PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs. Miami Post Game Thread - The OH **** Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So, The Patriots were up 24-3 at the half and actually 31-10 at one point and Miami made a game of it with 2 TDs to come within striking distance.

The UGLY. Garoppolo's throwing shoulder is hurt. It's being speculated that it's an AC sprain, though some yahoo posted in the game thread that it was a broken bone and he was gone for 12 weeks.. Claimed to have gotten the info from Gar's agent.. I think he got Gar mixed up with the other E. Illinois QB who DID break his AC joint. That's Romo.

News that Andrews is getting X-rays and walking with a limp.

The GOOD. Blount and Amendola. Blount was a monster in the 2nd half. He put the team on his shoulders and really went to town.. The O-line did fairly well, though there were a couple of plays that they let Suh get free and make a play.

Amendola was money. Caught 2 TDs and really showed to be the receiver many of us hoped when the Pats signed him.

Bennett was amazing again today.. Not just his blocking, but 5 receptions for 114 yards and a TD.. Clearly buying into the Patriots way.

The BAD: The refs were horrible in the 2nd half and clearly made calls to let Miami back in this.
- The sideline catch where the back judge over-ruled the sidejudge. Both feet didn't come down in bounds.
- The BS DPI call on Ryan. He's entitled the ball as well and he moved to make the catch AND was looking for it.. The receiver pulled him down.. That's classic OPI
- The ignored false start on the Miami O-line for their 2nd TD.
- The missed hands to the face call against the Dolphins O-line when they grabbed Branch's grill.
- Alonso not being penalized for a facemask when he clearly dragged Blount down by it.

These were just the blatant things..

It's hard for a defense to look good when the opposing offense is being given every break possible.

Did Edelman play the 4th quarter? I think that the Pats kept him on the sidelines because of the injury to Garoppolo since he's their Emergency QB and since the team doesn't have another eligible QB on the Roster.

A win is a win is a win.

CsqY-iqUIAA2rCW.jpg:large

Only three days/and possibly nights to get JB ready ...

One thing that always bugs me about the Pats...up three scores in the late third, up two scores in the fourth...and they continually snap the ball with 15-20 seconds on the play clock.

I don't get it.

Today that is easily explained by Brissett not being patient..

Just tuned in to Fox and the Rams are playing.

No, I mean the real LA Rams are out there, on the field, playing football.

One thing that always bugs me about the Pats...up three scores in the late third, up two scores in the fourth...and they continually snap the ball with 15-20 seconds on the play clock.

I don't get it.

I was saying the same thing, I said this as soon as Jimmy went down that we needed to start running the clock out asap!

It's really simple. The team has Valentine rated higher than Johnson.

yet both were active against AZ..

It probably came down to wanting the extra LB in Roberts over the extra DT in Johnson.

Word on the street is BB called Peyton........:eek:

I don't get it.

Neither do I. In fact, we made many football errors in the second half which just fed in to what the refs were doing to us on at least 3-4 plays.

When you're ahead by 28 in the second half the name of the game is FIRST DOWNS and full clock usage.

This poor play started as soon as Jimmy left. Miami should never have scored at all in that first half--we practically gave them those 3 points--maybe to keep the audience in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes