PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats week 2 injury thread (Mesko, Arrington, Hernandez, et al)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Zoltan Mesko (put injury input in plz) news etc

Change your diaper, and report back.

No Kidding. Make it an extra absorbent diaper. It's football and most of these guys came back.

Mesko was back as a holder, Chung was back on the last series making plays and flying around. Hernandez caught a pass on the play after he got nicked up. The hit on Arrington was violent and he may have bigger problems and Dowling looked like he's done for the year.

The creepy stuff were the plays where Chargers were rolling around Brady's knees. He's gotta start turning it loose when the pocket starts to disintegrate and just throw it away. We do not need heroics for a few more yards if he's risking injury.

I'm concerned for the secondary, they really took a beating this game. We definitely need more pass rush to protect them.

And I really hope we have Hernandez back in 2 weeks time. If he is out for the Raiders game that is probably just as well, but we need him for the Jerks game in week 4. He ripped them open last year!

ok how about just growing up and dealing with reality instead of throwing a tantrum over things beyond your control?

Mrs. Mass...permit me to explain something you may not know...this site has 20,000 plus members...gamedays, in the game thread, the split of Chicken Littles to homers is about 50/50. I'm a homer...I prefer to look at things optimistically...others are "sky is falling!!!!!!" jittery as if anything but complete optimum performance by a completely intact roster is the ONLY important thing in the game.

I can see you're a homer....that's why they call it PATS FANS

Welcome mrs_mass, as Joker stated there are the homers and chicken littles (myself being optimistic, but have some worries! e.g. the D after the failed 4th down, it worried me) but aswell as the 2 types, there is a third, TheSolderKing!

You will get used to his posts, or you will block the posts, and notice that they are random and often useless!

Knee injuries...normally if you have a bad one...you are not going to be out there again (cartilage or ligament damage). Your knee swells pretty quick and if you have a bruise or a twinge...I can see you going in again and not returning later as the knee swells and fills with fluid due to the trauma to the area.
This is all speculation. Injuries are part of the game so hopefully ...we will get everyone back.

BTW I have some familiarity with knee injuries since I had a ACL torn and other cartilage related injuries.

Dowling's injury

I missed it; did it look serious? I don't know why but Ras-I has flown under the radar considering how well he has played.

Re: Dowling's injury

Don't remember him getting BADLY beat - which is better than most of our recent DBs.

Ugh : damn injuries.

Dowling is at Mayo Bowling thing tonight bowling ,I guess that is good news you would think if he is hurt he would not be bowling

Dowling is at Mayo Bowling thing tonight bowling ,I guess that is good news you would think if he is hurt he would not be bowling

Any other bowlers we should know about? Arrington? I'm pretty sure you can bowl with a concussion though.

Any other bowlers we should know about? Arrington? I'm pretty sure you can bowl with a concussion though.

He is not their,He is out with is GF on a date according to his twitter page

He isn't bowling, he's dowling.

He is not their,He is out with is GF on a date according to his twitter page

That doesn't help either; Jim Irsay leads me to believe you can twitter with a concussion as well.

According to NESN Daily Hernandez is expected to miss 1-2 weeks with an MCL strain.

Per rapsheet twitter. A. Carter spotted at Mayo Bowl with brace on left hand.

Per rapsheet twitter. A. Carter spotted at Mayo Bowl with brace on left hand.

hm3ux.jpg

Very costly game.

Hopefully we'll get word on Dowling soon... he looked like he was in a lot of pain, and thigh injuries are just weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back