PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats worked out Channing Crowder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought BB liked INTELLIGENT players????:confused:

If you put Crowders brain in a bird,that bird would fly backwards.

When he and Rex went on that insult spree it was like watching dumb and dumber.

This would reek of desperation at pass rush if we sign him up.

Why are we talking about Channing Crowder when he's never been a passrusher in his life? After playing 6 seasons and 82 games, Crowder has a grand total of 2.5 career sacks. If you're looking for a passrusher, Crowder is Vernon Gholston Jr. No Thanks!

Last edited:
Pass.

10 char

I thought BB liked INTELLIGENT players????:confused:

If you put Crowders brain in a bird,that bird would fly backwards.

When he and Rex went on that insult spree it was like watching dumb and dumber.

This would reek of desperation at pass rush if we sign him up.

Channing Crowder was one of the most intelligent players in his draft class. Various reports list his Wonderlink scores as anywhere between 30 to 47.

I am beyond sickened at the thought of this douche coming anywhere near the team..

Why are we talking about Channing Crowder when he's never been a passrusher in his life? After playing 6 seasons and 82 games, Crowder has a grand total of 2.5 career sacks. If you're looking for a passrusher, Crowder is Vernon Gholston Jr. No Thanks!
I dont think he is being looked at as a pass rusher. We do have to stop the run and cover also.

I wish this team had more guys like Bart Scott, who play with a huge chip on their shoulder and would run through a wall for their coach.

I'd be in favor of Scott and Channing running through a wall.

Please meet Mr. Brandon Spikes.

BSpikes.jpg

Brandon Spikes plays with heart and passion, and it is obvious once you watch him play. He is a violent hitter who plays an aggressive style of football. He has a rare ability of reading plays exceptionally well, which is extremely valuable in the NFL as a rookie. He is very aggressive in the running game, almost to a point where it hurts him. He needs to work on not being too aggressive as to where he outruns the play.
Scouting Report: Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida - The Football Expert.com

Yes, I like Spikes too and am a fan of his. But this LB corps is still lacking talent. What do you have after Mayo? Spikes is a promising young player who brings that swagger/intensity/tone setting element, but there are still questions about his speed/range -- can he ever be a playmaker in the NFL?

If we do play a base 4-3, are you comfortable running out a LB corps of Mayo, Spikes, Guyton? Guyton is not a starter in this league IMO. Spikes in the middle of a 4-3 in the NFL -- that's a lot more field for him to cover than in a 3-4. I still think the LB corps is one of the areas of this team that is lacking the talent/playmaking we had from the Super Bowl years.

Crowder is not going to light the world on fire, but I think he's a solid ball player who could improve the talent of this LB corps. Bring him in and see what he can offer. As I said, I'd prefer Tatupu if he's healthy because I've always loved him as a player, but I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Crowder either.

He was an ILB for the Dolphins in their 3-4 defense. He is not a pass rusher and has never played OLB in a 3-4.

Channing Crowder was one of the most intelligent players in his draft class. Various reports list his scores as anywhere between 30 to 47.[/b]
You're wrong about that...that score was from the IQ test....not wonderlic

Last edited by a moderator:
Channing Crowder was one of the most intelligent players in his draft class. Various reports list his Wonderlink scores as anywhere between 30 to 47.

OK..it's the Wonderlic test...and the average score is 21...various reports varying 17 points indicates the reporters have a sub 21 score...which corresponds to turnip brains like Tomase and Gasbagarotti...

OK..it's the Wonderlic test...and the average score is 21...various reports varying 17 points indicates the reporters have a sub 21 score...which corresponds to turnip brains like Tomase and Gasbagarotti...

This has always been my personal favorite;

Wonderlic Sample Test

Vince Young made headlines last year when it was rumored that he scored a 6. As we all saw in 2006, the Wonderlic doesn't mean much. St. Louis' Ryan Fitzpatrick scored a 50, and he's nothing more than a backup quarterback.

Quite right to the author. There's no difference between the mental ability and aptitude to play QB in the NFL in regards to Ryan Fitzpatrick and Vince Young at all.

Absolutely no difference at all. How embarrassing. :p

Last edited:
I dont think he is being looked at as a pass rusher. We do have to stop the run and cover also.

We've got enough depth at ILB without having to risk adding a chowdah head like Crowder to the roster. If we're talking strictly an ILB role he's definitely not worth it. Rather bring in a guy like Lofa Tatupu.

We've got enough depth at ILB without having to risk adding a chowdah head like Crowder to the roster. If we're talking strictly an ILB role he's definitely not worth it. Rather bring in a guy like Lofa Tatupu.
Perhaps. I was just pointing out the rationale for every move we make isn't found in the sack column.

If he can contribute BB will be interested.

Philfer was brought in for LB coverage skills in the sub package. One thing led to another and he may have been our defensive MVP in 2001.

I think many fans look at reports of interest in a player and say 'where is he going to start'. That doesn't need to be the case. Crowder could be brought in solely because we feel he could cover well enough to help in the nickel/dime while at the same time shoring up the run D in the sub package that we may want to use more but don't because we have had trouble defending the run from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason he can no longer hold up against the run is because of the Dolphins management?

Interesting theory. Please explain ...

No problem. If he was drafted by a team that understood the abilities, or in this case, the limitations of, its coaching staff, then the stats we've seen him produce may not be an accurate reflection of his true abilities. Particularly when a possible move to a team that employs a coach that has a game plan showcased by the Hall of fame is involved.

Do you not agree that he's probably been drafted too early by a piss poor franchise that employs a piss poor coaching staff, leading to the possibility that he's been misused and poorly coached, in comparison to what he'd have as a Patriot? They can't all be drafted by the greatest GM and Coach, some need a learning curve. I'd take that hunger every Sunday. As long as he and Matt Light get along, I'm good.

No problem. If he was drafted by a team that understood the abilities, or in this case, the limitations of, its coaching staff, then the stats we've seen him produce may not be an accurate reflection of his true abilities. Particularly when a possible move to a team that employs a coach that has a game plan showcased by the Hall of fame is involved.

Do you not agree that he's probably been drafted too early by a piss poor franchise that employs a piss poor coaching staff, leading to the possibility that he's been misused and poorly coached, in comparison to what he'd have as a Patriot? They can't all be drafted by the greatest GM and Coach, some need a learning curve. I'd take that hunger every Sunday. As long as he and Matt Light get along, I'm good.

The same coach who got the best season out of him is still at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back