• YES

Votes: 132 94.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Pay Talib?

Yes, sign him long-term, otherwise BB is just going to use the 1st pick in 2014 on some suck-ass DB instead of a beast lineman...wait...he might do that even if we DO sign Talib:(

Belichick really seems to enjoy coaching Talib and I think Talib is enjoying his time here he never had a chance to win even in college he was not part of an elite program, being here seems to be bringing out the best in him on and off the field.

Definitely, he single handedly won the game for us and he has made the defense overall that much better.

No. Franchise tag. Too scared he re-becomes a bad ass.

BUT. Wow. He is legit on the field. Majorly legit. Most important non-Brady on field. Wow.

Long story short : he has been amazing. But I am still fearful of giving him long term cash.

I don't think that is likely, he appears to have matured. Did you hear Brady talk about him, I was really surprised to hear him go into such detail about how much he likes Talib.

He made a good case for it tonight.

Pats should lowball Talib like they do everyone else. If he walks, he walks.

For god's sake people, Talib has been good but he's not the second coming of Revis or even Richard Sherman

Talib is WAY better than McCourty.

Different players and different roles, Talib is currently playing better than any CB in the NFL but in terms of body of work I don't think he is way better. They're both primary reasons this team is a top 10 defense and both should be retained.

The refs also screwed him on that PI.

That's weird, before the season everybody here said he wasn't even top 10.
Everybody here was happy when the Pats announced they signed him to a one year deal.

I don't think that is likely, he appears to have matured. Did you hear Brady talk about him, I was really surprised to hear him go into such detail about how much he likes Talib.

There is talk of him being a leader. I hope it's true. I guess I am just more cautious than ever since the TE fiasco...

Corners that play like this - very very rare. I hope you are right.

Let's wait and see. If he keeps this up, he should be Re-signed for no more than 3years...or franchised. He and Dennard play without fear.
At a point, we might be paying Dennard, Talib, Arrington and McCourty top $$$. Is that affordable?

For god's sake people, Talib has been good but he's not the second coming of Revis or even Richard Sherman

He leads the league in INT's... had a game winning INT vs. Jets and game changing INT vs. Falcons.

Also the game winning pass defended vs. Falcons.

He's arguably having a better year than Revis so far, though I wouldn't know for sure since I rarely watch Tampa games.

Talib bet on himself, and he bet well...

No. Franchise tag. Too scared he re-becomes a bad ass.
Franchise tag would cost them about $11M in cap room next year. They can't allot that much to him. If they tag him, it needs to be to extend their window to figure out a different contract, not unlike Wilfork's franchise tag.

Let's wait and see. If he keeps this up, he should be Re-signed for no more than 3years...or franchised. He and Dennard play without fear.
At a point, we might be paying Dennard, Talib, Arrington and McCourty top $$$. Is that affordable?

I don't think McCourty will get top dollar. Arrington was just re-signed recently.

Dennard is a good #2CB but he isn't getting top dollar from anyone.

He's arguably having a better year than Revis so far, though I wouldn't know for sure since I rarely watch Tampa games.
I'd say that's accurate, especially since Schiano turned Revis Island into Revis zone. He's not playing nearly as well as he was in primarily man coverage.

Belichick really seems to enjoy coaching Talib and I think Talib is enjoying his time here he never had a chance to win even in college he was not part of an elite program, being here seems to be bringing out the best in him on and off the field.
Being here seemed to bring out the best in a lot of players including a few CB's, but that didn't stop them from chasing the money and signing with another team. Hopefully Talib will be an exception, i really hope so. I think the last time the pats had a CB this good was Ty Law.

This is a must! Shutdown corners are rare and in the playoffs having a corner that can shutdown an opposing teams #1 receiver helps the defence so much

If we pay Talib that means we have to let McCourty walk at the end of his rookie deal :(
The deal his brother got with the Titans might have more to do with McCourty walking away, but if there is one player on the "D" that would take a discount to stay, I think it would be McCourty. Seems like when everyone was against this kid, BB always had his back, and it wasn't just to give him confidence. I think those two have a great deal of mutual respect for each other.

If it becomes an issue, they can cut Arrington to save $3.25M in cap room the offseason that Dennard becomes a free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back