, even McCardell. McCardell couldn't leave the Vikings for a lateral WR coach job, but perhaps he could if it had some sort of "Pass Game Coordinator" title affixed.

Of course, all of the above requires Kraft to open his checkbook wide, but he didn't pay Patricia or Judge last year so he should be willing.

I also interpreted Tomlin's comments that way. He went on further to say that they had another guy in-house who would assume the role for the rest of that year and in the next year so they didn't need Klemm so badly that they wanted to give him a raise to stay.

I'd lean towards option C on your list, and the fact that Bill brought him in as an OC interview probably fits into that. "We didn't bring you in as an OC, but we liked your ideas - how do you feel about an OL Coach/Run Game Coordinator role where you have an elevated role and responsibility in regards to offense? You'd be compensated close to what we'd pay a new OC."

You could take the same approach with Jefferson, or heck, even McCardell. McCardell couldn't leave the Vikings for a lateral WR coach job, but perhaps he could if it had some sort of "Pass Game Coordinator" title affixed.

Of course, all of the above requires Kraft to open his checkbook wide, but he didn't pay Patricia or Judge last year so he should be willing.
If I'm Kraft there's no way I'm trying to save pennies on coaching this year. No way in hell.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back