• YES

Votes: 132 94.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The refs also screwed him on that PI.

Agree. I hate how WR's get so much leeway with pushoffs, but DB's are barely allowed to lay a finger on them.

It's so blatant in every game. The league office obviously knows about this problem, but continues to allow it because passing league = excitement = ratings.

I feel sorry for DBs. They are barely allowed to do their job anymore.

Agree. I hate how WR's get so much leeway with pushoffs, but DB's are barely allowed to lay a finger on them.

It's so blatant in every game. The league office obviously knows about this problem, but continues to allow it because passing league = excitement = ratings.

I feel sorry for DBs. They are barely allowed to do their job anymore.

I'm still stunned the play Dobson got hurt didn't get pass interference nor helmet to helmet. Especially since they've been so anal lately about player safety and concussions.

I'm still stunned the play Dobson got hurt didn't get pass interference nor helmet to helmet. Especially since they've been so anal lately about player safety and concussions.
It's a complete travesty to completely miss two blatant fouls in the end zone on third down. That was pathetic.

I don't think McCourty will get top dollar. Arrington was just re-signed recently.

Dennard is a good #2CB but he isn't getting top dollar from anyone.

Dennard is a young second year player. He is still improving and at this rate, he would require a lot of $$ to be retained. As someone mentioned, we could cut Arrington if it makes sense.

There's a reason he was given away last year.
If he wants to give us a discount (maybe a 2m/year under free agent price) then yes.
If he wants the most money -- which my guess is he does as he decided to sign a '1 year prove it' deal, let him walk; there's a risk that good behavior won't last once you get your money (witness AHern recently reverting after getting paid; or Moss after 3 years of good behavior).

You serious? We've been waiting years for a shut down corner, having opposing O's light up our D like a Christmas tree and now that we finally have a shut down corner you want to low ball him and let him walk if he doesn't take $2m a year less then he'd get elsewhere? Unbelievable.

It's a complete travesty to completely miss two blatant fouls in the end zone on third down. That was pathetic.
And a few minutes later call one on Talib for breathing on Jones.

Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

you might think im crazy, but Talib right now is more important to this defense than wilfork...and I say that because the league right now is a passing league where teams try to spread you out and throw the ball on you..

having that "guy" who can take away the opposing teams best player and make plays on the ball just makes your defense that much better

without Talib, we arent 4-0 right now.

Re: Re: Pay Talib?

There is talk of him being a leader. I hope it's true. I guess I am just more cautious than ever since the TE fiasco...

Corners that play like this - very very rare. I hope you are right.

Fair enough I can empathize with that.

Worth every penny and then some. Best defensive player on the field tonight by a wide margin.

Talib is a great corner, but there's no way he's resigning with patriots.

Talib is going to want revis like money and the patriots want him to take a pay cut.

Gotta thank Greg Schiano for allowing the Patriots to fleece him out of a shutdown corner for a mere fourth rounder. With decision making skills like that it's no wonder why the Bucs are 0-4 and in line for a top 5 draft pick, while the Pats are sitting pretty at 4-0 and primed for another deep playoff run.

Oh, and thanks for Blount too. I'm sure that track star is working out really nicely for ya'.

The Patriots will surely and rightly offer Talib a whole lot of money to stay, but that doesn't mean we can demand the outbid the rest of the league.

The deal his brother got with the Titans might have more to do with McCourty walking away, but if there is one player on the "D" that would take a discount to stay, I think it would be McCourty. Seems like when everyone was against this kid, BB always had his back, and it wasn't just to give him confidence. I think those two have a great deal of mutual respect for each other.

I hope so. Good FS are hard to find these days. Look at some of the guys teams are starting at FS out there... Yes a good CB earns more than a good FS but you can name probably 15 really good CBs. When it comes to FS, it would be hard to name 10 good ones.

I really hope we don't play cheap with Talib

No it doesn't

Seriously.

All it means is the math gurus at Patriots Place have do some extra work to make it happen and maybe Logan Mankins and Vince Wilfork get restructured/extended

Also let's not rule out McCourty helping the team out and taking less money to stay and allow the Pats to have some flexibility. He comes off as a guy that would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back